Disconnects / comm loss RC to drone
802 5 2022-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
v01d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1047100 ft
Australia

Would like to expand on someone else's thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 2&page=1#pid2818756

I'm coming off Mavic Pro (old drone) experience, and now in Air 2s, I have now twice seen /experienced this:  abrubtly looses comm with the drone, with no reconnection or reconnection when in much closer range after RTH kicked in & in progress.

The old Mavic gave quite a time before this happens by warning very well in advance that the comm link / connection is poor, re-align the antennas, etc..  This drone, this morning it just went as in this scneario: you flying Normally, next thing the feed goes blank first No warnings, and Then you get comm lost.  Lost, with no temproral or gradual degradation like good old Mavic I had , which first usually caused degradation of live feed, then warnings, and then if ignored comms lost.

I have the wireless link band in auto I belive, I'm not sure if I better force it to 2.4GHz rather for range, but I was in a very vast & un-absracted area tbh, and the link got restored back with drone in clear LOS and apporx 1-1.5 k.   It got lost at about 3-3.5 I think, which are all I think, well within 2.4GHz clear LOS range ..?

I have also experienced this in much lesser total distance, of upto 1.5-to 2km .

Anyone else found the same?
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if this issue happens in different locations? In addition, did the drone experience a hard landing before? Kindly please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and kindly please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-8-9
Use props
v01d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1047100 ft
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-9 21:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if this issue happens in different locations? In addition, did the drone experience a hard landing before? Kindly please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software using the link below and kindly please update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Hey Thanks for replying.

1. This is for all intent & purposes, a brand new drone out of the shop I picked up,  ~3 short flights bofore that, 1 long flight as reported in this post.
The drone never dropped at at the time of writing,  never hit anything, never Even touched a tree branch or anything while flying.

2. No, havent' tried other areas for  long flight.   I will then.

I just hope it still returns if the comms die
2022-8-10
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

A few thoughts: What kind of signal strength is showing on the "antenna" graph/indicator in the display? That will usually either show any reduced signal (smaller graph) and follow up with yellow then red color of that graph/icon. If it is starting out with less than a full strength meter or if that meter goes red right away, that is considered a earlier indicator of signal than any warnings that pop-up. Non FCC areas have a s---t signal to begin with (less power) so anything that will affect/interfere with the signal will be amplified.
2022-8-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

v01d Posted at 8-10 16:54
Hey Thanks for replying.

1. This is for all intent & purposes, a brand new drone out of the shop I picked up,  ~3 short flights bofore that, 1 long flight as reported in this post.

Please let us know after you perform the test in a different location. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-15
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

so what range do you expect?
2022-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules