Anyone Else using the Tripltek 8 inch Pro with DJI Fly App?
2450 15 2022-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve_UK_M3P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4392336 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone else using a Tripltek 8 inch Pro with the DJI Fly App?

Since the last firmware upgrade and recent DJI Fly app updates, I have been experiencing a strange issue with my Tripltek 8 inch Pro, where the video randomly turns black during the flight. When it happens, I can still see all of the live telemetry, i.e. altitude, speed, battery, compass etc, and all the on-screen menus work, I just have no video. This can happen randomly at any point during the flight, it has happened as soon as 4 minutes, but has also happened after about 20 minutes. When it happens, if I was to unplug the USB C lead and plug it back in, the video is restored, but I don't want to be unplugging and plugging, as it will eventually wear the connection. Through trial & error I have worked out that if I open the album, then go back to the main screen, the video is then restored. It is not a major issue but it is very annoying, especially if it happens at a critical moment.  

I am trying to establish if it is a compatibility issue between the Tripltek 8 inch pro and the DJI Fly app, or if my tablet is faulty?

If you have a Tripltek 8 inch pro tablet, if you wouldn't mind, please could you test to see if yours has the same issue as mine..?

Note: It tends to do it more when it is set to video mode rather than still photography mode.

PS. I have already replaced leads (five times now), tried different drones and different RC-N1 controllers etc.

Thanks in advance for your feedback
2022-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Steve_UK_M3P. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I hope that out fellow DJI co pilots who uses the Tripltek 8 inch Pro when operating there DJI Drone can give out the best recommendation and information with regards to this matter. Just a reminder that DJI suggest using recommended mobile device for compatibility and reliability on both the DJI Drone and with the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application. Thank you.

2022-8-11
Use props
Steve_UK_M3P
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-11 19:06
Hello there Steve_UK_M3P. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I hope that out fellow DJI co pilots who uses the Tripltek 8 inch Pro when operating there DJI Drone can give out the best recommendation and information with regards to this matter. Just a reminder that DJI suggest using recommended mobile device for compatibility and reliability on both the DJI Drone and with the DJI Fly ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) application. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi DJI Stephen

Tripltek 8 inch Pro is a popular tablet with DJI drone users, hopefully you can optimise the DJI Fly app for use with this device soon?

Also Tripltek market this device as compatible with all drones (see this link) https://www.tripltek.com/

2022-8-11
Use props
Daniel Lauzier
lvl.1
Canada

I have exactly the same problem with the M3Pro but works well with my Air2s, Tripletek 8 pro RC-N1
2022-8-14
Use props
Steve_UK_M3P
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Daniel Lauzier Posted at 8-14 16:44
I have exactly the same problem with the M3Pro but works well with my Air2s, Tripletek 8 pro RC-N1

Thanks for your reply and the information Daniel.
Interesting to hear that it doesn't happen with your Air 2S, are you sure?

I have a Mini 3 Pro and a Mini 2, and two RC-N1 controllers. I have tried swapping controllers etc, and the issue happens with both aircraft and both controllers. I have also noticed that the issue appears to happen when the app is set to video, it doesn't appear to happen when the app is set to take photos.
2022-8-14
Use props
Daniel Lauzier
lvl.1
Canada

Steve_UK_M3P Posted at 8-14 22:26
Thanks for your reply and the information Daniel.
Interesting to hear that it doesn't happen with your Air 2S, are you sure?

Hello Steve
I use my AIR 2S several times a day for contracts, mostly photos but I often make videos and I never had this problem, I use the same RC-N1 for both drones and I only have the problem with the M3Pro. You pointed out to me that it was more often in the video format, and I think you’re right, I’ve been rethinking all my flights and it’s mostly in video mode and also when I went to vertical mode, It’s really unpleasant !
2022-8-15
Use props
Steve_UK_M3P
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Daniel Lauzier Posted at 8-15 04:27
Hello Steve
I use my AIR 2S several times a day for contracts, mostly photos but I often make videos and I never had this problem, I use the same RC-N1 for both drones and I only have the problem with the M3Pro. You pointed out to me that it was more often in the video format, and I think you’re right, I’ve been rethinking all my flights and it’s mostly in video mode and also when I went to vertical mode, It’s really unpleasant !
Thanks for the additional information Daniel.

Do you mean vertical video or vertical photos?
I tend to only use vertical mode for photos, I haven't done any vertical video.

Also it might be worth raising the issue with Tripltek, as currently they are telling me that I am the only one experiencing this issue.

Personally I'm starting to think that if it is happening with my Mini 3 Pro and my Mini 2, also your Mini 3 Pro, but not your Air 2S, then perhaps it is maybe down to the latest firmware on the Mini 2 and Mini 3 Pro?
I have submitted app logs and drone logs to DJI, as well as screen recordings, so hopefully DJI can identify the issue and resolve it in their next update
2022-8-15
Use props
Daniel Lauzier
lvl.1
Canada

Steve_UK_M3P Posted at 8-15 09:05
Thanks for the additional information Daniel.

Do you mean vertical video or vertical photos?

Both, vertical video and vertical photos !
2022-8-15
Use props
Steve_UK_M3P
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Daniel Lauzier Posted at 8-15 11:33

Thanks again for the info, that is interesting.

I don't do a lot of vertical stuff, so that may by why I haven't noticed that,  but I will test that to see if mine is doing the same.

I have asked on different social media platforms; there are one or two Tripltek users reporting this issue, but there are also lots that say that they are not having any issues, so it is difficult to figure out what is causing it. I suspect that It may be a DJI firmware issue with the Mini 3 (as the issue started around the same time as the last Mini 3 firmware update).
It may be worth you raising the issue with Tripltek, as they keep telling me that nobody else is having this random black screen issue.
2022-8-16
Use props
Bluenoes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3896775 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got my Tripletek 8 last weekend and i am experiencing the same issues as you, but also found the workaround of switching to the album and back to live view seems to fix it.
It is extremely frustrating though.
I submitted a bug report to DJI and they responded and asked my to supply a recording of it. I will try and do that this evening subject to the weather.

There is a new version of the app out today, so worth a try on that one I guess - even though I expect that is that one that DJI tell you to try out when you submit your ticket, and it had the same problem.
2022-8-17
Use props
Steve_UK_M3P
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bluenoes Posted at 8-17 03:58
I got my Tripletek 8 last weekend and i am experiencing the same issues as you, but also found the workaround of switching to the album and back to live view seems to fix it.
It is extremely frustrating though.
I submitted a bug report to DJI and they responded and asked my to supply a recording of it. I will try and do that this evening subject to the weather.

Thanks for your feedback, it is really appreciated.

I will try the new DJI Fly app version later today.

It may also be worth contacting Tripltek support about this issue, because the keep telling me that I am the only one reporting this issue.
2022-8-17
Use props
Steve_UK_M3P
lvl.2
United Kingdom

**IMPORTANT**

Anyone following this post, about the random black screen issue that appears to be affecting the Tripltek 8 Pro when used with the DJI Mini 3 Pro and RC-N1 controller, as well as reporting the issue to DJI, I urge you to also contact the tablet manufacturer and report the issue to them, their email address is as follows:

support@tripltek.com
2022-8-17
Use props
Steve_UK_M3P
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Daniel Lauzier Posted at 8-15 11:33
Hi Daniel
Someone with the same issue with DJI Mini 3 Pro, RC-N1 controller and Tripltek 8 Pro, commented on another forum that he has noticed that the issue appears to happen a few seconds after exiting an intelligent mode such as spotlight/POI/etc.
I haven't had chance to test/prove it yet, due to the weather today, but I intend to check this theory out as soon as I can.
2022-8-18
Use props
Steve_UK_M3P
lvl.2
United Kingdom

**UPDATE**
Through lots of research, and working with other drone users who have a DJI Mini 3 Pro & Tripltek 8 Pro tablet, making lots of tests and discussing results, we have established that the "black screen issue" is not random after all, it actually only happens after using one of the focus modes such as Spotlight or POI. The strange thing is that it doesn't happen straight away (in tests it takes about 10 to 35 seconds after you exit the mode). We have also found that the issue only appears to happen with the Mini 3 Pro after one of the DJI firmware updates that were sent out in June.
We have also found that if you do get the black screen issue, if you then click on "album", then click back, the video is restored within a few seconds
2022-8-18
Use props
djiuser_BY3Wq3KRhBPl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1406873 ft
Australia

My Tripltek 8" Pro Tablet decided to do a reboot while my Mavic 3 drone was out over the water this morning taking photos, 17 minutes into the flight, which gave me a slight heart attack, luckily it had half a battery left and I left it hovering while the tablet and then the DJI Fly app restarted. DJI Fly resumed in flight mode and I kept a watchful eye ready to hit the RTH button but all was fine as I brought it back in.
It wasn't connected to internet/wifi and doesn't have a sim card so I have know idea why it did that although the tablet did have a firmware update last week as did the DJI Fly app.
I have done another update tonight and hope that it doesn't happen again. I have had the tablet since February and this is the first hiccup I have had with it.
Flight logs were funny - 2 seperate ones the second one starts with the drone out over the water.
Apparently I could also have just used the controllers sticks to bring it back as it was within my sight but I didn't think about that only thought about the RTH button if needed.
2022-9-28
Use props
Steve_UK_M3P
lvl.2
United Kingdom

**UPDATE**
The issue has been fixed since DJI released firmware version V01.00.0400 and updated the DJI Fly app.
I have held back from posting that the issue was fixed, just to make sure..
2022-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules