Landing Gear problem
868 7 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave Edits
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9154 ft
United States

My inspire arms are not completely level. This is a result of a crash. However the aircaft shows no signs of cracked, or bent items. Everything is solid. I realise the crash did somthing to make it off set. Anyone have a similar issue ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
https://db.tt/CndYraPX

2015-8-5
Use props
mixmaven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1699081 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI support center in LA has a jig to properly align the arms.  That is the only official option I am aware of.  
2015-8-5
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

looks like in landing mode its normal? or maybe off just a tad? hard to tell, but way outta wack in raised position.  ive not had that issue and if you cant see something bent or jammed or anything else causing the severe difference im not sure what to say, other than im very hesitant to send mine in to dji for service with the 2 month turn around time before you get it back, what a joke.   Id be trying everything to fix it myself, which i did to mine after i crashed it.  Was hard to find spare parts initially but once i found the source they have everything you.  Wish dji would sell all components, they really arent hard to fix if you can get the parts and have the ability to run a screwdriver.  The goofy knob gobblers used about 48 different kinds of screws on the inspire though, phillips, hex, alan and multiple different sizes, grrr!  Took longer finding all the right tools for each type than it did to actually fix it, ha!
2015-8-5
Use props
Dave Edits
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9154 ft
United States

Thank you mixmaven  and sultangris01. I guess it's time to box it up and send it off. Bummer
2015-8-10
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

I might have more info, saw another thread, the small arm under the main arm is a clamp that holds the angle, take the sticker off to see the screw and adjust. Prefect angle isn't essential, due to a crash and broken arm and an imperfect fix I did myself the motors on one arm don't line up with each other. Been flying that way for months with no issue. You should be able to eyeball it cost than what mine is, lol. I'd try that before waiting two months for dji to do it.
2015-8-10
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Cost= closer, eyeball it closer I meant.
2015-8-10
Use props
tapboxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824672 ft
United States

what happens if you don't pick it up?
Mine does that too if you pick it up during the change over, it thinks it going into flight
2015-8-10
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Oops, if this is the thread where the arms don't move all the way up on one side then disregard my last post. I'm viewing on my phone and the video doesn't work, sorry
2015-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules