what are the Collison detection warning distances
641 9 2022-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_A3TZbKMyMeue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116575 ft
United Kingdom

I have been sent a replacement drone via DJI express and the detection seems to be crazy sensitive on this compared to my last so wondering if it has a fault.

It is beeping and warning me of a house wall a good 10metres away minimum distance. I wondered did anyone know the distances of when amber and red warnings kick in and if its different from front, rear and downward sensors. thanks
2022-8-11
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

i wonder to hear the answer too
2022-8-11
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Page 18 in Manual

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_3_Pro/UM/20220715/DJI_Mini_3_Pro_User_Manual_v1.2_en.pdf
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_A3TZbKMyMeue
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Goggles Pisano Posted at 8-11 11:50
Page 18 in Manual

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_3_Pro/UM/20220715/DJI_Mini_3_Pro_User_Manual_v1.2_en.pdf

Thanks. I had already read that and that page just tells you the sensors possible working range.

Im after what is the sensor configured too

I.e
Front sensors -- 5m amber

--2m red, 1m stop if not set to bypass

Something like that
2022-8-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_A3TZbKMyMeue Posted at 8-11 13:00
Thanks. I had already read that and that page just tells you the sensors possible working range.

Im after what is the sensor configured too

Well, funnily enough, it actually tells you in the app regarding the info you need, go test it and see and then report back
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_A3TZbKMyMeue
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 8-11 18:02
Well, funnily enough, it actually tells you in the app regarding the info you need, go test it and see and then report back

Id already checked out the app on the Rc controller and I didnt see this. Can you tell me where if you know because I don't believe its in the app and ive gone through what feels almost every menu but could have missed it, thanks.

Although testing my drone is a waste of time without knowing what the correct figures / distances is
2022-8-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_A3TZbKMyMeue Posted at 8-11 23:13
Id already checked out the app on the Rc controller and I didnt see this. Can you tell me where if you know because I don't believe its in the app and ive gone through what feels almost every menu but could have missed it, thanks.

Although testing my drone is a waste of time without knowing what the correct figures / distances is

Youre correct, i was thinking about the DJI Go 4 app, sorry, it does show the downward though, not much help here mind.

But, if the Phantom is anything to go by then you're probably looking at about 30ft on 1st detection.

I think you might be better off directing this to support@dji.com or get ya tape measure out tell ya what, gimmie 10 mins and i will check it out and see whats what for you
2022-8-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Right, here is what it looks like it is from my garden test.

Front - 1st detect at 9m, 1st red at 4m and stop at 3m
Rear - 1st detect at 7.5m, 1st red at 3.5m and stop at 2m

2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_A3TZbKMyMeue
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 8-12 00:09
Right, here is what it looks like it is from my garden test.

Front - 1st detect at 9m, 1st red at 4m and stop at 3m

thanks for the quick work on this, appreciate it
2022-8-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_A3TZbKMyMeue Posted at 8-12 00:19
thanks for the quick work on this, appreciate it

No probs, happy to help, BTW, they were my best estimates based on forward and backward, I didn't take angle sidewards into account as this would have thrown it off anyway.
2022-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules