Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What do you use>APPLE OR ANDROID
12667 98 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

CCrew Posted at 2017-2-23 02:54
I think if you spend more time on the various forums that Android issues outweigh Apple ones. I'm OS agnostic, but the lack of a standard on Android is more the problem IMHO, with different manufacturers loading different skins, etc. I have a really nice Samsung Tab S cellular that by all accounts should run fine, but the reality is that Samsung's TouchWiz interface simply kills it.

I saw my Samsung tablet updated that TouchWiz recently.  I don't know what it is, but after some time of being on, the tablet's screen does not respond to my finger being on it.  I have to do a hard shutdown and reboot to get it to work again.  TouchWiz maybe?  Samsung CS is non-exisitant on the matter.

It also did a black screen with a blue border crash while running GO 4 too.  My Samsung phone is a bit better, but it also breaks up into green bars with video at times (S6Edge).  Not impressed with Samsung performance or their CS who disconnects chat or doesn't respond to emails.
2017-2-23
Use props
spiderbot
lvl.4
United States

Just chiming in, I use both an Android phone and an Android tablet.  Both work perfectly.  I don't see why anyone would have an issue with Android.

I do not own an Apple device.
2017-2-23
Use props
Sp00nix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28678 ft
United States

I'm using an LG v521 tablet with LTE service,and a OnePlus 3 phone. Both running Android 7 and work great, other then a couple DJI Go crashes on the tablet.
2017-2-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Looking at total numbers today, it appears that the difference between Android and Apple users is pretty insignificant. Nearly tied, 1-1.

That's interesting. I would have thought there would have been far more Apple devices. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-23
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Hemorrhoids are very common these days.
2017-2-23
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-23 11:46
Looking at total numbers today, it appears that the difference between Android and Apple users is pretty insignificant. Nearly tied, 1-1.

That's interesting. I would have thought there would have been far more Apple devices. ;-)

Based on the shelf-space devoted to Apple accessories, you'd think Apple has the commanding share of the market.

Personally, I haven't found the features on the Apple products to be such that I thought it worth paying the extra for the Apple name. If an iPod actually produced better sound than a similar sized Sansa MP3 player, I couldn't hear the difference anyway, so why pay the difference?
2017-3-5
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

I just have a anti-proprietary mind set. Always owned a Android and a PC for that reason. Open source all the way.
2017-3-6
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

DrACE Posted at 2015-8-6 04:45
I have updated all firmware as of yesterday and my Samsung Galaxy S6 edge still has really choppy video as soon as it takes off.  It lags very bad, so I have to switch to my wife's Apple 6 and problem solved.  This seems to be a huge issue with most Android devices and until they get it fixed, I would stay away from Android.

It's not an issue for me on Android,  However I am using a Sony Xperia Ultra that have super fast chipsets.

Also I do not fly with other apps open. I don't have fb, email, skype or other apps open on my phone.

Also try aircraft mode if you have issues and clear your PHONE's cache.
2017-3-6
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

gas.tube Posted at 2015-9-18 09:31
Android here.

Nook HD+ running CyanogenMod 10.1.3. Almost flawless.

I used my Nook HD+ which I liked but the GO APP 3.1.3 started crashing more frequently than I liked, I did not have the most current Android version and my Nook was running on an N2A card.  Hard to beat the large screen and clarity of the HD+

I now use a dedicated Nvidia Shield K1.
2017-3-10
Use props
Yac_Attack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 704426 ft
United States

I've used iPod Touch 5th gen, iPad Mini 1, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6s. First two unsurprisingly are not powerful enough as there is considerable video feed lag. The others work great though!
2017-3-10
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use both but not necessarily by choice. I have an Inspire 1 Pro that I use an Ipad Mini with and a P4P+ that I bought mainly out of curiosity.
I just had to see the 'super bright' self contained monitor and the 20mp camera.
I didn't plan to keep it. I was going to try it out for awhile then sell it on eBay. But it grew on me! It has become my run-n-gun rig and I find the camera amazing.
So I use both, and for different tasks. I have the Z3 on the I1 which has replaced the X5.
I use no 3rd party apps so I have no complaints on the android system other than focus assistant is missing.
2017-4-19
Use props
CXK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104383 ft
United States

Apple here. I used to be someone who scoffed at Apple stuff but now I only use Apple products. Macs, iPads, Phones, Watch...it all works together nicely and best of all it all WORKS all the time. I got so sick of reformatting Windows, learning a new phones quirks, etc. My iPad Pro 9.7 inch works great with the P4P!
2017-4-19
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I used an iPad.  I needed to get an anti-glare shield for daytime use, plus a "box" to wrap around it, AND the extender for the mount since my iPad is larger than the remote's original max height extension would handle.
2017-4-19
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Hoomi Posted at 2017-3-5 20:35
Based on the shelf-space devoted to Apple accessories, you'd think Apple has the commanding share of the market.

Personally, I haven't found the features on the Apple products to be such that I thought it worth paying the extra for the Apple name. If an iPod actually produced better sound than a similar sized Sansa MP3 player, I couldn't hear the difference anyway, so why pay the difference?

I chose Apple because it is more stable, AND the processor is way better implemented (and faster). When you have tight control over hardware and software, the more reliable things can be. The votes may be half and half when it comes to Apple or Android, but you also have to think - Apple is one manufacturer - and the other half that is Android = x manufacturers.. And I have heard that each manufacturer has a different quirk when it comes to DJIGo.. I have never had Go crash on me while flying, looking at my old flights, using the editor, etc. I started out with version 3 and have been on version 4 every since it came out.. It works great for my P4 and my P4Pro..  
2017-5-1
Use props
Lowdspeaker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290856 ft
United States

I use the i-Pad Air2 for the majority of my flying and have had no lag issues and very little fragmentation. I do get occasional visual glitches in the live view like artifacting and screen flickers, but these issues don't happen frequently enough to be an issue. Also, I think those issues are more as a result of obstacles in the way of the transmission and wifi interference.  The only major issue I've had with the i-Pad was one incident of over-heating which completely shut down the device mid-flight  
2017-6-21
Use props
Xavier1984
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579088 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I use both.
I begin with a Samsung S7 Edge, then due to the small screen i switch with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. All was OK (only the USB connection) before i updated to the Android 7 and with the las DJI drone and app firmware : a lot of application crash, strange message, bad video feedback.

So i decided to switch with a Ipad Air 2: just flawless, not any connection issue, more functions, more stable video feedback.. I don't have many experience with Apple device, so i need to do more flights with the Ipad but i think Apple is better for DJI product (and i'm not a fan of Apple but the main goal is to fly a drone without any problems).
2017-6-22
Use props
Art-AbandonedPh
New

United States

I am sorry to seem as if I am beating a dead horse here... I am an ex-apple and avid droid user now. I am NOT trying to incite a Droid Vs. Apple argument but hoping for real opinions. If people from both camps could tell me what they use as far as apps I would greatly appreciate it. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7" and also an Apple iPad Mini 4, also I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ phone. Anyone willing to share their opinions and or pro's/cons I would sincerely appreciate the input!
2017-6-25
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Apple iPad and iPhone 6+ user here.
2017-10-24
Use props
McCraik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 338366 ft
United Kingdom

I use both, after being a life long Android fan I started flying a month ago with my One+ 2 however the screen is a bit small for my ageing eyesight so checked the forums and decided to get an iPad mini 2. This has worked perfectly until yesterday when I updated the app to version 4.1.14 were it now crashes if I play back flights and try to show the satellite view, haven't tried flying yet so not sure how that goes. So not sure about the greater stability claim for iOS, also if it is made for Apple how come it has a micro USB lead and no Lightning connector?
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules