how to set the speed of a drone with dji sdk mobile?
775 3 2022-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_kgRi1dZDMfJ8
lvl.1

France

I am currently trying to create an app' that would set the speed of a drone at 1.8m/s so I wouldn't have to gauge the remote controler while the drone is flying (wether on a remote controler or on an app', it is not important as long as it works). I use DJI Mobile SDK 4.16 for my drones DJI M210 V2 or DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced. I'm not the best at developing apps unfortunatly and I don't really know this SDK.

I have tried to find some functions in the DJI Mobile SDK that would manage the drone's speed but they seem to be nowhere to be found. I may have found some functions to automate the missions with waypoints, or functions that get the engine's status but I did not find (or see), ... But no functions that would do what I'm looking for. I see the same problem within the offical documentation where I think any of the functions displayed there are for API, and I don't find many descriptions.

This project does not seem that complicated to code though.
Do you have any ideas of where such functions could be, or any tutorials, projects or sample codes that would help me ?
Thank you

2022-8-10
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Two options.

Hackey one would be to change the max speed parameters (g_config_mode_normal_cfg_tilt_atti_range). Can only be set in integers I think.

Otherwise you need to implement with virtualstick, and read out the rc-sticks in software, command drone movements with the desired max speed. Resolution 1/10 m/s
I've done that, an flightmode I call cruisecontrol where the drone keeps the same speed, and you only control the yaw. A very nice cinematic touch, if used together with gimbal free mode.
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_kgRi1dZDMfJ8
lvl.1

France

Do you know where is this  (g_config_mode_normal_cfg_tilt_atti_range) located within the SDK ? Also, does such an app' that would work in parrallel with DJI Pilot? Otherwise I would have to modify a DJI Pilot APK I think.  

You said you've arleady done that before, if you have any sample codes or a github project, I would be glad to see it so I could understand better.
Thank you for your answer.
2022-8-11
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Norway

djiuser_kgRi1dZDMfJ8 Posted at 8-11 00:13
Do you know where is this  (g_config_mode_normal_cfg_tilt_atti_range) located within the SDK ? Also, does such an app' that would work in parrallel with DJI Pilot? Otherwise I would have to modify a DJI Pilot APK I think.  

You said you've arleady done that before, if you have any sample codes or a github project, I would be glad to see it so I could understand better.

>Do you know where is this  (g_config_mode_normal_cfg_tilt_atti_range) located within the SDK ?
Its not in the documented sdk. Its a parameter hack.

>You said you've arleady done that before, if you have any sample codes or a github project, I would be glad to see it so I could understand better.
It's not available public.
2022-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules