I have Pixel 5 and I could use the app till a week or so ago
Now when I start it, it quits without any message
I could use it before and that is why I bought this drone
Anyone?
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RoniSegoly. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Pixel 5 ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 5 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition, kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.
2022-8-7
Use props
RoniSegoly
lvl.1

Israel

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-7 02:40
Hello there RoniSegoly. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Pixel 5 ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Pixel 5 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition, kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

I know it is not on the list of supported phones yet, even though it was able to run till now
I tried installing on another phone which is not on the list and I got a message it is not supported, and in the case of Pixel 5 it worked before and now when I reinstalled I did not get such a message
Any how will keep trying
2022-8-7
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

RoniSegoly Posted at 8-7 02:46
I know it is not on the list of supported phones yet, even though it was able to run till now
I tried installing on another phone which is not on the list and I got a message it is not supported, and in the case of Pixel 5 it worked before and now when I reinstalled I did not get such a message
Any how will keep trying

Did you update anything recently?  Are you running Android 12?

Android 12 is notorious for causing issues with the DJI app.  But it is strange for the app to work and then suddenly stop working…
2022-8-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know it is not on the list of supported phones yet, even though it was able to run till now
I tried installing on another phone which is not on the list and I got a message it is not supported, and in the case of Pixel 5 it worked before and now when I reinstalled I did not get such a message
Any how will keep trying

Maybe give a previous Fly App version a try and see if that will help.  Be sure and uninstall current version and delete all associated files and then restart Pixel 5.  You can find previous versions here.
2022-8-7
Use props
RoniSegoly
lvl.1

Israel

TomKatt Posted at 8-7 04:10

Android 12 is notorious for causing issues with the DJI app.  But it is strange for the app to work and then suddenly stop working…

Someone else on Reddit has same issue. I was abroad for a week so did not use, and I also cleaned unused files, that is  what I recall
2022-8-7
Use props
RoniSegoly
lvl.1

Israel

RoniSegoly Posted at 8-7 05:18
Someone else on Reddit has same issue. I was abroad for a week so did not use, and I also cleaned unused files, that is  what I recall

I tried older version, same issue
I use now compatible app (Litchi) which works fine
2022-8-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TomKatt Posted at 8-7 04:10

Android 12 won't run the DJI Go4 App - that's a fact.
But it runs the DJI Fly App and DJI Mimo App ( at least, for me) on Samsung Galaxy A51.
2022-8-7
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-7 07:33
Android 12 won't run the DJI Go4 App - that's a fact.
But it runs the DJI Fly App and DJI Mimo App ( at least, for me) on Samsung Galaxy A51.

The Fly app on Android 12 seems pretty hit or miss depending on the device - there are numerous posts here regarding issues on devices that worked fine on Android 11, but fail after updating to Android 12…
2022-8-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TomKatt Posted at 8-7 07:54
The Fly app on Android 12 seems pretty hit or miss depending on the device - there are numerous posts here regarding issues on devices that worked fine on Android 11, but fail after updating to Android 12…

DJI have some modifications to do, to improve compatibility, for sure.
2022-8-7
Use props
thefragile
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12635 ft
United States

Yep. Same issue on a Pixel 6. Used it last night perfectly fine. Today I'm out of my first gig because of it, ugh... What is Litchi? How does this app perform compared to the DJI Fly app?
2022-8-7
Use props
lacibaci
Second Officer
Flight distance : 235682 ft
United States

Same here. Used it for months with no problems. Now it will not even start.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_158SuILnIQtV
lvl.1

Canada

I have the same problem. Just stopped working like everyone else during the night was working fine on android 12 since I got the drone. (Don't even think I saw an android update pass so kinda wondering how something like that can happen lol ). I tried everything ( reinstalling / clearing cache / etc ).

Maybe you guys need to remove "Pixel 6" from your supported list unless you fix it QUICKLY. You realize people use your drone for "work" right ?

At least make the SDK available so we can use other apps. ( for the mini 3 )

The only way I found to use my drone for the last 2 days is to use my other phone with a broken screen because on that phone it works fine but it sucks.
2022-8-7
Use props
RoniSegoly
lvl.1

Israel

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 07:45
If your Pixel 5 recently updated to Android 12, download the current Fly app from the DJI Mini 2 support page.  That will fix your craah problem.

please send a link as the one over there crashes1657082707253-DJI-v1.6.9-220705-1005-52705-official-sec

2022-8-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 07:48
Android 12 will run Go & Go4 fine if you update them by downloading the current versions from the relevant DJI product support pages.  Not sure why DJI isn't pushing these new versions through to the Play Store?

That's a handy tip. It's only relevant for my Galaxy A51. The S9 is still on Android10 which is unaffected.
I'll check it out. Thanks!
2022-8-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Android 12 will run Go & Go4 fine if you update them by downloading the current versions from the relevant DJI product support pages.  Not sure why DJI isn't pushing these new versions through to the Play Store?

Found it, but had to download it to Windows laptop then sideload it to the phone. And it runs  Thanks again.
2022-8-8
Use props
antonarhipov
lvl.1

Estonia

On Pixel 6, the newest app downloaded from the DJI page won't even install properly (no shortcut is added to the phone screen), and it doesn't launch either
2022-8-8
Use props
gmore70
lvl.1

Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 09:07
Isn't the Pixel 6 brand new?  Might be something odd in their implementation of Android.  Hopefully it will get sorted out quickly.

nope. Its been out since oct 2021. I have been using the app on my pixel 6 since December, no issues until today.
2022-8-8
Use props
gmore70
lvl.1

Canada

Just adding the DJI Fly App on my Google Pixel 6 stopped working today. It was working perfectly 2 days ago. I have:

1. Checked to see if my phone updated. The phone shows the last update on July 5, 2022 for the OS and Security Patch.
2. Im still running Android 12.
3. So no phone updates since Saturday.
3. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Including a hard reset.
4. Cleared the apps storage and cache.
5. Set all the apps permissions to full. Even the ones it doesnt need.

Since the Phone didnt update and the app didnt update,  I think the issue is:

1. When you start the app.
2. It reaches out to the DJI Mothership to see if there are any updates.
3. My guess that mechanism is broken. Either on the app side of things or on the DJI side of things. I did try putting the phone into Airplane Mode to see if not being connected would resolve the issue. Nothing. But then that could be the problem, if the app doesnt receive an answer, it crashes.

Its that or Google Play, which scans apps, has been updated and its blocking apps that were not download from Google Play. Beyond the "unknown publisher" permission. This is something Google has been slowly working towards so that they can copy Apple's istore and take money off app developers.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_JCrOqzUyDd2f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2267103 ft
United States

Sorry, but looks like another one has joined the completely out of commission non- iphone club. It's not a fun club to be in and I feel your pain. I'm one of thousands going through it as well. Hope you make it through! I got extremely lucky and have a brother willing to part with an ipad to keep me from losing my mind.
2022-8-8
Use props
antonarhipov
lvl.1

Estonia

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 09:07
Isn't the Pixel 6 brand new?  Might be something odd in their implementation of Android.  Hopefully it will get sorted out quickly.

> Isn't the Pixel 6 brand new?  Might be something odd in their implementation of Android.  Hopefully it will get sorted out quickly.

Bought it two weeks ago. Kind new, yes. But it was working for all these two weeks. And now it suddenly stopped working
2022-8-9
Use props
RoniSegoly
lvl.1

Israel

Not sure if DJI go meant to work with DJI mini but on my Android 12 it crashes as well
2022-8-9
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-9 14:04
I don't understand why DJI isn't making these updates available directly from the Play Store?

DJI is doing something that Google doesn't like, so they aren't allowing DJI to distribute the Fly app through the Play Store.  DJI hasn't released a lot of information regarding why that is, so there's not much other than speculation to be found on the web.  

I use iOS, but if I did use Android my initial reaction would be one of suspicion when I learned the official app needed to be side-loaded from their website instead of through the store...  I'm sure that confuses many people.
2022-8-10
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

Its not a Pixel issue its a dji issue  It only shows up on Pixel devices because they are the first to get an OS update.
2022-8-10
Use props
Msan2000
lvl.1
Canada

I have the same issue on my Pixel 6 pro. DJI Fly app and DJI Mimo app where working fine a few days ago. Now both start up and close right away.
I am on Android 12. I reinstalled, cleared cache, storage etc.. no go.
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_4ZyEJjbFzR8C
New
United Kingdom

Hi I've just purchased the dji mini 3 pro and I'm Very happy with it however today i tried to use it and the dji fly app won't even open, just kicks you out straight away with no message.
Im using a Google pixel 6 which I know is on the list of compatible phones and is running version 12.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling about 3 times with no success.
Any suggestions please?
2022-8-12
Use props
codix
lvl.2

Italy

Hello, I've the same crashes of DJI App on my Realme GT2Neo.. Please help me to solve the problem!
Thanks
2022-8-12
Use props
RoniSegoly
lvl.1

Israel

codix Posted at 8-12 01:11
Hello, I've the same crashes of DJI App on my Realme GT2Neo.. Please help me to solve the problem!
Thanks

Someone posted before a beta version which works  on mine without crash
Not sure how trustable
Password DJI123
https://pan-sec.djicorp.com/s/BBwayRpx39mPjW8/authenticate/showShare
2022-8-12
Use props
codix
lvl.2

Italy

RoniSegoly Posted at 8-12 01:40
Someone posted before a beta version which works  on mine without crash
Not sure how trustable
Password DJI123

Many Thanks for your help, App works fine!
2022-8-12
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Someone posted before a beta version which works  on mine without crash
Not sure how trustable
Password DJI123

That looks like the official beta update - it's legit.

DJI should really publish updates like this - this issue seems to affect many users!
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_wk6RqGohbX5s
New

United States

Not sure how trustable
Password DJI123

How do you login? No register option?
2022-8-12
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_wk6RqGohbX5s Posted at 8-12 07:22
How do you login? No register option?

Are you referring to the download link?

There is no registration required - the password for the file is DJI123
2022-8-12
Use props
Ribolov
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

This beta app works, but it is showing panoramic images in the album as panoramic but just "flattened" regular images.  Anyone with the same problem / solution?
2022-8-12
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

Just had update on my Samsung S21 ultra, DJI app on opening would flash then crash!!  Deleted app used SD maid to clean any residue!
Then booted phone into service screen, Cleared phone cache as well. Rebooted phone then reinstalled latest app from DJI site and all is working fine!!

Was worried for a bit!!
2022-8-14
Use props
yerick10
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30157 ft

Costa Rica

I was able to fix the Dji Fly app with the beta, but my RONIN app is with the same issue. Any solution? Im using a Xiaomi Mi 11T
2022-8-16
Use props
yusufsabqi
New

Singapore

Not sure how trustable
Password DJI123

Hi, we are not able to access the file.

This is the error I message that I get

Access forbidden
CSRF check failed

Please help
EDIT: I'm able to access the link now, thanks.
2022-8-16
Use props
RoniSegoly
lvl.1

Israel

I know it is not on the list of supported phones yet, even though it was able to run till now
I tried installing on another phone which is not on the list and I got a message it is not supported, and in the case of Pixel 5 it worked before and now when I reinstalled I did not get such a message
Any how will keep trying

I have purchased second hand Iphone which works fine
My Android worked with the new app without crash but was updated to Ver 13 and crash again
2022-8-17
Use props
PYLo
lvl.1
France

RoniSegoly Posted at 8-17 11:11
I have purchased second hand Iphone which works fine
My Android worked with the new app without crash but was updated to Ver 13 and crash again

You probably have tested it since your message but 1.6.12 dated 19 Aug. available on https://www.dji.com/fr/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly works fine on my Pixel 4XL with Android 13. (At least it starts without crashing, I don't have my Mini 2 at hand to check its connection.)
2022-8-24
Use props
RoniSegoly
lvl.1

Israel

Indeed it does not crash now
I moved to iPhone it's easier although I hate the brand
2022-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules