Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Hi guys,

I would like to know if I am alone or not. New drones, better signals blablabla but I had a mavic air, mavic 2 pro, mavic air 2S and now mavic 3 ... I start to find the connexion is less good drone after drone. Mostly this one ...

My M3 is sometimes at 6/700m from me and I still lost the signal. I am not in the city, not much around me but no, I lost the signal or I see the carmera but the screen freeze, looks like the drone or the gimbal not moving when I use the controler but he moving !!! until I come back more close to me
Its maybe the firmware ? I use a iphone 13 pro

So I ask you if I am alone or if I need to do a special setting or if its my drone have a problem ...

Sorry for my english  I travel currently and I use my drone a lot but I can't take some good shots sometimes because this thing happen

Cheers
2022-8-11
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Put your iPhone into airplane mode when you're flying. There are a lot of signals coming from your phone; Cellular data, bluetooth, wifi, NFC... When you're in the open, the wifi will be hunting for networks to join and if you're in an area with low/no signal, your phone will be working harder to maintain signal. These will all potentially interfere with the drone signal.

Airplane mode will also reduce stress on the CPU and will help prevent the screen from dimming when under a lot of processing load.
2022-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there The french globetrotter. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. In addition, kindly please try to fly your DJI Mavic 3 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist. The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-8-11
Use props
fans0ceb6577
New

Australia

I am having the same issues.

Issue 1 - I have updated the firmware on the RC and the drone. However, every time I take off, after a few minutes, it lost connection, and the main screen appears, and then the DJI Go app froze. I had to close the app and then it doesn’t start again. I had visual contact with the drone, max 50 metres and it is not flying over buildings. This is happening every time the drone is in the sky, and there is no way I can restart the app apart from restart the phone. This is very troublesome as it is NOT reliable for safe operation.

Issue 2 – I installed DJI assist 2 on the computer, connected with RC, and come back with “Cannot load firmware list”. Again, I tried to uninstall and install, and used the latest version on the DJI official website. Please provide a solution so I can connect the RC with DJI Assist.

Not happy.
2022-8-30
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans0ceb6577 Posted at 8-30 06:08
I am having the same issues.

Issue 1 - I have updated the firmware on the RC and the drone. However, every time I take off, after a few minutes, it lost connection, and the main screen appears, and then the DJI Go app froze. I had to close the app and then it doesn’t start again. I had visual contact with the drone, max 50 metres and it is not flying over buildings. This is happening every time the drone is in the sky, and there is no way I can restart the app apart from restart the phone. This is very troublesome as it is NOT reliable for safe operation.

I’m sorry but I’m happy to be not alone with this problem.
I tried to put my phone on airplane mode but this didn’t resolve my problem.

Thanks for sharing your feedback
2022-9-30
Use props
DaveteaUK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8852 ft
United Kingdom

I too have the same issue, but WORSE! My Air 2S can fly >800m from my garden location, and behind a large tree, without issue, now, with my new M3 it gets c40m, behind a tree, and it looses contact!!! Ridiculous! Mavic 3 is STILL in development and should not have been released, IMO! I'm VERY unhappy with it. It gives me no confidence whatsoevr to use it, and I'll be taking it back for a refund next week! AND, WtF are those dumb LRF files doing there? AND, why can't we disable the creation of the card filling rubbish that, as far as I can tell, NO-ONE WANTS or uses?!?!? WAKE UP DJI. No-one wants them, so at least give us the facility to diable their creation!
2022-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules