Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH
639 13 2022-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_o7ug4zvxo3zL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3120220 ft
Montenegro

Hello,

I dont know since, but I noticed that my air2s wont increase attitude whan I press RTH or lose signal. It just go streight back home. I update evrything...dji app, firmware... few time change rth attitude.  But it is same problem . Help
2022-8-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At what distance is such an RTH being triggered? There are distance thresholds at which the behaviour changes, 5m and 50m. These are detailed in the manual https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... anual_v1.0_enIV.pdf
2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_o7ug4zvxo3zL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3120220 ft
Montenegro

You are right, I didnt know about that
2022-8-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd suggest ploughing through the manual and asking questions about anything you even think you do not understand.
The wording of some parts of some DJI manuals is questionable, especially on the first read through.
I think it is advisable to work your way through every concievable RTH behavior in practice flights in a safe place BEFORE they are encoutered for real in a real flight.
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have given. It is great to know that after referring to the post above the matter has been clarified. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-8-10
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-8 06:34
I'd suggest ploughing through the manual and asking questions about anything you even think you do not understand.
The wording of some parts of some DJI manuals is questionable, especially on the first read through.
I think it is advisable to work your way through every concievable RTH behavior in practice flights in a safe place BEFORE they are encoutered for real in a real flight.

You are very very right. I do not understand the downvote unless the OP felt offended, No DJI drone in my mind ever increased altitude on RTH. It's in the manual for those able to read it. If you can't read English I  understand and suggest you read the alternate language manuals or ask for advice here as sensible.
2022-8-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers Gary, I hadn't noticed the down vote.
2022-8-10
Use props
fanse0f68750
lvl.3
Flight distance : 239672 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 8-10 21:06
You are very very right. I do not understand the downvote unless the OP felt offended, No DJI drone in my mind ever increased altitude on RTH. It's in the manual for those able to read it. If you can't read English I  understand and suggest you read the alternate language manuals or ask for advice here as sensible.

"No DJI drone in my mind ever increased altitude on RTH."

I have a mini2 and an air 2S and they both can be set to increase altitude on RTH If I have set it RTH altitude to 400ft but am currently flying at 200, if I hit the RTH button it first goes up to 400 then comes home.
2022-8-11
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

kinda ot but the cool thing about the skydio rth process, you can designate beforehand either the absolute rth altitude value or you can indicate a relative increase.  meaning if you happen to be flying around at 100 feet and you disconnect, you can increase to a static 200 feet and rth (facing forwards or backwards because oa is perfect regardless orientation) or you can add 200 feet to present agl which means you'll rise to 300 feet then rth.  pretty nice.
2022-8-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

RTFM is the best solution, but here is the condensed. Unles you are a certain distance from HP, the drone will not gain altitude before RTH. If you are above your set RTH altitude, it will stay at it's present altitude. If you are below your set RTH altitude and far enough from HP it will rise to your preset RTH altitude.
2022-8-11
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanse0f68750 Posted at 8-11 01:02
"No DJI drone in my mind ever increased altitude on RTH."

I have a mini2 and an air 2S and they both can be set to increase altitude on RTH If I have set it RTH altitude to 400ft but am currently flying at 200, if I hit the RTH button it first goes up to 400 then comes home.

OK but not the point. No drone as ever increased altitude unless previously programmed to do that. Once again, RTFM.
2022-8-11
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 8-10 21:06
You are very very right. I do not understand the downvote unless the OP felt offended, No DJI drone in my mind ever increased altitude on RTH. It's in the manual for those able to read it. If you can't read English I  understand and suggest you read the alternate language manuals or ask for advice here as sensible.

I've helped many new people learn their drones... I always start the same way.. .
1.  Read the manual
2.  Read the manual again
3.  Go get a cup of coffee and read the manual again.
4.  Open the box and pull the drone out.  Set it on the table.  
5.  Read the manual again and look at the drone.  

I'm a weird one.  I actually read the manual.  I have copies of all the manuals I need saved on my phone with access all the time.  Drones, cameras, GPS units, Washer, Dryer, TV, computer, stereo....  anything that comes with a manual, I download and save on my phone.  
2022-8-19
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

i am reading the manual every day just after prayer, min. 15 minutes before getting sleep
2022-8-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It depends how you are setting RTH, if your craft and remote are not turned on when setting RTH then it will revert to default RTH. Settings only reset if you are fully powered up. Or as Sean said you’re within limited range.

Reading the manual is good advice but you will find that most of those regurgitating RTFM have probably read it over a long period of time or at least only understood after referring to it many times. Take your time and continue to use your manual as a reference when in doubt. But don’t forget why you bought the drone “fly it and enjoy it”
2022-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules