3339 7 2022-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa44d0a00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42589 ft
United States

Hi

I originally created this account in Europe. Now I moved to US and bought a new Drone (another FPV) and I'm about to update firmware and proceed to activation here in the US. Will my drone be activated in FCC mode? or do I need to change something in my account or recreate it?

Thanks
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI FPV supports 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz simultaneously. In areas that support both frequency bands, DJI FPV switches to the optimal frequency band and channel according to the signal conditions. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-8-8
Use props
fansa44d0a00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42589 ft
United States

Hey Paladin

FCC and CE mode are relative to the power used for transmission not the band used.

https://greyarro.ws/t/how-to-tell-if-you-are-in-ce-or-fcc-power-mode-using-go4/3315

As far as I know it s a setting that is forced to the drone upon activation and cannot be changed later.

Please advise
2022-8-8
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fansa44d0a00 Posted at 8-8 18:54
Hey Paladin

FCC and CE mode are relative to the power used for transmission not the band used.

I don't know about the "official" way but there are hacks increasing the power to FCC...
2022-8-8
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Depp Posted at 8-8 21:24
I don't know about the "official" way but there are hacks increasing the power to FCC...

You need to change the "are" to "were" DJI have closed these hacks on many product FW updates.
2022-8-19
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8336266 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

If I understand it correctly FCC \ CE mode is switching based on current GPS position.
Therefore as I'm still living in EU I need to force FCC but if I will fly in US it will switch automatically to FCC. As far I know there is no way to verify with FPV if it's using CE or FCC except use of external spectrometer and measure the power RX/TX signal.
On other DJI drones what I have I can see in Fly app graphically if it's switched to FCC / CE.

But IMHO you should be fine in US and automatically switched to FCC but that's only how I understand that. Therefore in past were used fake GPS to switch to FCC but only my opinion.
2022-8-20
Use props
MarcPelissier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4350712 ft
  • >>>
France

I'm interrested by the question when flying ouit of Europe .. Does it mean that flight location (via GPS coordinates) activate automatically FCC:EC mode .. is this only for FPV or works similarly for Mavic
Thanks
2022-11-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

MarcPelissier Posted at 11-15 12:42
I'm interrested by the question when flying ouit of Europe .. Does it mean that flight location (via GPS coordinates) activate automatically FCC:EC mode .. is this only for FPV or works similarly for Mavic
Thanks

Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. Please be advised that once the FPV and the DJI FPV Goggles V2 are connected to the DJI Fly App, the country and region will be determined according to the GPS of the mobile device and the network operator, and then switch between FCC, CE, and SRRC by local laws and regulations. And yes, it is similar to some Mavic drones. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules