5406 29 2022-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hello All:
I recognize that the Fujifilm X-H2S is not on compatable list for Ronin RS2.  However, has anyone tried this combination with a female micro HDMI to male HDMI adaptor ?  Besides stabalization what works?  Most important to me are starting/stopping video recording and being able to adjust focus with the focus motor.

Thank you in advance.

Don
2022-8-7
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Anyone given this a try?
2022-8-11
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DGBarar Posted at 8-11 10:49
Anyone given this a try?

Anyone?  DJI.  What are your plans?

Don
2022-8-19
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DGBarar Posted at 8-19 13:14
Anyone?  DJI.  What are your plans?

Don

What are your plans DJI?
2022-8-28
Use props
djiuser_AG7YKFz7WbC8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213323 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Agreed .... DJI why don`t you react faster?
2022-9-7
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hello:

DJI Paladin responded in another thread that they are looking into it.  I would like to find out as well for my purchasing decision.  However, DJI may not have received the SDK from FujiFilm.  The other thing that might be slowing things up is that DJI would also need to develop/source a cable that would go mini male HDMI (for the RavenEye) to male HDMI (for the X-H2S).

In the meantime, it would be terrific if someone who had the both X-H2S and an RS2/RavenEye to find if it is possible to connect the two.  What would be required is a female micro HDMI to male HDMI adaptor.

Don

2022-9-7
Use props
djiuser_AG7YKFz7WbC8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Why female micro hdmi? there is a female micro hdmi in the Raveneye. And a male micro hdmi to male HDMI adaptor is in the Ronin box
2022-9-13
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_AG7YKFz7WbC8 Posted at 9-13 06:55
Why female micro hdmi? there is a female micro hdmi in the Raveneye. And a male micro hdmi to male HDMI adaptor is in the Ronin box

Hi DJIUser:

You are correct.  There is a male mini HDMI to male full size HDMI connector that comes with the RS2 Pro Combo kit.  Thank you for pointing this out.

BTW.  There are three flavors of HDMI: Full, Mini, and Micro.  The HDMI out on the RavenEye is female mini HDMI not micro.

Best regards,

Don
2022-9-13
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hello All:

For those of you that are interested, I purchased an X-H2S and connected it with my RS2.  The only changes from using an X-T3 was that I used the included (with the RS2 Pro) mini HDMI to Full HDMI cable and set Connections on the X-H2S to Select Connection Setting/Selection 3: USB Tether Shooting Auto.

With the above I was able to connect the RavenEye to my iPad and see what was in the field of view of the camera.  I was also able to start/stop video record and alter aperture, shutter speed and ISO. I also  successfully used film profiles of Flog and HLG.

It appears for these items, that the FujiFilm SDK for the X-T3 is similar to that what might be used for the X-H2S.

Don

2022-9-20
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DGBarar Posted at 9-20 12:35
Hello All:

For those of you that are interested, I purchased an X-H2S and connected it with my RS2.  The only changes from using an X-T3 was that I used the included (with the RS2 Pro) mini HDMI to Full HDMI cable and set Connections on the X-H2S to Select Connection Setting/Selection 3: USB Tether Shooting Auto.

Well not so fast.  X-H2S firmware 1.03 everything worked fine for my needs.  Then FujiFiim updated the firmware to version 2.0.  Now, with USB Tether/Auto the record does not stay latched in.  However, there is a workaround.  Instead of USB Tether/Auto use USB Tether Fixed.  When you do this the first attempt at record will not latch.  However, a successive attempt will start movie recording.  So, if you want to use the X-H2S with the RS2 make sure you do not upgrade to FujiFilm firmware version 2.0 unless you want to use the workaround.

I spoke with FujiFilm Technical Support.  There is no way to roll back the firmware.  This seems to be the case with Sony as well.  I believe this to be dumb engineering.  If they break something with a firmware update you are screwed until the manufacturer issues a new firmware.

So three, big cheers for DJI.  At least you can roll back the firmware.

Judging the lack on interest in this thread, I must be the only idiot in the world that is attempting to make this work!

BTW.  DJI what are doing to get us X-H2S owners support for the X-H2S?
Don

2022-9-30
Use props
djiuser_AG7YKFz7WbC8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Thank you for your Infos. Very helpful
2022-9-30
Use props
djiuser_AG7YKFz7WbC8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Please send further Infos I  the future . For me it is a important Combo xh2s and rs2
2022-9-30
Use props
fans8f1fc5ee
New
Flight distance : 678222 ft
Germany

I tried the workaround with tether fixed for me it’s doesn’t work - it’s just records for one second :/

@dji please add Fuji XH2s & Fuji XH2 asap to your supported cameras, as well as the 18-120mm with power zoom function.

Thank you
2022-10-6
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi Fans:

This is the problem with version 2.0 of the X-H2S firmware.  There is a work around.  Press record on the RS2.  As you pointed out it will record for about 1 second then shuts off.  Quickly press record again on the RS2.  This time it will continue to record.

When you want to stop recording try pressing the Record on the RS2.  If it does not work, press the shutter button on the camera.

Also, I went back to USB Tether Auto.  There was no difference in performance between that at USB Tether Fixed.

Let me know if this helps you.

Don
BTW.  Everything worked perfectly on X-H2S firmware 1.03.  Version 2.0 broke things.

2022-10-6
Use props
djiuser_AG7YKFz7WbC8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

I called Fujifilm.  I could send the cam to Fuji and they roll back to 1.03
2022-10-8
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, FujiFilm can roll back the firmware by replacing a chip.  Did my hit record twice workaround not work for you?

However, I would wait a bit for DJI to update their firmware for this camera.  DJI may be waiting for FujiFilm to stabilize their firmware before updating theirs.
2022-10-8
Use props
djiuser_AG7YKFz7WbC8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Yes the workaround is well . Thank you.
2022-10-8
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am delighted the workaround worked for you.  Let’s hope that DJI releases a firmware update soon for the RS2 and does not only issue an update for the RS3 for X-H2S.

Don
2022-10-8
Use props
djiuser_huuL9Tb4kJNI
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DGBarar Posted at 10-8 12:27
I am delighted the workaround worked for you.  Let’s hope that DJI releases a firmware update soon for the RS2 and does not only issue an update for the RS3 for X-H2S.

Don

They will NOT update firmware of DJI RS2 they even removed it from shop so people start buying RS3.
What a greedy company, basically I have to sell my RS 2 as it useless with new cameras
2022-10-13
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

In the United States, I am still seeing the RS2 Pro Combo still available for purchase on their website.  Besides we do not know that they will not update the RS2's firmware.  It is basically the same as the RS3.

Don
2022-10-13
Use props
djiuser_AG7YKFz7WbC8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Does the 2.1 Update solve the problem?
2022-10-26
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_AG7YKFz7WbC8 Posted at 10-26 23:58
Does the 2.1 Update solve the problem?

Hello,'

Just updated the X-H2S to version 2.1 of the firmware.  My testing has been limited.  However, with selection of record on the RS2 the camera records and stays recording until pressing the record button again.  I would say that version 2.1 resolves issues created 2.0.

Don
2022-10-27
Use props
djiuser_AG7YKFz7WbC8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Sounds good
2022-10-27
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully, FujiFilm's next firmware update will not break this functionality again.  Did I just write that?  Fingers crossed.
2022-10-27
Use props
djiuser_AG7YKFz7WbC8
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Absolutely
2022-10-28
Use props
fans50b43703
lvl.3
Flight distance : 424865 ft
Australia

Interesting thread. Im about to try pairing my XH2 with the RSC 2 (when it arrives). Toes and fingers crossed.
2023-1-7
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans50b43703 Posted at 1-7 01:09
Interesting thread. Im about to try pairing my XH2 with the RSC 2 (when it arrives). Toes and fingers crossed.

HI Fans:

I have only tried on an X-H2S/RS2 but I would expect that it would work similarly on an X-H2.  The only thing new that I have to report is that after the first record, my RS-2 knocks out the WB balance button on the X-H2S.   The easy work around is that I have put WB on the Q Menu.

Please report back on your success with X-H2/RSC2.  I would like to find out.

Don
2023-1-7
Use props
fans50b43703
lvl.3
Flight distance : 424865 ft
Australia

Thanks Don. Great thread. I should receive my RS2 within a week...or so.
2023-1-8
Use props
Siroliver
New
Flight distance : 59262 ft
Hungary

Hi!

I have the newest firmware on both - rs2: v01.05.00.20, and fujifilm: 3.01 - and have the same issue :/ You have to start it twice, to works once :/ I can't imagine, why is it hard to put the x-h2s into the rs2, if all the rs3s can handle x-h2s. The Rs2 wasn't cheap, don't leave all the owners alone! Please dji, make an upgrate! Your last was more than a year!
2023-3-19
Use props
DGBarar
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Siroliver Posted at 3-19 13:28
Hi!

I have the newest firmware on both - rs2: v01.05.00.20, and fujifilm: 3.01 - and have the same issue :/ You have to start it twice, to works once :/ I can't imagine, why is it hard to put the x-h2s into the rs2, if all the rs3s can handle x-h2s. The Rs2 wasn't cheap, don't leave all the owners alone! Please dji, make an upgrate! Your last was more than a year!

Hi Siroliver:

Thank you for writing.

X-H2S firmware 2.1 was the best.  It did not require two selections of record to get the camera to record for more than a few moments--one selection was enough.  Version 3.00 and 3.01 has broken this and now requires selecting record twice as did firmware version 2.0.

Be careful what you wish for on DJI upgrading the firmware so that it allows of the X-H2S on the RS2.  In looking at DJI’s compatibility chart of the X-H2S with RS3 it does not do very much except start/stop record.  At least with the RS2’s current firmware, from the Ronin App I can also adjust the X-H2S' shutter speed, aperture, an ISO through RavenEye.

Don
2023-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules