Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It is a pity that when pressing rth you can’t do a kind of
Course lock like you can do with the mini 2.
Hope dji will implement it with a fw update
2022-8-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It is a really nice feature, should be reinstated ;+)…
2022-8-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

my guess is this was unintentional and essentially a "bug" in the mini2 and therefore they didn't know to repeat this in the mini3pro.  the real answer is simply to implement "course lock" as a feature.  likely this has suffered that same fate as waypoints.
2022-8-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be a useful feature.  Hopefully, DJI will consider adding it for the Mini 3.  
2022-8-7
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

Yes, it has always been a nice feature. No reason to remove it...
2022-8-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dronie1965. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these matter and information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-8-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-7 17:28
This worked on models without obstacle avoidance, & on OA models when OA is disabled.  Makes sense the drone has to fly forward when using the OA sensors.  I forgot to test if disabling OA on the Mini 3 allows rotation during RTH, but give it a try.  This works on a Mavic Pro, Mavic 2, & the P4/P4P 2.0.  I don't have any newer OA birds to test besides the Mini 3.

Thats a good point DB, i forgot to check this myself yesterday when testing a bit more, *face palm*
2022-8-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great suggestion
2022-8-7
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This worked on models without obstacle avoidance, & on OA models when OA is disabled.  Makes sense the drone has to fly forward when using the OA sensors.  I forgot to test if disabling OA on the Mini 3 allows rotation during RTH, but give it a try.  This works on a Mavic Pro, Mavic 2, & the P4/P4P 2.0.  I don't have any newer OA birds to test besides the Mini 3.

I always fly without oa , therefore doesnt work unfortunately
2022-8-8
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

This worked on models without obstacle avoidance, & on OA models when OA is disabled.  Makes sense the drone has to fly forward when using the OA sensors.  I forgot to test if disabling OA on the Mini 3 allows rotation during RTH, but give it a try.  This works on a Mavic Pro, Mavic 2, & the P4/P4P 2.0.  I don't have any newer OA birds to test besides the Mini 3.

If you turn Obstacle Avoidance off and hit RTH it automatically turns the OA back on and locks you out from disabling it again. It does not allow rotation during RTH but you can rotate when ascending or descending though ....
2022-8-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This worked on models without obstacle avoidance, & on OA models when OA is disabled.  Makes sense the drone has to fly forward when using the OA sensors.  I forgot to test if disabling OA on the Mini 3 allows rotation during RTH, but give it a try.  This works on a Mavic Pro, Mavic 2, & the P4/P4P 2.0.  I don't have any newer OA birds to test besides the Mini 3.

Good catch
2022-8-8
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 07:29
Some of the changes they made on the newer birds are undesirable.   Inability to disable OA during RTH & not stopping ascent during RTH climb when bumping throttle down both come to mind.

I'm assuming you can stop the ascent with pause button, I hope ??
2022-8-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 07:29
Some of the changes they made on the newer birds are undesirable.   Inability to disable OA during RTH & not stopping ascent during RTH climb when bumping throttle down both come to mind.

So if the OA is turned off manually for the flight, does it then auto turn on when RTH is initiated?
That should be users choice, it could mean that the drone may not reach home if the battery was low, granted, it shouldnt be drained so low but it happens, that's nearly as bad as the 3-second RTH after disconnect. you get no time to try to adjust the RC
2022-8-8
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-8 20:55
So if the OA is turned off manually for the flight, does it then auto turn on when RTH is initiated?
That should be users choice, it could mean that the drone may not reach home if the battery was low, granted, it shouldnt be drained so low but it happens, that's nearly as bad as the 3-second RTH after disconnect. you get no time to try to adjust the RC

Yes. it turns back on even if it is set to off before RTH . You are unable to turn back off during RTH unless you abort the RTH
2022-8-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Goggles Pisano Posted at 8-9 14:20
Yes. it turns back on even if it is set to off before RTH . You are unable to turn back off during RTH unless you abort the RTH

Thats a shame, its ruined a great feature that the Mini 2 has
I get why OA is needed for RTH but surely it should be an option.

There should be a PRO mode whereby pilots that have done x amount of miles/kilometers can enable this mode and should be able to disable certain features that DJI deems as part of their safety. We don't all need to wear kid gloves.
2022-8-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-9 14:06
Haven't flown the Mini 3 enough to know for certain, but that's what I'm gathering from what others are posting.

Thanks, it certainly looks that way
2022-8-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be nice indeed.
Although I feel it was a 'undocumented' feature that DJI converted as 'nice feature'
2022-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules