WARNING: THE DRONE MAY STOP AND STAY HOVERING
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VideoLife_FPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5295545 ft
Croatia

I recently flew in an enhanced warning flight zone and was informed that it is possible that the drone may stop and stay hover.
Considering that the drone was flying over the sea, I am interested in what would happen if the drone automatically stopped and stayed hover.
Does that mean it would fall into the sea after the battery runs out?
Just to note: I flew at a maximum height of 10-12 meters and did not fly over any objects. The video was taken in the city of Split, on the main promenade by the sea.

I flew responsibly, I did not perform acrobatics and the flight was done in N mode. (DJI FPV)

2022-8-8
Use props
LoudThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843950 ft
United States

This is a posting from another Web site where a member lost their drone after it got inside a geozone and could not get out and all the pilot could do was fly back and forth until the battery died…

DJI software bug surrounding authorised boundaries caused me to lose my drone to the sea

Hope it helps…

2022-8-8
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

it will start auto landing to the see when battery get critically low
2022-8-10
Use props
Sanyin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49734 ft
Sweden

It is like the geofencing zone has captured the drone. It should have prevented it from entering the zone in the first place.
A very naughty bug.
2022-9-2
Use props
VideoLife_FPV
Second Officer
Croatia

fateofangel Posted at 8-10 12:32
it will start auto landing to the see when battery get critically low

And what if it flies over a nuclear power plant and falls on some sensitive parts of the plant and causes a nuclear disaster, then who is responsible?
2022-9-3
Use props
VideoLife_FPV
Second Officer
Croatia

Sanyin Posted at 9-2 11:37
It is like the geofencing zone has captured the drone. It should have prevented it from entering the zone in the first place.
A very naughty bug.

Then it is more logical that the drone cannot enter that zone at all, or if it has already entered that zone, that the RTH is activated
2022-9-3
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

VideoLife_FPV Posted at 9-3 09:11
And what if it flies over a nuclear power plant and falls on some sensitive parts of the plant and causes a nuclear disaster, then who is responsible?

Drone operator is always responsible
2022-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules