IPad Pro Not Recognized by Controller
836 2 2022-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans278e42e2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31539 ft
United States

I just received my Mini 3 Pro a week ago.  I have the original Mavic Pro that I fly with my IPad using the DJI Go 4 app.   No issues with the Mavic using my IPad.

I am having an issue with the DJI Fly app on the IPad.   After starting up the Mini 3 Pro and the controller, I then launch the DJI Fly app.  I never receive a message to Go Fly.  The only workaround I have found is to go into settings on the IPad, select shutdown, and let the IPad shutdown.  Shortly after shutdown completes the IPad will start back up automatically.  I assume the controller is triggering this via its connection to the IPad.  I then launch the DJI Fly app and immediately get the Go Fly message.  From this point on everything works just fine and I can fly without any issues.  If I shutdown the controller and restart it I have to go through the whole process all over again.

I have tried many different versions of the USB C to USB C cables.  The cable is not the issue.   It appears to be a defect in the firmware of the controller not detecting the IPad without a complete shutdown and reboot.   Anyone ran into this issue?  

IPad Details:
Software Version: 15.6
Model Name: IPad Pro (12.9 inch) (3rd Generation)
Model Number: MTJU2LL/A
Has built in GPS / Cellular

2022-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

2022-8-11
Use props
fans278e42e2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31539 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-11 18:57
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to uninstall an reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried as you suggested uninstalling the DJI Fly app along with all data, rebooted, and reinstalled.    Problem remains the same.

I think DJI would be much more profitable if they would universally support the same devices across all your drones which use the same app.  Be it DJI Fly or DJI Go 4.  The new controllers DJI released with the built in screen is probably fine for some.  For me it is just to small and need something larger like my IPad.
2022-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules