Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hand landing crash data analysis
1248 20 2022-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb97e1cd6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87267 ft
United States

So after the m3p decided to flyaway from my hand and crash in some vines,i read the flight data and it says it was landing and suddenly changed to detour mode  and crash,so i believe was the obstacle avoidance that kicked in somehow.
PXL_20220809_131757777.jpg
2022-8-9
Use props
fansb97e1cd6
lvl.1
United States

PXL_20220809_131757777.jpg
2022-8-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you would care to make the log public and post a link here then maybe someone will look at it for you and comment.
Ditto, alternatively download the "original" from airdata, upload that file to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and post the resulting URL here.

At a pure guess did you try to do a manual landing (throttle closed) with the obstacle avoidance switched on?
2022-8-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you'd like some help with data analysis and find an explanation for the incident, post a link for that Airdata report.
Make sure you've ticked the "share" box.
2022-8-9
Use props
jerialyz
New

United States

ttps://app.airdata.com/share/qPGsBx     cant post a url link,says not permision,cut the H to do so
2022-8-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jerialyz Posted at 8-9 06:10
ttps://app.airdata.com/share/qPGsBx     cant post a url link,says not permision,cut the H to do so

It looks like you were landing manually, bringing the drone down until it was just above your hand.
At 4:09.1 the drone made some extreme evasive moves, pitching 66° forward and rolling left.
In the last three lines of data, you pulled the right stick fully down to make the drone fly backwards, while pushing it to the right.

This looks like obstacle avoidance started things, but the incident was complicated by pulling the right stick hard.
2022-8-9
Use props
fansb97e1cd6
lvl.1
United States

My right hand was flat for landing,when it flew away  i pulled the right stick to stop it but it was already tangled in the vines. My hand From landing position to pulling the stick backwards  was fast but not enough to stop it.
2022-8-9
Use props
Goggles Pisano
First Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-9 06:41
It looks like you were landing manually, bringing the drone down until it was just above your hand.
At 4:09.1 the drone made some extreme evasive moves, pitching 66° forward and rolling left.
In the last three lines of data, you pulled the right stick fully down to make the drone fly backwards, while pushing it to the right.

Labroides,
Why would it fly into the vines if it had the OA on ?  Is that error on the part of the drone or the pilot ? Or can't you tell by the data?
2022-8-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gentle GPS = obstacle avoidance on, is that correct?

Are the obstacle detection distances recorded in the log? If so in which column?

jerialyz's  log on phantomhelp = https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/0XOZXT5NVBQSWIPEH8E6/

Are fansb97e1cd6 and jerialyz one and the same person?
To jerialyz having Obstacle Avoidance on during a manual landing is a dodgy thing to do, I speak from experience of my first flight with an M2P. I assume you can switch obstacle avoidance off but if not by an app option then switch the droneto sports mode for a manual landing but use small stick inputs.
2022-8-9
Use props
Goggles Pisano
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansb97e1cd6 Posted at 8-9 12:19
My right hand was flat for landing,when it flew away  i pulled the right stick to stop it but it was already tangled in the vines. My hand From landing position to pulling the stick backwards  was fast but not enough to stop it.

How close were the vines from where you were standing ?
2022-8-9
Use props
fansb97e1cd6
lvl.1
United States

Goggles Pisano Posted at 8-9 13:53
Labroides,
Why would it fly into the vines if it had the OA on ?  Is that error on the part of the drone or the pilot ? Or can't you tell by the data?
Thats what im trying to figure out.i was like 8feet from the vines. Was 1inch from my hand landing, speed up like a rocket and crashed.
2022-8-9
Use props
fansb97e1cd6
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-9 14:01
Gentle GPS = abstacle avoidance on, is that correct?

Are the obstacle detection distances recorded in the log? If so in which column?

Yes,same person,from laptop is jerialyz and from phone whatever dji named me
2022-8-9
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Goggles Pisano Posted at 8-9 13:53
Labroides,

Looking at the data, it rolled about 20% to the left, possibly just enough to face it away from the vines so the sensors didn't pick them up. There was also some Yaw input too at the time.

Just one wee thought, it's a bit radical but, the front and back sensors do not turn off once landing has initiated, do they?
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-8-9
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-9 14:01
Gentle GPS = abstacle avoidance on, is that correct?

Flight mode was in N Mode Bypass, i don't think it shows this on Phantomhelp, but It does look like Gentle is referring to the OA
2022-8-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers Bashy.
2022-8-10
Use props
fansb97e1cd6
lvl.1
United States

Just to update , this was dji response,"we have conducted data analysis for the flight accident you reported and it has been confirmed as a warranty case".  Now i dont feel like a dumb pilot
2022-8-15
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb97e1cd6 Posted at 8-15 17:43
Just to update , this was dji response,"we have conducted data analysis for the flight accident you reported and it has been confirmed as a warranty case".  Now i dont feel like a dumb pilot

Now that is what one would call a good "Blag", great result
2022-8-15
Use props
Goggles Pisano
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That is good news ...
2022-8-15
Use props
Lecep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 251115 ft
Canada

Sorry for the late question.  Did you have to send the drone or only the log files?
2022-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules