Crash and DJI Care Refresh Question
678 8 2022-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AJ015
lvl.2
Canada

I have the 2yr Care Refresh plan and I'm in the process of returning the drone throught Care Express after a crash (broken gimbal) but I can't get an answer to whether I need to send the RC back as well. Online chat said yes but the Authorized Dealer where I purcased it said no, just the drone.

The printed label that I was sent gives a weight of 1kg (2lbs) so I'm confused on what to do. If I don't send the RC with the drone will the new drone bind to it?
If anyone else have had experience with Care Refresh, what was your process?
2022-8-10
Use props
AJ015
lvl.2
Canada

My concern is:
1. If I send back the RC with the drone in the original package and they send me just the drone, I won't have a controller?
2. If I send back just the drone, will the new drone bind with the original controller?
2022-8-10
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

i sent back a mini 2 in last 10 days in uk.  i took props off, battery and sd card and gimble cover.  i received back a nicely boxed mini 2 with props on and gimble cover
2022-8-10
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

AJ015 Posted at 8-10 10:30
My concern is:
1. If I send back the RC with the drone in the original package and they send me just the drone, I won't have a controller?
2. If I send back just the drone, will the new drone bind with the original controller?

you don't need to send controller.  you rebind the controller to the new flight controller on the drone.  if you have care refresh it carries on under the new flight controller sn
2022-8-10
Use props
AJ015
lvl.2
Canada

chillibadger Posted at 8-10 10:44
you don't need to send controller.  you rebind the controller to the new flight controller on the drone.  if you have care refresh it carries on under the new flight controller sn

Thanks chillibadger.
2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

AJ015 Posted at 8-10 10:30
My concern is:

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
If your RC is no problem, you don't need to send us your RC, please don't worry.
And after your get your new drone, you just need to re-link them again.

2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. Kindly please refer to the statement below.

1. If I send back the RC with the drone in the original package and they send me just the drone, I won't have a controller.    You don't need to send the RC with us if it doesn't have any issues or if you are not having a hard time with it, keep it and store it in a safe place while waiting for your unit to be replaced via DJI Care refresh.

2. If I send back just the drone, will the new drone bind with the original controller?     You can simply re-link the new aircraft to the controller once you received it from us. Update the firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 for both aircraft and RC if necessary.

Kindly please refer to the tutorial link below on how to properly link the aircraft to the RC (start at 6:55). Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-10
Use props
AJ015
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-10 18:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. Kindly please refer to the statement below.

1. If I send back the RC with the drone in the original package and they send me just the drone, I won't have a controller.    You don't need to send the RC with us if it doesn't have any issues or if you are not having a hard time with it, keep it and store it in a safe place while waiting for your unit to be replaced via DJI Care refresh.

Thanks DJI Paladin and DJI Natalia! It is the Mini 3 Pro with RC.  I was getting mixed messages on what I need to send back and had originally packed the whole kit but re-packed it with just the drone and battery. The RC was good and I had just put a screen protector on it.
Since I have your attention, do you know when the Fly More Kits (Regular batteries) will be shipping to Canada? I've been waiting since May 28th.

Thanks again for your help.
2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

AJ015 Posted at 8-10 18:46
Thanks DJI Paladin and DJI Natalia! It is the Mini 3 Pro with RC.  I was getting mixed messages on what I need to send back and had originally packed the whole kit but re-packed it with just the drone and battery. The RC was good and I had just put a screen protector on it.
Since I have your attention, do you know when the Fly More Kits (Regular batteries) will be shipping to Canada? I've been waiting since May 28th.

Thanks for the update as well.
At present, the demand for this product(FMK) is large, and we can not offer you a specific time. But we will urge the relevant team to speed up the process.
In addition, we can not find your relevant order information in our system. If you purchased this product through other channels, we suggest you can consult the support of the relevant channel to see if they can help you more with your order.
Besides, if there is anything else that we can help with, please just contact us anytime.
Thank you.

2022-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules