DJI Mini 2 Camera freezing Samsung A53
7357 22 2022-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cor_1950
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148064 ft
Netherlands

I do wonder why I have problems with my Mini 2 on a new Samsung A53 phone.
Camera works fine only on a lower fps than 25. But freezes on 25 and 30 fps.
This is a most popular phone at the moment but seems to be a problem for DJI's fly app. Tried several app versions but nothing works.
I saw a lot of comments regarding Samsung phones but not over an A53.
Anyone same problem? Any solution?

2022-8-10
Use props
Cor_1950
lvl.2
Netherlands

Another problem pops up. After a few times uninstall and reinstall the fly app version 1.6.9 won't work any longer. App contains a bug regarding my phone.
Today (thursday)reset my phone to factory settings, installed DJI fly app afterwards and it works but still having problems with the live video recording meaning 4K 30 fps on a flight session. Still freezing.
2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Cor_1950. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Samsung A53 ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung A53 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition, kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.
2022-8-10
Use props
Cor_1950
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-10 21:07
Hello there Cor_1950. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Samsung A53 ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung A53 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition, kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

Hello,
Thanks for your reply but this answer is more the same as I have seen DJI’s reference to compatibilty of phones on this forum.
Kind of sweetener to a lot users of DJI products. DJI should act more quickly on the market. Android introduced version 12 and it took a long time to solved most of the problems but it’s still ongoing as I have a Samsung A53. People buy not a phone for a drone but just for work or fun.
Retailers should put a note on DJI’s equipment that there could be a problem with using their phone. Recomendation should be check phone compatibilty first and all the comments on the internet and DJI forum before you buy this (Mini 2) or another drone.
2022-8-11
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174915 ft
Pakistan

Cor_1950 Posted at 8-11 00:32
Hello,
Thanks for your reply but this answer is more the same as I have seen DJI’s reference to compatibilty of phones on this forum.
Kind of sweetener to a lot users of DJI products. DJI should act more quickly on the market. Android introduced version 12 and it took a long time to solved most of the problems but it’s still ongoing as I have a Samsung A53. People buy not a phone for a drone but just for work or fun.

I also have the Galaxy A53 but it works with 4K 24fps, and 4K 30fps freezes. I believe that DJI will not be able to make the app compatible with android 13 as it's almost released.
2022-8-11
Use props
Cor_1950
lvl.2
Netherlands

BlueMechYT Posted at 8-11 03:03
I also have the Galaxy A53 but it works with 4K 24fps, and 4K 30fps freezes. I believe that DJI will not be able to make the app compatible with android 13 as it's almost released.
Today installed two recommended on youtube new releases version 1.6.12 and later on 1.6.10 for several problems with android 12. Seems that release 1.6.12 not worked as expected.
DJI released today 1.6.10.
Tried both releases on my Samsung A53 but as far I've seen no improvement on Mini's 2 camera. Still freezing recording on 4K 30fps and 25fps. In general I'm very worried that the problems we have with our Samsung A53 cannot be solved even as Android 13 is coming soon. More trouble coming? Only one person put a respond on my post. Expected more from Samsung A53 owners. If you have the same problem please put your comment on this post. We have to make DJI more aware of our problem. Thank you.
2022-8-12
Use props
Cor_1950
lvl.2
Netherlands

Might be a good idea to upgrade the DJI RC-RM330 Smart Remote Controller using OcuSinc 3.0 to OcuSinc 2.0. Controller cost about 300,- euro's at the moment and have a brightness of 700nits, more than most phones have. This will overcome most of the problems with the Fly App specifically for the Mini 2, Mini 3 owners have this option allready because it runs on OcuSinc 3.0. The more expensive one who's operating on OcuSinc 2.0 and 3.0 aswell cost about 1000,- have 1000nits, but come on the price is way out of my league. As far as I know this controller isn't produced any longer by DJI. So make the DJI RC-RM330 Smart RC a bit cheaper than 300,- and make it work on OcuSinc 2.0!
2022-8-15
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

Cor_1950 Posted at 8-12 13:51
Today installed two recommended on youtube new releases version 1.6.12 and later on 1.6.10 for several problems with android 12. Seems that release 1.6.12 not worked as expected.
Tried both releases on my Samsung A53 but as far I've seen no improvement on Mini's 2 camera. Still freezing recording on 4K 30fps and 25fps. In general I'm very worried that the problems we have with our Samsung A53 cannot be solved even as Android 13 is coming soon. More trouble coming? Only one person put a respond on my post. Expected more from Samsung A53 owners. If you have the same problem please put your comment on this post. We have to make DJI more aware of our problem. Thank you.

The DJI Fly app v1.6.10 works fine on my S22 Ultra but the problem still occurs on my A53. And Litchi works perfectly on my a53.
2022-8-16
Use props
Cor_1950
lvl.2
Netherlands

Good to know. Hopefully DJI can solve the problem with the app on our A53 aswell.
2022-8-16
Use props
Cor_1950
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-10 21:07
Hello there Cor_1950. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Samsung A53 ) that you are using on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung A53 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). In addition, kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

Today upgrade the Fly app to v1.6.12 on my Samsung A53.
For some of phone owners shall this be a great relief, but still for Samsung A53 owners a big disappointment. We are several updates further now but still no solution for freezing video recording on 4K 30 fps and 25 fps on a Mini  2 camera.
Seems to be a big problem for DJI technician and a long process if you asked me.
Maybe DJI can ask Litchi because they seems to have solved this problem already.
2022-8-17
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

Cor_1950 Posted at 8-16 12:20
Good to know. Hopefully DJI can solve the problem with the app on our A53 aswell.

I hope so!
2022-8-22
Use props
Cor_1950
lvl.2
Netherlands

BlueMechYT Posted at 8-22 07:53
I hope so!
Another fly app update today (aug 25) v1.7.0.
Our problems with the app on a Samsung A53 still ongoing. Seems easier to develop software for a new drone than solve earlier problems.
Making money is DJI main goal, they dont care about aftersales.

2022-8-25
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

Cor_1950 Posted at 8-25 10:07
Another fly app update today (aug 25) v1.7.0.
Our problems with the app on a Samsung A53 still ongoing. Seems easier to develop software for a new drone than solve earlier problems.
Making money is DJI main goal, they dont care about aftersales.

Mann...  now I cant even use DJI fly to fly my drone! I have to use Litchi!

Even Rainbow has this this problem.
2022-8-27
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

"open sans"
2022-8-27
Use props
djiuser_M4FFpTpPAFH1
New

Indonesia

Apakah Samsung A33 dapat digunakan untuk DJI mini 2?
2022-12-17
Use props
DrPangloss
New

Belgium

Are the problems with DJI Mini 2 using DJI Fly on Samsung A53 solved now (v1.9.1), or still ongoing?  @Cor_1950 @BlueMechYT
2023-1-31
Use props
Cor_1950
lvl.2
Netherlands

DrPangloss Posted at 1-31 03:36
Are the problems with DJI Mini 2 using DJI Fly on Samsung A53 solved now (v1.9.1), or still ongoing?  @Cor_1950 @BlueMechYT

Great news. Half an hour ago tried the new version Fly app v1.9.1 succesfull on my Samsung A53. The live freezing problem recording with 4 K on 30 fps seems to be solved.

Cor
2023-1-31
Use props
DrPangloss
New

Belgium

Thanks very much for testing and your swift reply!
2023-1-31
Use props
djiuser_aLcbhsmBN3NF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316394 ft
Germany

Hello, does the DJI FLY APP also work on the Samsung A53 5G?
Best regards.
2023-2-4
Use props
Cor_1950
lvl.2
Netherlands

djiuser_aLcbhsmBN3NF Posted at 2-4 15:09
Hello, does the DJI FLY APP also work on the Samsung A53 5G?
Best regards.

Yep. My Samsung A53 phone works with the fly app also on 5G
2023-2-4
Use props
djiuser_aLcbhsmBN3NF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316394 ft
Germany

@Cor_1950
Good morning.
And thank you for the information.
Best regards.
2023-2-5
Use props
fazer600
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just updated my Samsung A53-5G to Android 13, and, the DJI Fly App to the latest App version (V 1.9.4) and all appears to be working with the 4K 30FPS settings.
Before the updates the transmission from the drone set at 4k 30FPS would freeze, although the drone still filmed OK, but you would be flying blind with a frozen screen.
I have been thinking about upgrading to the Mini 3 Pro, but held back because it seemed to me that once a new drone was released DJI invested all their efforts into the new model and the previous version of the drone (Mini 2) was no longer a priority for them and feared that would be the case for the Min i3 Pro when the next model mini is released.
well done for those on here that put pressure on DJI to sort this issue out, well done DJI for fixing this issue.
Love my Mini 2 again, it now does all that I want from an under 250g drone, although the Mini 3 Pro is attractive and would I go through this dilemma again when the next model is produced, or should I be happy with my Mini 2.    

2023-2-21
Use props
Falli
New

Australia

Cor_1950 Posted at 2022-8-12 13:51
Today installed two recommended on youtube new releases version 1.6.12 and later on 1.6.10 for several problems with android 12. Seems that release 1.6.12 not worked as expected.
Tried both releases on my Samsung A53 but as far I've seen no improvement on Mini's 2 camera. Still freezing recording on 4K 30fps and 25fps. In general I'm very worried that the problems we have with our Samsung A53 cannot be solved even as Android 13 is coming soon. More trouble coming? Only one person put a respond on my post. Expected more from Samsung A53 owners. If you have the same problem please put your comment on this post. We have to make DJI more aware of our problem. Thank you.

I do have also issues with a Samsung A53 and the DJI Mini 2 drone...it is really anoying as the drone should not depend on the phone a person has or not.
2023-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules