DJI MINI 3 PRO GIMBAL DIAL INVERTED
12Next >
5130 60 2022-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_oub6ZHlPCebg
lvl.1
United States

Please make an update to invert the gimbal dial so when you pull left the camera moves up and when you push right it goes down!!! Its the only control you cant change and I should be able to invert it so its more comfortable to move the camera more fluently. please Dji release an update with this possibility
2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I will forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Mini 3 Pro updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2022-8-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's fine as it is
2022-8-11
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

Yes please, I always get this wrong. Needs an option in Setting to invert.

And we're not the only ones who want this.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-232770-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-89507-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=247291
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_oub6ZHlPCebg
lvl.1
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-11 01:05
It's fine as it is

Im sure its alright for you, but for many its more natural inverted. Cant tell you how much my gimbal bobs a bit because i naturally want to move it the way it feels right to me lol. An option that should have already been added tbh.
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_oub6ZHlPCebg
lvl.1
United States

jefish Posted at 8-11 07:51
Yes please, I always get this wrong. Needs an option in Setting to invert.

And we're not the only ones who want this.

It should have been added to began with with all the past people wanting this changed before the mini 3 pro came out. Hopefully we can make enough noise to get a good update!
2022-8-11
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just Re-wire the remote

[/url]
2022-8-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_oub6ZHlPCebg Posted at 8-11 08:16
Im sure its alright for you, but for many its more natural inverted. Cant tell you how much my gimbal bobs a bit because i naturally want to move it the way it feels right to me lol. An option that should have already been added tbh.

Have you requested your car manufacturer to make the steering wheel turn the opposite way?  
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_oub6ZHlPCebg
lvl.1
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-11 09:18
Have you requested your car manufacturer to make the steering wheel turn the opposite way?

This doesnt even make sense lmao. The car turns left when you turn left, therefore wanting the gimbal dial to do the same isnt rocket science. This went over your head a bit, didnt it?
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_oub6ZHlPCebg
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-11 09:53
Dear car manufacturer.   Please make it so I can invert the brake & gas pedals.  I can't get used to the gas on the right & really want that to be the brake.  I also would like to invert the steering, forward/reverse, turn signals, & the radio power & horn buttons.  Thank you.

2022-8-11
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Its a reasonable suggestion to add this. Its just preference. Should be a fairly simple thing to add.
This is similar to those who play FPS video games with the inverted look setting.
2022-8-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_oub6ZHlPCebg Posted at 8-11 09:48
This doesnt even make sense lmao. The car turns left when you turn left, therefore wanting the gimbal dial to do the same isnt rocket science. This went over your head a bit, didnt it?

On the contrary, it was just a bit of levity.
Clearly, the humour didn't make it across the Pond
2022-8-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When I take something off an above head-height shelf I pull it down,  when I put something up onto that shelf  I push it up, the gimbal work the same way, perfectly intuative for me.

The option to change it might be nice but to FORCE that change on what is probably the vast majority of users, who are perfectly happy with the current setup and have no grounds for  complaint would hardly be fair.

Remember we see a skewed sampling of peoples' opinions on forums, they come here if they have a problem or to complain,  THEY RARELY COME HERE TO SING PRAISE for something that works.
2022-8-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-11 10:08
On the contrary, it was just a bit of levity.
Clearly, the humour didn't make it across the Pond

It's a common problem lol. Two peoples separated by a common language
2022-8-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-11 10:36
It's a common problem lol. Two peoples separated by a common language

2022-8-11
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It's been that way since day 1 on all DJI drones. If you change it now, all of us will be taking pictures upside down...
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_oub6ZHlPCebg
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-11 10:30
When I take something off an above head-height shelf I pull it down,  when I put something up onto that shelf  I push it up, the gimbal work the same way, perfectly intuative for me.

The option to change it might be nice but to FORCE that change on what is probably the vast majority of users, who are perfectly happy with the current setup and have no grounds for  complaint would hardly be fair.
Theres nothing to be forced, we just want the option to invert the control just the way you can switch all other controls on the remote to fit to your flying comfortability. Thats all
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_oub6ZHlPCebg
lvl.1
United States

Goggles Pisano Posted at 8-11 10:56
It's been that way since day 1 on all DJI drones. If you change it now, all of us will be taking pictures upside down...

Not asking to change it entirely but to have the option of inverting for comfortability. Maybe i didnt word it correctly prior but just the option would be nice for flyers that cant get used to how it is set right now
2022-8-11
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_oub6ZHlPCebg Posted at 8-11 11:21
Not asking to change it entirely but to have the option of inverting for comfortability. Maybe i didnt word it correctly prior but just the option would be nice for flyers that cant get used to how it is set right now

I understand what you are saying . It is not a un-reasonable request but I think if DJI could change this easily, they would have done it by now. There is also not enough people that want this change in my opinion. You are in the minority...
2022-8-11
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

Goggles Pisano Posted at 8-11 11:42
I understand what you are saying . It is not a un-reasonable request but I think if DJI could change this easily, they would have done it by now. There is also not enough people that want this change in my opinion. You are in the minority...

You did read through the other threads.
2022-8-11
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jefish Posted at 8-11 13:01
You did read through the other threads.

Yea they go back to 2017 and DJI still have not made a change. which leads me to believe its not going to happen. As for the poll only 23 people responded I don't think they are accurate..
2022-8-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zzzzzzziiiiiiiiipppppppp
2022-8-12
Use props
Nuh7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 256411 ft
Germany

djiuser_oub6ZHlPCebg Posted at 8-11 08:16

It is natural the way it is. Imagine grabbing the controller's grip and rolling the dial with your thumb to the left, your thumb moves downwards.
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_oub6ZHlPCebg
lvl.1
United States

Nuh7 Posted at 8-12 09:26
It is natural the way it is. Imagine grabbing the controller's grip and rolling the dial with your thumb to the left, your thumb moves downwards.

Its more natural of a feeling for a lot of people to have it switched. Everyone controls differently, so having the option to invert the gimbal dial would be a great feature.
2022-8-12
Use props
bandit_ahead
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216864 ft
Germany

Hi there,

any news or better suggestitions to invert the gimbal wheel? In software - no hw-mods with warraty loss !
2022-10-9
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

It's fine as it is
2022-10-9
Use props
Bob Titus
lvl.1

Czechia

Absolutely NOT!
May be for a newbie adapting to the technology but if you've been flying for decades and using remote gimbals for over one decade the way it's been implemented by DJI is absolutely counter intuitive.
The fact you cannot set this by software and that DJI has not answered the massive requests on this matter is an absolute disgrace, but not surprising from a company that doesn't give a damn about customers and their (justified) requests.
2022-12-25
Use props
Bob Titus
lvl.1

Czechia

to DJI:
this "gimbal tilt reversing" feature has been actively requested by numerous customers since many years now, but it has not been answered yet (for some obscure marketing reasons I believe).
The only way for your customers to get satisfaction is to hack the remote HW (and loose warranty) when it would take your engineers a few lines of code to implement this functionality that is available on any gimbal system, including older DJI gimbals.
The lack of respect and care you are showing to your old time customers is unbelievable, please provide them with this very reasonable update asap.
Thank you.
2022-12-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob Titus Posted at 12-25 01:59
Absolutely NOT!
May be for a newbie adapting to the technology but if you've been flying for decades and using remote gimbals for over one decade the way it's been implemented by DJI is absolutely counter intuitive.
The fact you cannot set this by software and that DJI has not answered the massive requests on this matter is an absolute disgrace, but not surprising from a company that doesn't give a damn about customers and their (justified) requests.

Massive requests?   Scrolling through this thread, it seems you're out of step with the majority
2022-12-26
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939127 ft
Canada

For me it feels most intuitive as it is.
2022-12-27
Use props
djiuser_fZVcoqLyNI4L
New

Colombia

Please add feature to invert control for gimbal tilt and up/down flight control.
2023-1-3
Use props
djiuser_vc7vv0vGR6J1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52323 ft
Poland

Yeah, agree and take my vote for this option.
I'd like to invert it as well bc each time I move a wheel in incorrect side
It's more natural for me too to invert.
2023-1-4
Use props
jkremser
lvl.1
Spain

Pls add this option to invert the up and down. It ruined a lot of my videos so far. Or make the code open so that one can open a pull request, this is ridiculous that people have to re-wire the controller because of the lack of this feature.
2023-1-9
Use props
moontan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504541 ft
India

I'm for an option to invert the gimbal wheel as well. It's counter-intuitive for me as is.
2023-1-10
Use props
Bill Adama
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515190 ft
United Kingdom

Agree, would like to invert the wheel.
2023-1-10
Use props
ibike4u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50794 ft
Taiwan

I'm trying to figure that out too!  I've visited the Button Customization on the Remote and it doesn't offer that.  It's still in the non-intuitive direction.
2023-1-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 here too, i tend to get it the wrong way round, in doing so ruins that part of the video ad you have to redo it
2023-1-13
Use props
bostjanlaba
New

Slovenia

+1 I need an option to invert this. It's sort of a "pilot logic" - you pull to yourself, things go up, you push away, things go down. I tried getting used to the current setting but I can't, it's too counterintuitive for me.
2023-1-15
Use props
danvet
lvl.2

United States

+1 from me - amazed this didn’t exist from day 1 - shocked that DJI haven’t added it since (people have bene requesting this for years now!).
2023-1-24
Use props
djiuser_yd7zjAaJ4A7U
New
United States

+1 from me as well, been controlling inverted my whole life very hard to break natural instinct. Simple Inverted yes or not option would be great.
2023-3-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules