M1/M2 Mac support with DJI Assistant 2
7535 12 2022-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dm707
lvl.1
United States

New to owing a drone and did a quick test flight with the Mini 3 Pro.

Trying to connect it to my Mac Studio with M1 Max chip. Went through all the promts with the terminal and think everything is installed but when connected to my Mac directly via the USB C cable, nothing happens. The drone is on. I'm sure it's an issue with the driver needed but can't figure out how to check or get it installed properly. I've check the Security panel and there is nothing to click 'allow' next to. Thanks.
2022-8-10
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

have a lock at the "security&privacy" settings in the preferences

also reduce the security settings in recovery mode
2022-8-10
Use props
dm707
lvl.1
United States

Heard back from DJI tech support:

As for the issue you are having now is because the new Mac Catalina/MacOS Monterey system released by Apple is incompatible with the previous version due to the change of related system interfaces, so the HoRNDIS drive (third-party drive) cannot be installed when DJI Assistant 2 is installed. And causing some functions of the DJI Assistant 2 to be unavailable.

Please download and install the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series) by clicking this link, https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-matrice

Then install the correct version for Mavic Mini by clicking, https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic . Please make sure to install both of them, then use this one, then it will work.

The reason is that the DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series) v2.0.13 (Mac version) has been integrated into the latest HoRNDIS drive, which is compatible with the Mac Catalina/MacOS Monterey system.
2022-8-11
Use props
dm707
lvl.1
United States

Tried this but still not able to get it to work.
2022-8-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

works fine for me:

MacMini M1
Monterey 12.3
DJI Assistant 2 (FPV series)
2022-8-12
Use props
dm707
lvl.1
United States

The Saint Posted at 8-12 07:28
works fine for me:

MacMini M1

Thanks. Do you turn on drone and then plug it in after app is open?
2022-8-12
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

dm707 Posted at 8-12 21:39
Thanks. Do you turn on drone and then plug it in after app is open?

i plug it in first and then turn drone on
2022-8-13
Use props
vedmant
lvl.2

Mexico

I have the same problem MacBook Pro 16 M1, couldn't make it work, installed both Enterprise Series and for Mavic.
2022-12-4
Use props
Airwavepirate
lvl.1
Australia

I have an issue with Mavic 2 that says my vision cameras need calibrating. I have a MacBook Pro m1 and I can't get the software to work, it won't progress in the calibration process, it just freezes. what's the crack?
2023-2-8
Use props
JoshWallace
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17625 ft
New Zealand

dm707 Posted at 2022-8-11 17:49
Heard back from DJI tech support:

As for the issue you are having now is because the new Mac Catalina/MacOS Monterey system released by Apple is incompatible with the previous version due to the change of related system interfaces, so the HoRNDIS drive (third-party drive) cannot be installed when DJI Assistant 2 is installed. And causing some functions of the DJI Assistant 2 to be unavailable.

Wowsers. What a shambles. Honestly DJI why is it such a mess trying to update and manage your products via Apple computers ( which are very popular with content creators! )
I’m wasting a lot of time checking firmware and updating various products due to the awful Mac backend for DJI products.
2023-3-19
Use props
fans1857d9ee
lvl.1

Canada

Help!! Installing DJI assistant 2 has sent my M1 Mac into chaos. Won’t connect to the internet, apps not responding, everything running slowly. The app itself won’t open.

This is costing me hours. Beware, do not use this software until this is sorted.

Anyone know how to uninstall it?
2023-11-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans1857d9ee Posted at 11-9 19:30
Help!! Installing DJI assistant 2 has sent my M1 Mac into chaos. Won’t connect to the internet, apps not responding, everything running slowly. The app itself won’t open.

This is costing me hours. Beware, do not use this software until this is sorted.

Hi there. May I know where you downloaded the Assistant 2? It is highly suggested to download it from the DJI official website. You can use this link to download it: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series. Have a great day.
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_z1GjRqpG8XQF
New
Flight distance : 2835761 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 2022-8-12 07:28
works fine for me:

MacMini M1

Still working for you?
Did you need to uninstall any of the DJI Assistant 2 Enterprise software?

For me, Enterprise software installs fine, then install of the normal DJI Assistant 2 fails, as expected HoRNDIS fails to install since it was installed with DJI Assistant 2 Enterprise, I never get a DJI Assistant 2 App, I only see the Enterprise version.

MBA M2
DJI Air 2
2023-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules