Realtime Waypoints?
592 3 2022-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snow-wizard
New

United States

Hello,
I am working with a DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise drone.  I have a server that sends GPS locations every n seconds.  These locations are unknown beforehand.  What mode of flight supports this pattern?  I understand that waypoints are "prebaked", ie. I have to know them before takeoff.  I was considering Follow Me, but this seems very specific to that use case and I can't see how to support gimbal adjustments, zoom, etc.  I also considered Timeline, but I am not sure if realtime events can be pushed to it.

I think this should be a simple use case, as in, fly to (x,y,z), wait, look around, fly to (u,v,w), wait, look around, etc... and I just want to tell the drone to go somewhere.  For this same project, I am working with a Parrot Anafi drone.  These receive events in real time and perform them when received.  Is this mode available?

Thanks,
Aaron
2022-8-9
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

You can upload new waypoints in flight. You only have to stop the mission and upload a new waypoint and start a new mission.Other option would be to use virtualstick.

2022-8-9
Use props
snow-wizard
New

United States

Mats Bohlinsson Posted at 8-9 13:11
You can upload new waypoints in flight. You only have to stop the mission and upload a new waypoint and start a new mission.Other option would be to use virtualstick.

Thank you Mats.  You are saying that in between waypoints, I can stop it, put in a new one (plus the rest) and then start again and that will be fine?
2022-8-9
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Norway

snow-wizard Posted at 8-9 13:40
Thank you Mats.  You are saying that in between waypoints, I can stop it, put in a new one (plus the rest) and then start again and that will be fine?

You have to end the mission. Upload a new one single WP. Start the new mission.

If you want to look around, you could use the gimbal and/or virtualstick.

2022-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules