video without nd filter on a bright sunny day
1775 21 2015-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

just did a quick edit and threw some shots that i did today. really cant wait to get the filters i ordered. or i could ve just changed the shutter speed., eh too lazy. max 24
video shot at 4k max res @24 f/s

http://youtu.be/AhjnG2mAvJo

btw i watched it on big screen 1080p tv, now i realize watching these videos on laptop or tablets is a crime, i am not saying my video is good, in fact its very crappy, im just saying 4k should be watched on displays capable of that res to see the wow effect of 4k, or 1080p for that matter also.

be happy

2015-8-5
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

0.44-0.51 cool shoot
2015-8-5
Use props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

nice 2:32 is great even if the shadows are strobing due to the shutter
2015-8-6
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Nice.

Must have been slightly tricky flying in the breeze under the trees, presumably in ATTI.
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

msjh Posted at 2015-8-6 17:22
Nice.

Must have been slightly tricky flying in the breeze under the trees, presumably in ATTI.

Thx. Yes, most of the under trees or the dam shot at beginning was atti
2015-8-6
Use props
tk2004hm
lvl.2

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-6 21:44

rayrokni did you do any color editing or any other editing to your video, I have the snake river graduated nd filter for both my p3p and inspire 1 they work great for blue sky shots
2015-8-6
Use props
itsakirkbeat
lvl.2

United States

Man you're getn real brave with it in some of those shots.  
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

I started color correction at the end of video as I'm sure u can tell, but got bored and left it.
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

itsakirkbeat Posted at 2015-8-6 23:11
Man you're getn real brave with it in some of those shots.

Did u note on the bridge, I was dodging cars and the p3 trying to take my head off
2015-8-6
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-6 21:44

I have done some shots like  this and is why I was so disappointed when VPS went on the brink for me. If you stay low enough it controls drift so nicely. Nice job Ray!!

I lose sats in and out in my front yard........ It's hard to tell with VPS on.

2015-8-6
Use props
jaapotto
lvl.2

Netherlands

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-6 23:15
Did u note on the bridge, I was dodging cars and the p3 trying to take my head off

Made me laugh that. You looked so focussed on the remote screen and making the shot, that you realised just in time the not moving person in front of your drone was actually you.
2015-8-6
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Great video and nice skill at 2:16, man I can't wait to come and do my videos there next week!
2015-8-6
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Also patience is the key with editing and correcting don't rush a product out like Dji did lol
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-7 01:33
Also patience is the key with editing and correcting don't rush a product out like Dji did lol

Patience, my ass I'm gonna eat somebody, as one vulture said to anther!
I ll send u the videos and u can edit them! Lol
Thx
2015-8-6
Use props
challenger451
lvl.2

United States

I like the way that you like to "thread the needle" with your flight path.  It's risky, but has a great payoff with the video experience.  I've done  a some of that and had some close calls.  I'm always flying in tight places with my heart in my throat.  
It's hard to get a smooth shot because there is a fair amount of flight correction in tight places.  The narrow path gives more of an exhilarating experience watching the video.  The flight gives more a real time experience.
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

challenger451@c Posted at 2015-8-7 03:05
I like the way that you like to "thread the needle" with your flight path.  It's risky, but has a gr ...

i agree, wheres the excitement if not thinking "oh, S**T gonna have to fork out another 1300 bucks again"
i m going back to same spot and this time im gonna choose an overcast day and gonna fly that thing from the woods thru under the bridge and up the wall of the dam in one smooth flight. I just couldnt see my screen that day, it was way too bright and the shade wasnt helping much!!
thx and have fun
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-6 23:49
I have done some shots like  this and is why I was so disappointed when VPS went on the brink for m ...

Hey Jim
watch this video it may come useful in your garden!!

2015-8-6
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-7 08:40
Hey Jim
watch this video it may come useful in your garden!!

$1400 leaf blower!!!! LOL! That's great!
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-8-7 09:26
$1400 leaf blower!!!! LOL! That's great!

more like 3000 if you count the one i broke the camera on the 1st week i got it.
2015-8-6
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.3

United States

1:24 motion seems to be stuttered on the edge
2015-8-7
Use props
QaaUz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240161 ft
Denmark

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-6 17:14
I started color correction at the end of video as I'm sure u can tell, but got bored and left it.

Aah, that'll be the pink around 4m.
No TV og 4k monitor. Believe you about the quality difference. In the woods, where there is close proximity to leaves, there is a marked lack of detail. Is this different with a suitable monitor?
I wonder about these filters. Will be helpful to understand if, in lower light/cloud + northern latitudes, prolongued dawn/dusk, a filter could help. The cam seems not to register much as soon as the dusk begins to mature to pleasing tones.
Nice flying in the film and some lovely river forest area.
Best wishes - safe flight n returns.
2015-9-6
Use props
QaaUz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240161 ft
Denmark

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-6 17:14

Aah, that'll be the pink around 4m.
No TV og 4k monitor. Believe you about the quality difference. In the woods, where there is close proximity to leaves, there is a marked lack of detail. Is this different with a suitable monitor?
I wonder about these filters. Will be helpful to understand if, in lower light/cloud + northern latitudes, prolongued dawn/dusk, a filter could help. The cam seems not to register much as soon as the dusk begins to mature to pleasing tones.
Nice flying in the film and some lovely river forest area.
Best wishes - safe flight n returns.
2015-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules