GO 4 Not Working with Samsung Tab A7
1339 4 2022-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicJeff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 571896 ft
Canada

The GO4 App only works for a very few devices.  Is there a workaround to get the GO4 App to work with other devices, like my Samsung Tab A7?
I've been happily flying my DJI Mavic Pro since 2017.
I've used the DJI Go2 App for this purpose since 2017, but last week the Go2 App suddenly stopped working, and the only App that I was guided to was the new Go4 App.
However, the Go4 App only works with a very few devices - and I don't own any of those specific devices.
So now I can't use my drone.
Am I the only one experiencing this issue?
Is there a workaround that I can use?
Please suggest how I might fly again.
Thanks.

dji mavic pro GO4 devices.png
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The DJI Mavic Pro only works with DJI Go 4 app. In addition, we strongly recommend to use a compatible device to avoid any issues when using the unit and the app. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-9
Use props
Sebeauvoir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4872966 ft
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-9 20:00
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The DJI Mavic Pro only works with DJI Go 4 app. In addition, we strongly recommend to use a compatible device to avoid any issues when using the unit and the app. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi, this is a joke? All recommended phones are from 2018 or before, so impossible to find on the market today. The app was working fine on all Android devices until a few days ago and then nothing. What's going on?
2022-8-11
Use props
Albedo_cz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 312992 ft
Czechia

I was in the hospital for 2 weeks. I come home, want to fly my Phatnom 4, and DJI GO 4 shuts down immediately after launch. Why the hell? My phone is Samsung Note 20. It was working normally 14 days ago. The same thing happened with DJI Fly, I downloaded some modified non-public version from the link in the PM and it works, but it doesn't support my drone. :/
2022-8-11
Use props
MavicJeff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 571896 ft
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-9 20:00
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. The DJI Mavic Pro only works with DJI Go 4 app. In addition, we strongly recommend to use a compatible device to avoid any issues when using the unit and the app. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I will be polite, but your reply is extremely unhelpful.
I used the GO2 app since 2017, and it worked well.
I have devices that have worked with my Mavic Pro just fine for years.
DJI made the GO2 app obsolete.
DJI now tells me that the app I need to use, the GO4 app, needs a "supported device" to work, and that means I have to buy a new device.
I have a better suggestion: DJI should create an app that works at least as well as the GO2 app, AND ensure it works with lots of devices... Like the ones I already own.
2022-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules