drifting uncontrolled movement?
2531 8 2022-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NCAI USA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50935 ft
United States

In the past two days I've experienced uncommanded movement just after takeoff with my Mavic Air 2.

Three times I've noticed the drone wander away from the launch point with no input from the controls.

The last time just after takeoff the drone started moving in the direction of an obstacle so I attempted to avoid a collision with a little controller input. I either made it worse or disaster was unavoidable? Next thing I know the drone is coming directly at me so I jumped out of the way and it crashed into the side of my house.

No serious damage to the drone but all four props are nicked and unsuitable for flight.

I rebooted everything and replaced the props and it seemed to be ok but have concerns about another unexpected incident.

Have it scheduled to be sent in to be looked at but hate to lose it for ten days of so while it's being repaired.

Sounds like a compass issue?
Not sure whey dji couldn't do some diagnostics with the log file of something rather than having to send it in?

Anybody else have the drone get squirrely immediately after takeoff?
2022-8-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not necessarily .. but it's hard to tell much from your very brief description and not seeing any data.

Not sure whey dji couldn't do some diagnostics with the log file of something rather than having to send it in?
Post your data and perhaps it will have some clues.
Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.
That will give a report you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
2022-8-10
Use props
NCAI USA
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-10 05:47
Not necessarily .. but it's hard to tell much from your very brief description and not seeing any data.

Where can I find the .txt file? I have an Air 2.
2022-8-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

NCAI USA Posted at 8-10 05:50
Where can I find the .txt file? I have an Air 2.

On your phone or tablet.
The instructions in the link I posted tell where.
2022-8-10
Use props
NCAI USA
lvl.1
United States

This may shine some light on things. I'm just now learning how to find and read logs.

Ambient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable. Fly with caution (Code: 180037).; FNo GPS signal. Aircraft unable to hover. Fly with caution (Code: 30008).
0m 0.1s        Starting Motors        8satellites        0ft        N/A        0mph        0ft        57%        11.668V        0V        0V        0V        0V        Ambient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable. Fly with caution (Code: 180037).; AGPS signal weak. Hovering unstable. Fly with caution (Code: 30002).; No GPS. Fly with caution.
0m 0.4s        Starting Motors        8satellites        0ft        N/A        0mph        0ft        57%        11.621V        3.87V        3.87V        3.87V        0V        Data Recorder File Index is 84.
0m 1.5s        Auto Takeoff        8satellites        0ft        N/A        0mph        0ft        57%        11.553V        3.86V        3.85V        3.85V        0.011V       

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8RGXRK23P3O7QANUBZBM
2022-8-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Insufficient GPS satellites to establish the drone's position and "ambient light too low" mean the drone is in ATTI mode with no automated position control whatsoever so it's blown about by any wind.
2022-8-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

NCAI USA Posted at 8-10 07:56
This may shine some light on things. I'm just now learning how to find and read logs.

It's a good idea to wait for the drone to pick up GPS properly and record a home point before launching.
That will ensure that you have horizontal position holding and steady flight and hovering.
Watch the little satellite symbol in the top right of your screen and wait for it to change from red, to yellow and then to white, which indicates full GPS.
2022-8-10
Use props
NCAI USA
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-10 08:39
It's a good idea to wait for the drone to pick up GPS properly and record a home point before launching.
That will ensure that you have horizontal position holding and steady flight and hovering.
Watch the little satellite symbol in the top right of your screen and wait for it to change from red, to yellow and then to white, which indicates full GPS.

Good advice! I falsely assumed the "Ready for takeoff" was a thumbs up.
2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there NCAI USA. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue with your DJI Mavic Air 2 and this unwanted event happened. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules