DJI GO 4 - SAMSUNG S22 - VIDEO FEED IS CHOPPY
794 3 2022-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DTDTDT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309777 ft
United Kingdom

Latest DJI GO 4 app directly downloaded from the DJI store (V 4.3.50). App doesn't crash on open anymore, but the video feed is unusable. This is so bad that a flagship S22 phone cannot be used with the Mavic 2, which is a very expensive drone. The feed works properly using Litchi, so it is definitely something that can sorted via the DJI software. Please can you confirm this is being looked at as I am missing work because of this.

2022-8-9
Use props
Chushpajz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 824905 ft
Serbia

Just here to confirm that the same issue is happening with Pixel 6 Pro. Exactly the same. I've sent requested LOG folder to them on Twitter. However I'm not confident they'll fix it. It's been like this ever since android 12 came out.
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DTDTDT. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Samsung S22 ) that your are using on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S22 will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized for the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) . In addition support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_pQvjecZAdtio
New
Netherlands

Also here to confirm that the same issue occurs on my Pixel 6 and Mavic 2 Zoom while using DJI Go 4. Video feed stays greyed out, only to return (motion image in color) for 2 frames every other 10-20 seconds. When taking off image transmission is totally lost at 10 meters of distance. Drone flies well and controls are responsive though.

Meanwhile Litchi app shows perfect videofeed. On top of that I also flew with mavic air (1) with perfect videofeed in both apps. So this definitely seems to be an issue with DJI GO app in combination with mavic 2, not the drone it self or phone. Kind request to offer a solution
2023-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules