DJI Fly app says my mini-SD card is slow
12990 18 2022-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michael.saylor
lvl.1

United States

I've flown my Magic Air2 less than 10x.  I'm getting an error message on the Fly app that says that the miniSD card is slow.  What does that mean and what do I need to do about it?

Thanks.
2022-8-9
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

Buy original SanDisk Extreme, you can try to record on lowest quality / resolution and FPS for now
2022-8-9
Use props
michael.saylor
lvl.1

United States

fateofangel Posted at 8-9 11:48
Buy original SanDisk Extreme, you can try to record on lowest quality / resolution and FPS for now

The card is a SanDisk Ultra Plus.   I think it came with the Fly More package but I could be mistaken.  Is that an inadequate miniSD card in general or do I have a bad card?
2022-8-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ultra or Extreme, they need to have the A2 rating on them, and a U with a number 3 inside it.
2022-8-9
Use props
michael.saylor
lvl.1

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-9 12:30
Ultra or Extreme, they need to have the A2 rating on them, and a U with a number 3 inside it.

Mine says 128 GB @A1 micro V10  xC1

I have no idea what that means.  Is A2 faster than A1?
2022-8-9
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

The A number is the Application Class. This is the card's ability to accommodate an application keeping a file open on the card and reading to and writing from it. A1 has a speed of 1500 IOPS reading and 500 IOPS writing. A2 has a speed of 4000 IOPS reading and 2000 IOPS writing.

The U number is the UHS Speed Class. This is the card's ability to just store a file. U1 can reach speeds of around 104MB/s and a U3 can get up to about 312MB/s.

The V number is the Video Speed Class. This is the card's ability to stream video content for either reading or writing. V10 is 10MB/s and V30 is 30MB/s. There is also a V60 and V90.

That said, I have:
  • SanDisk Extreme PRO U3 A2 V30 256GB in my Air 2
  • SanDisk Extreme U3 A2 V30 128GB in my Mini 2 - This does 4k 60fps video without issue.
  • SanDisk ImageMate PRO U3 A2 V30 256GB in my Air 2s - This does 5.4k 30fps video without issue.
2022-8-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

michael.saylor@myactv.net Posted at 8-9 12:15
The card is a SanDisk Ultra Plus.   I think it came with the Fly More package but I could be mistaken.  Is that an inadequate miniSD card in general or do I have a bad card?

Your drone is telling you that it's too slow.
2022-8-9
Use props
michael.saylor
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 8-9 17:33
Your drone is telling you that it's too slow.

Long story short-get a new card, I guess.  It’s annoying because this is the card that came with the package.
2022-8-9
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

michael.saylor@myactv.net Posted at 8-9 18:58
Long story short-get a new card, I guess.  It’s annoying because this is the card that came with the package.

The ImageMate PRO cards are about half the price of the Extreme PRO cards and have just about the same performance.
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to use a recommended SD card and check if the issue persists? Kindly please refer to the image below for your reference. Thank you for your valued support.

2022-8-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

michael.saylor@myactv.net Posted at 8-9 13:49
Mine says 128 GB @A1 micro V10  xC1

I have no idea what that means.  Is A2 faster than A1?

Yes. If you refer to the reply in message 6  he gives a concise explanation of relative speeds.
Your card isn't fast enough.  The fastest ones are available online from the likes of Amazon in a 2 for 1 deal, quite inexpensively.  I got two for my Mini3Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom, and that solved the problem.
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_YRWyKzWsKkwM
New
Flight distance : 11289 ft
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2022-8-9 12:30
Ultra or Extreme, they need to have the A2 rating on them, and a U with a number 3 inside it.

hi i have same problem on mini 3 pro would you be able to send me a link for the propper memory card i need please. this is the memory card i have below. tia.
2023-5-14
Use props
ejholt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58415 ft
United States

I am getting this same error on a new DJI Mavic 3 Pro I picked up this week. I am using the following card: SanDisk 512GB Extreme Pro U3 A2 V30. I initially was trying to record 4K 60FPS, but it would stop recording in less than a minute. I tried dropping the recording to 4K 30FPS and then 4K 25 FPS and the issue continued. I swapped out the card for another new SanDisk 512GB Extreme Pro U3 A2 V30 and got the same issue. Thoughts / Suggestions? In addition, I noticed the drone is heating up, I assume normal as the battery gets hot. I know with Sony Point & Shoot Cameras, if recording in 4K will shut down after 5 mins, as not to overheat the camera. Do DJI drones have this same safety mechanism to stop recording? The other thing I noticed when recording last night, was once the drone stopped recording, I couldn't record again for several hours.
2023-7-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ejholt Posted at 7-4 11:47
I am getting this same error on a new DJI Mavic 3 Pro I picked up this week. I am using the following card: SanDisk 512GB Extreme Pro U3 A2 V30. I initially was trying to record 4K 60FPS, but it would stop recording in less than a minute. I tried dropping the recording to 4K 30FPS and then 4K 25 FPS and the issue continued. I swapped out the card for another new SanDisk 512GB Extreme Pro U3 A2 V30 and got the same issue. Thoughts / Suggestions? In addition, I noticed the drone is heating up, I assume normal as the battery gets hot. I know with Sony Point & Shoot Cameras, if recording in 4K will shut down after 5 mins, as not to overheat the camera. Do DJI drones have this same safety mechanism to stop recording? The other thing I noticed when recording last night, was once the drone stopped recording, I couldn't record again for several hours.

Hi, ejholt2. For any device with a microSD card inserted, please ensure that a microSD card with enough capacity in the recommended list has been used (refer to reply #6 made by DJI Paladin). Reinstalling the app may also help. About the drone heating up, normally this happens when the drone is on idle for a long time while recording. Flying actually helps the drone to dissipate the heat. Please do not hesitate to contact us here if you need further assistance. Thank you.
2023-7-7
Use props
djiuser_5NKwsN0sPZF9
New

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-8-9 20:12
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to use a recommended SD card and check if the issue persists? Kindly please refer to the image below for your reference. Thank you for your valued support.

[view_image]
I’m getting this warning message every time on my DJI Mini 3 Pro controller, though I haven’t yet encountered any problems recording stills or video. I’m using a new SanDisk Extreme PRO 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC, which is apparently capable of up to 200MB/s, so it ought to be fast enough. The PRO 64GB card is on your recommended list but the PRO 128GB isn’t. Is that intentional?
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_5NKwsN0sPZF9 Posted at 7-31 09:49
I’m getting this warning message every time on my DJI Mini 3 Pro controller, though I haven’t yet encountered any problems recording stills or video. I’m using a new SanDisk Extreme PRO 128GB V30 A2 microSDXC, which is apparently capable of up to 200MB/s, so it ought to be fast enough. The PRO 64GB card is on your recommended list but the PRO 128GB isn’t. Is that intentional?

Thank you for your response. We acknowledge that you are using the SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB without any issues however, the SD card is not listed on our recommended list. Please note that the list consists of SD cards that have already been tested on our facility without any issues. If you didn't experience any issues with your SD Card even if it is not listed on our recommended list, feel free to use it. We will also coordinate this feedback of yours to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-3
Use props
djiuser_HbBnGatFie0Z
New

United States

ejholt Posted at 7-4 11:47
I am getting this same error on a new DJI Mavic 3 Pro I picked up this week. I am using the following card: SanDisk 512GB Extreme Pro U3 A2 V30. I initially was trying to record 4K 60FPS, but it would stop recording in less than a minute. I tried dropping the recording to 4K 30FPS and then 4K 25 FPS and the issue continued. I swapped out the card for another new SanDisk 512GB Extreme Pro U3 A2 V30 and got the same issue. Thoughts / Suggestions? In addition, I noticed the drone is heating up, I assume normal as the battery gets hot. I know with Sony Point & Shoot Cameras, if recording in 4K will shut down after 5 mins, as not to overheat the camera. Do DJI drones have this same safety mechanism to stop recording? The other thing I noticed when recording last night, was once the drone stopped recording, I couldn't record again for several hours.

I'm getting this same issue on two brand new (straight out of the packaging) SanDisk 256Gb Extreme Pro U3 A2 V30 cards. Until now I have been using a SanDisk 128Gb Extreme Pro without the issue being discussed in this forum, although it was originally formatted for a GoPro and occasionally produces video files in a format not supported by anything other than VLC.
From what I have been reading, it seems like the SanDisk Extreme Pro cards larger than 128Gb give this slow speed issue.
2023-10-1
Use props
panzer68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7677740 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im getting the same alert on my Mavic 3, only whilst using Hyperlapse though. It was a 125 frame shot, using a Sandisk extreme 128gb in the list above.
2023-12-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

panzer68 Posted at 12-23 09:01
Im getting the same alert on my Mavic 3, only whilst using Hyperlapse though. It was a 125 frame shot, using a Sandisk extreme 128gb in the list above.

Hi there. The SD card writing speed is related to the current number of files stored on the SD card and how it is used by the user. If the number of files is large, the writing speed will generally be slow. If the user, for example, occasionally deletes the files on the SD card this will lead to more file system fragmentation on the SD card, causing the SD card write speed to slow down. If the SD card writing speed is slow due to too much file fragmentation, please try using a computer to format it. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules