Ronin performance in high speed/intensity situations
599 1 2022-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
victorperezpl
New

Spain

Hi community!

I'm currently using a Sony a7IV with a Ronin RSC2 and I'm focused on the sport-mountain-adventure filmmaking field. Recently, I've been filming with it from a motorbike, with a lot of high wind pressure and speed, and also several days from a boat filming a regatta. I've realized that, although the RSC2 is supposed to be able to hold my camera and even more weight, it sometimes struggles when filming in those situations, in certain positions or when using longer lenses like the 70-200 (although the weight was less than the maximum) appearing the ''unbalanced gimbal' message or vibrating horizontally when panning.

I've already played with different stiffness configurations and with the supersmooth mode.

I've previously used the Ronin S and Ronin M and I wonder if I could get a better performance out of the Ronin if I'd use a bigger version (RS2 or RS3 Pro) in those situations because of its stronger motors and load capability.

Thank you!

2022-8-8
Use props
Mr Hankey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3373212 ft
Thailand

Although I dont have advice as what to get next or a better option...I do agree, I shoot mostly extreme sports and find that it struggles a bit with shots at speed and sometimes with movements that gravity would effect the gimble a little(quick up and down movements). As with everything I guess you get what you pay for. Not complaining, its a great tool, but i think I should have gone bigger.
2022-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules