Identify drone’s owner
2853 9 2022-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_v1l7c23omBF9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1079915 ft
Mexico

Hello! I arrived to Cancun from Seattle a day ago and found a DJI Mini with the fly more combo in my luggage. I guess the luggage with it got opened, and the workers decided to put it into a random bag nearby. The drone itself has no info on it; it has a MicroSD  card, but I have nothing to read it with.

I am looking for a way to get in touch with the owner to return the drone to him. Tried to contact Alaska Airlines, but they put me on hold for 40 minutes, and spending that much time on vacation is not an option.

2022-8-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could PM the serial number to one of the Mods/Admins and hopefully they can contact the owner via email to have him/her contact you via PM here on the forum.  Shame Guest Services where you are staying doesn't have a computer room or could loan you an SD Card Reader.  Couple years back I bought a mini USB C card reader and I can plug it right into the USB C port on my mobile device.  Even so the owner may not have put a file on the SD with contact info.

I applaud you for trying to the get drone returned to it's owner.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_v1l7c23omBF9
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-7 14:06
You could PM the serial number to one of the Mods/Admins and hopefully they can contact the owner via email to have him/her contact you via PM here on the forum.  Shame Guest Services where you are staying doesn't have a computer room or could loan you an SD Card Reader.  Couple years back I bought a mini USB C card reader and I can plug it right into the USB C port on my mobile device.  Even so the owner may not have put a file on the SD with contact info.

I applaud you for trying to the get drone returned to it's owner.

I don’t know really any of moderators or admins here; as this is my first post, and I don’t know if they have access to the registration data. But I hope that someone who has it for sure will read this message eventually. All I have at the moment is a S/N.
2022-8-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_v1l7c23omBF9 Posted at 8-7 14:13
I don’t know really any of moderators or admins here; as this is my first post, and I don’t know if they have access to the registration data. But I hope that someone who has it for sure will read this message eventually. All I have at the moment is a S/N.

I'm sure a Mod or Admin will come along soon.  They should be able to locate the owner via the serial number and cross it to the email used when activating the drone.  

You could also look in the Service Category, Forum Issue located at top of the forum.  Several Mods will be visible in that section.

2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Kindly please contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance and and provide us with the serial number of the DJI Drone. Thank you.
2022-8-7
Use props
djiuser_v1l7c23omBF9
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-7 21:32
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Kindly please contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance and and provide us with the serial number of the DJI Drone. Thank you.

A quick update: I reached the support, they identified the owner and sent him/her a message with my contact info. Hopefully the lost bird will be reunited with its owner soon. Thank you all for your help!

PS. And if you don’t want that to happen to you - write some contact information either on your drone or on the case.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_v1l7c23omBF9 Posted at 8-8 06:40
A quick update: I reached the support, they identified the owner and sent him/her a message with my contact info. Hopefully the lost bird will be reunited with its owner soon. Thank you all for your help!

PS. And if you don’t want that to happen to you - write some contact information either on your drone or on the case.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for giving out this update. Again, thank you for your help and for supporting DJI. Have a nice day and keep flying.
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_v1l7c23omBF9
lvl.1
Mexico

And the final update. The owner just picked up the drone, and they’re on the way back to the US. The drone didn’t have a chance to fly in Mexico, but this is not the worst outcome anyway
2022-8-12
Use props
jitto
New

United Kingdom

I found a drone today  can i find the owner, can you please help?
seral number 1581F5YHC22BJ0023VXU
jitto
2023-7-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

jitto Posted at 7-16 00:27
I found a drone today  can i find the owner, can you please help?
seral number 1581F5YHC22BJ0023VXU
jitto

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to us. Please get in touch with the relevant team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance with the serial number.
2023-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules