Connecting DJI RC to a cellphone for FPV
2572 5 2022-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_CYBczGxXZV0L
lvl.1
Flight distance : 349144 ft
Croatia

Today I received my brand new Mini 3 Pro.
I'm having trouble connecting the new RC to my cellphone so that I can fly it FPV (I'm using the DroneMask).

I'm used to flying FPV on my old Mavic Pro (gen 1).

Is this at all possible or will I be forced to buy the inferior RC-N1?

Thanks!
2022-8-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Just for double checking, may we know if you are using DJI RC-N1? If yes, may we know the model of your phone? Besides, have you tried to use different cables to connect the phone to see if it works?
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_CYBczGxXZV0L
lvl.1
Croatia

DJI Thor Posted at 8-11 05:15
Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know the model of your phone? Besides, have you tried to use different cables to connect the phone to see if it works?

I have Samsung Galaxy S22.

Somebody told me that it's not possible to use a cell phone with the new DJI RC since this new remote has a screen of it's own. Cell phone can only be used with the older RC-N1.

Is that correct?

Thanks!
2022-8-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_CYBczGxXZV0L Posted at 8-11 06:42
I have Samsung Galaxy S22.

Somebody told me that it's not possible to use a cell phone with the new DJI RC since this new remote has a screen of it's own. Cell phone can only be used with the older RC-N1.

Hi, please note that DJI RC has a built-in screen. You don't need to use a cell phone while using DJI RC. A cell phone is needed while using DJI RC-N1.
2022-8-13
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 8-13 03:04
Hi, please note that DJI RC has a built-in screen. You don't need to use a cell phone while using DJI RC. A cell phone is needed while using DJI RC-N1.

Guess you missed this part....."new RC to my cellphone so that I can fly it FPV"
2022-8-15
Use props
djiuser_CYBczGxXZV0L
lvl.1
Croatia

So guess I will need to use the RC-N1 to fly FPV.

I would really prefer to use the RC since RC-N1 lacks all the extra physical buttons and the wheel on the right (I'm used to using those on my Mavic Pro).

Thank you both for your replies!
2022-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules