Strobes
995 6 2022-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

There is loads of info on here and FB etc about strobes for the M3P as such I bought a Strobon Cree white strobe, its underneath the drone but as soon as I get say 4/500m in daylight I cannot see the strobe.

My question is has anyone fitted a strobe underneath the drone that can be seen at say at least 1KM? during daylight hours, If so what colour and what make please.

2022-8-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You will I think be luck, I have the Flytron Strobon Cree and in good daylight I I would stuggle beyond 500m  and that is with it mounted vertically and pointing at me, if I didn't know where to look the chances of seeing  during a randomw gaze at the sky would be very slim.
With the blinding firehouse arc V on an M2P maybe 600m.  Both are white.

1km......and pointing downward........IMO .....no chance.
2022-8-11
Use props
PeterIOM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-11 10:46
You will I think be luck, I have the Flytron Strobon Cree and in good daylight I I would stuggle beyond 500m  and that is with it mounted vertically and pointing at me, if I didn't know where to look the chances of seeing  during a randomw gaze at the sky would be very slim.
With the blinding firehouse arc V on an M2P maybe 600m.  Both are white.

Thank you, I may have to get my eyes checked out
2022-8-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd say your eyes are fine, it is rather bright of late and the FIrehouse is literally temprarily  blinding if you make the mistake of switching it on whilst looking at it.
2022-8-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think you mentioned mounting the strobe light underneath.  if so, that's not the proper positioning if you wish to see the strobe flashing when the drone is out farthest away.  400 feet is not high enough to see underneath the drone when you are 2000 feet out especially in the daytime.  white is the best color for day, it's the brightest.  and i would toss the flytron and go with something better from firehouse.
2022-8-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is nothing wrong with Strobon Cree from Flytron, especially for their weight.
I bought a 10w Cree from another manufacturer just to try out and i did not notice any difference between that and the lower wattage Flytron other than the other one being a fair bit heavier.

I just wish i didn't keep losing the darn things...

btw, i always mount mine on a back arm but at that distance, it ain't going to matter much where its mounted, 500m is about the best as long as you do not take your eyes off it, once you do, you will be bringing it back to about 300m if ya lucky lol
2022-8-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots about this one. Just a friendly reminder, make sure to avoid installing heavy accessories on the unit as this might affect its stability and we cannot guarantee that it will work properly during the flight. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules