Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Videolag - I found the ultimate solution?
1081 4 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

Hi guys,
I am one of those with a terrible video lagging on my (otherwise stunningly fantastic) Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4.
Now, 1.3.0 made things a little bit better. But yesterday I stumbled over something, that might explain a lot - including the workaround with downgrading the play-services.
The play-services are needed for YouTube and Maps and what is the connection between that and the DJ Pilot APP? Well: Maps of course, because if you fly, there is this little window that shows google maps. So the DJ Pilot App uses an API, that connects to maps. Google updated those APIs through the different versions of the play-services and I think that DJPilot still uses an old API, that generates a lot of CPU-load on ANY device. (Even apple users report problems with heat and lagging)
So, I simply tapped on the map to disable it and show the bearing of the drone instead - and Voila: The lagging was almost completely gone!!! No API to maps, no lagging.
I am hoping, that DJi will update the DJPilot App from scratch, so that the API will be as efficient as possible and that is hopefully the reason why they changed the name as well!
Just my 5 cents... can anyone confirm that "workaround"?
2015-8-5
Use props
TheCutter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94688 ft
Germany

This is one problem of the video lags!I also get them while using the SDK Demo App which has no Google Maps API integrated.

I think it's a combination of many things:
1. high bandwith of videostream
2. Software Decoding of the Videostream on Android
3. CPU's overheating
4. Google Play Services bug/problem
2015-8-6
Use props
dirk.liesenfeld
lvl.2

Germany

Ah, i see... damn, I thought I had found an easy solution ;-)
Let's hope DJi will find a clever way to fix it with the latest App...
2015-8-6
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

We know this workaround since a month. And yes - it works.

You just need to downgrade google play services to stock or disable it.
2015-8-6
Use props
Nemmo
lvl.2

Russia

See it tonight. Thanks
2015-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules