Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crewpower_chris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2221 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hello,

I saw the Focus wheel mounted on the Ronin RS2 to make it possible to focus with the front gimbal wheel, while zooming with the mounted Focus wheel. So using 2 motors at the same time.
I just bought this wheel and motor (2022 version) to do the same on the RS3 Pro, but the red light keeps blinking, meaning that the motor is not connecting.

Will this setup not work on this gimbal?

Thanks for your answer.
Chris
2022-8-7
Use props
fansfd9618a2
New
United States

Having the same issue sadly. Would love to hear if anyone has a fix.
2022-8-10
Use props
joshtidsbury
New

United States

Unfortunately I am also seeing the same behavior.
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_a2WLeIew3T83
New
United States

Same problem. Anyone figure it out?
2022-9-4
Use props
SRS124
lvl.1
United States

I was personally able to get it to light up green, as shown in this link here. Alas, as you see in the video, there is no where in the menus that allows me to give an assignment to the Side Focus Wheel. What's disappointing to me, is how on DJI's own product website, the Focus Wheel is labeled as compatible with the RS3 and RS3 Pro, yet it seemingly not only doesn't work, but there is NO resources online showing how to get it to work. Very disappointed right now as this new gimbal feels like a down grade as of yet.
2022-9-4
Use props
LightMotif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7664 ft
France

It's the same problem with the rs2 ! The focus wheel does not communicate with the new motor (2022 version) unlike the old one .
2022-9-5
Use props
MetalMonkey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I hope DJI does make it compatible was just about to buy the dji R wheel for the same reason.
2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_j6P8sSqETtt0
New
Netherlands

MetalMonkey Posted at 9-9 13:23
I hope DJI does make it compatible was just about to buy the dji R wheel for the same reason.

I called support and as of now it is not supported
2022-9-21
Use props
fansce2a8f87
New

France

Hi !
I was curious to know if anybody tried the focus wheel on rs3.
I'd like to use the new 2022 motor with the gimbal front wheel to pull focus and a rs2 motor with the focus wheel to trigger zoom ring.
I read that the new 2022 focus motor is not compatible with the focus wheel but does it work with the previous motor from rs2 ?
Thanks in advance for your help !
Cheers !
2022-10-26
Use props
crewpower_chris
lvl.1
  • >>>
Belgium

Hello,

It works when you use the side wheel with the old focus motor
2022-10-26
Use props
djiuser_EXZxDJ6AEfWc
New

South Korea

crewpower_chris Posted at 10-26 22:47
Hello,

It works when you use the side wheel with the old focus motor

Yes, but old focus motor does not support RS3 Pro.
2022-11-8
Use props
crewpower_chris
lvl.1
  • >>>
Belgium

I use it like that...

New motor listens to the front wheel of RS3 pro while rs2 motor listens to the focus wheel on the side of RS3 pro
2022-11-8
Use props
APC-R User
lvl.2

United States

Kind of a bummer. Since I have to buy the old motor on a new product to use my middle things apc-r for remote control.
2022-11-10
Use props
Magic Film
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

software is not good,hardware is good
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_CTXIEGRFaXVi
New
South Africa

Does the rs2 focus motor work on the rs3 please?
Mine is just blinking red while being plugged into the middle slot on the tilt arm. Tia
2022-11-19
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just confirming that as of today, the Ronin-S focus wheel still does not with the 2022 focus motor on the RS3 Pro. Grrr.
2023-1-31
Use props
twtw
lvl.2

United States

Any update from DJI about this?
2023-2-25
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

It’s bonkers that DJI is STILL showing the Ronin-S Focus Wheel as compatible with the RS3 Pro, yet it’s functionally useless. Can’t control camera functions, and can’t connect to the 2022 Focus Motor.
Does anyone know if there is ANY function that it has on the RS3 Pro, or is DJI just happily selling hardware that does nothing?
2023-5-28
Use props
kamileon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44511 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I can confirm that the DJI Ronin Focus Wheel does work with the RS3 Pro Combo that includes the Focus Motor.

1) Connect motor to the middle USB-C port at the gimbal head
2) Connect motor to the first from left USB-C port with the same cable. At this point the light on the Focus wheel should look semi green/almost yellow (not dark green yet).
3) Double press the button on the focus wheel. The motor will calibrate the end points - make sure the focus track is tight to the lens!

And there you go, after the endpoint calibration is complete, the light on the Focus Wheel will turn solid/dark green. Now as long as you don't have the dial assigned to control the focus motor, the Focus Wheel will do this!

You're welcome and thanks to the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzLovmTnTjA vid by Write & Direct.
2023-8-17
Use props
Andrew James Productions
New

United Kingdom

kamileon Posted at 8-17 21:45
I can confirm that the DJI Ronin Focus Wheel does work with the RS3 Pro Combo that includes the Focus Motor.

1) Connect motor to the middle USB-C port at the gimbal head

The focus wheel stops working when you've had a bad calibration or a motor slip on the focus wheel gears. Make sure you have lens attached with gear connected and motor setup in the gears properly. Double click the focus wheel for end point calibration. It then starts to work again. Note it wont work if you try to calibrate without proper lens setup.
2023-8-26
Use props
Sacha RB
New

United States

Hi, I hope this helps:

In "Dial Functions" I selected "Focus and Zoom - Bluetooth"
Now the Ronin S dial spins my RS2 motor and the dial on the RS3 is inactive
4-16 08:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now