Image stutter when in motion-Mini 3 Pro
4385 12 2022-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384698 ft
United States

I have been noticing that my videos are stuttering when the drone is in motion, either when rotating or when flying sideways by objects.  I have read that this could be caused by frame rate or other incompatibilities, but I want to make sure that my drone is not defective.  This is my first drone, so I have little experience with all of this. This video attached shows what I am talking about.  It was shot at 4K30.  Please let me know what you think.  

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ai2lWURo-v0DgoR5ivpff3dQf1Wc_g?e=2A0Aoa

2022-8-8
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

No studdering on my side at all watching the video. The movement is absolutely smooth.
I would suggest you check the system you're watching the video on for overload. Here I see 14% GPU load for video decoding. But this is a RTX 3090 which is near top notch video card that a consumer PC will have these days. If your video decoding stresses the GPU or CPU significantly you will encounter studdering. Especially if you choose H.265 coding your machine has a heap of work to do for realtime playback.
2022-8-8
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
United States

SeehawerB Posted at 8-8 02:04
No studdering on my side at all watching the video. The movement is absolutely smooth.
I would suggest you check the system you're watching the video on for overload. Here I see 14% GPU load for video decoding. But this is a RTX 3090 which is near top notch video card that a consumer PC will have these days. If your video decoding stresses the GPU or CPU significantly you will encounter studdering. Especially if you choose H.265 coding your machine has a heap of work to do for realtime playback.

OK, well that's good to know!  I have noticed stuttering on all playback devices that I have.  So, I suppose graphic card upgrade is in order...  Thanks for viewing!
2022-8-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I concur with the reponse of SeehawerB. No jitter at all. Smooth and steady. That's on my fairly elderly laptop too.  Sound like you need a GPU upgrade For the time being, you could try filming at a lower resolution.  !920x1080  for example.
2022-8-8
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-8 02:18
I concur with the reponse of SeehawerB. No jitter at all. Smooth and steady. That's on my fairly elderly laptop too.  Sound like you need a GPU upgrade For the time being, you could try filming at a lower resolution.  !920x1080  for example.

Thank you for weighing in!  At least the drone is working properly!  I guess my computer could use some help though!
2022-8-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfbd2311f Posted at 8-8 02:22
Thank you for weighing in!  At least the drone is working properly!  I guess my computer could use some help though!

That's about the size of it
It's a great little drone.
2022-8-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I viewed your video on a high end gaming laptop and I'm not seeing any stuttering or jitter in the video.  I would say your drone is not the issue.  Most probably related to a CPU or GPU on your PC or laptop.  
2022-8-8
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

The only "issue" I see is in the clouds, the jump every 1s. That's just the keyframe doing its normal thing.
2022-8-8
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
United States

jefish Posted at 8-8 06:53
The only "issue" I see is in the clouds, the jump every 1s. That's just the keyframe doing its normal thing.

Can you elaborate on this?  I'm new here...  
2022-8-8
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

fansfbd2311f Posted at 8-8 07:21
Can you elaborate on this?  I'm new here...

The jump you see in the clouds is the result of a 1-second keyframe. There's just not enough detail in that area to prevent it being so obvious. Annoying, but normal.

https://blog.video.ibm.com/strea ... -video-compression/
2022-8-8
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
United States

jefish Posted at 8-8 07:49
The jump you see in the clouds is the result of a 1-second keyframe. There's just not enough detail in that area to prevent it being so obvious. Annoying, but normal.

https://blog.video.ibm.com/streaming-video-tips/keyframes-interframe-video-compression/

Thank you for this!
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

HI there. Thank you for reaching out. I was able to check the video that you posted and it seems that the video doesn't have any issues at all and it looks awesome. Kindly please try to use a different media player or might as well a different PC that has a much higher specification and provides us the timestamp where the issue occurs. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_rEMzHYx8kOly
lvl.1

Australia

The video was fine for me however i have serious stuttering issue and have and RTX 3090 and AMD 5900x and running the studio version of resolve. The clouds do have the "key frame issue" which i consider an issue because my canon R3 never would do this. I think i have to realise my drone will suffer from stuttering and the cloud issue because of the compression. For me it's and issue but i also understand that it's not an $8000 Canon R3 which lets you choose your compression. Dissapointing but also understandable as the Mini 3 pro is tiny and writes to SD card.
2022-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules