Lighting PCB Broken
719 6 2022-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
taliscope
New
United States

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone has any input or advice to fixing or replacing a PCB board for my front-right arm lights.
Drone is fully functional, except for the front right lights not working.

I attached a couple of photos, and the PCB board itself is snapped, though not completly.
The PCB is very easy to access, and once removed only requires an antenna & 2 light cables to be snapped in.

Based on the photos, is this fixable, or would I have to get a replacement?
Sending in for repairs is a bit expensive, and I'm able to find the whole front-right arm assembly on Ebay for less than half the price of sending it in.

Thoughts?

IMG_0856.jpg
IMG_0855.jpg
2022-8-8
Use props
taliscope
New
United States

Attempted to upload the images below but it wouldn't allow me.
Just showing the lighting difference.

2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-8-8
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

it is not expensive or particularly difficult to replace a landing pad. but i am not sure why the drone arm light does not work. my landing pad and its PCB were broken, but the arm light still worked.
2022-8-8
Use props
taliscope
New
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-8 19:27
Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

My warranty expired, and I also broke it myself.
2022-8-9
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

taliscope Posted at 8-9 07:48

You probably should just get the arm off of ebay.
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

taliscope Posted at 8-9 07:48

Thank you for keeping us posted and I apologize for what happened. You can still contact our team using the link above however, the repair cost will not be a free service and there might be a cost. You may click the link below to check for the possible repair cost for the unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
2022-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules