Battery discharge while non-used
1446 7 2022-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
v01d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1047100 ft
Australia

Got my combo kit only recently, the battaries had only 1, 2 cycles.

What I notice is that, after about 3 to 5 days, after charging, I read 10 to 20 % less that full charge - that is about 80% when I plug it in & drone is online.
This is quite high, and , I'm not sure if the batteries still need "training", or is this new "feature" of these new batts.

I most certainly did Not observe such discharge on my old Mavic Pro, they could be just on the shelf for weeks, and discharge was quite low.

Anyone else has experienced this?
2022-8-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you read the manual for your drone?

If you check page 27 you'd find this:
2. Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during  the discharging process

I most certainly did Not observe such discharge on my old Mavic Pro, they could be just on the shelf for weeks, and discharge was quite low.
Your old mavic had a similar feature, but with some differences.
2. Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to below 65% of total power when it is idle for more than ten days.
It takes around two days to discharge the battery to 65%.
It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharge process.
Discharge thresholds can be set in the DJI GO 4 app.

2022-8-9
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Australia

Labroides Posted at 8-9 19:54
Have you read the manual for your drone?

If you check page 27 you'd find this:

LOL

Clearly not.   I never knew it would discharge that much by the built-in feature.

Thanks , i feel much better now that they not faulty
2022-8-9
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

That is the intelligence of this batteries
2022-8-10
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Australia

fateofangel Posted at 8-10 00:57
That is the intelligence of this batteries

Yea, they got much smarter.

Now i'm pondering how often should I charge them just in case....   (damn I'm lazy to go to the manual., but I will !)
2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there v01d. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. As posted above the DJI Air 2S has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... delines_v1.0_eu.pdf

2022-8-10
Use props
Jim_H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 787152 ft
Malaysia

This is part of the system in place to protect the batteries when not in use. It's perfectly fine, just that must always remind yourself to charge the batteries up before using it.
2022-8-11
Use props
Techville
New

United Kingdom

v01d Posted at 8-10 16:56
Yea, they got much smarter.

Now i'm pondering how often should I charge them just in case....   (damn I'm lazy to go to the manual., but I will !)

Just charge when you know you'll be using them. If you plan your flights, it will be easier for you to know when to charge.
2022-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules