Camera Control Cable Not Working
8305 20 2022-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Perspective16
lvl.1

United States

So I recently bought the DJI RS3 and tried to attach my Sony a6500 on it with a Ronin SC's Sony multi control cable it won't work. The app says there is no camera control cable even though there is and it is in the right spot. Is there a new cable I should use? (the a6500 doesn't have Bluetooth capabilities)
2022-8-11
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

Hey there, can you post a picture from your cable connections between the camera and the gimbal.
2022-8-11
Use props
Perspective16
lvl.1

United States

This is the cable I am using: https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-sc-camera-control-cable-multi
The cable is attached in the top port of the RS3
2022-8-11
Use props
Perspective16
lvl.1

United States

sorry for the low quality
2022-8-11
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

There's your problem.
Knipsel.JPG
You need the correct Cable.
Check which cable you need below.

https://store.dji.com/be/product/r-multi-camera-control-cable-micro-usb

Or

https://store.dji.com/be/product/r-multi-camera-control-cable-sony

3.JPG

2022-8-12
Use props
Perspective16
lvl.1

United States

Oh. So that explains it. What cable should I buy for a Sony a6500 -> RS3 connection?
2022-8-12
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

Perspective16 Posted at 8-12 10:24
Oh. So that explains it. What cable should I buy for a Sony a6500 -> RS3 connection?

Sony Multi is the best in my opinion. If you check the features you'll only loose aperture, shutter and iso but these can be changed on your camera. If you have the Raveneye or planning on buying it, you'll need the Sony Multi cable inorder to make the Raveneye transmitter work.
2022-8-12
Use props
Perspective16
lvl.1

United States

Thanks! Can you send a link to the cable?
2022-8-12
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

Perspective16 Posted at 8-12 11:33
Thanks! Can you send a link to the cable?

https://store.dji.com/be/product ... -control-cable-sony
2022-8-12
Use props
Perspective16
lvl.1

United States

Thank you so much!
2022-8-12
Use props
Nikospi23
New
Flight distance : 292100 ft
France

Hello,   I have a Gimbal RS3 with different cameras including a fujifilm X100V. I can't connect the two in any way, neither in bluetooth, nor via the RSS, USBc, - USBc /or DJI Ronin-SC Part 16 RSS Control Cable for Fujifilm. I tried the different settings in the menu (connection, etc..) Nothing. Can you explain me how to connect the two devices?
2022-9-20
Use props
Murat KOÇ
lvl.1

Turkey

Hi, is there any way control Nikon d5200 via cable or whatever through rs3?

Thanks to Crius Digital, share solution for Ronin S.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-162285-1-1.html

Is it possible to connect to the camera with rs3 using a similar method or something else?
2022-12-2
Use props
ciulian_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54472 ft
Romania

Hi! I have same issue with Sony a6600. Its not cable problem, I changed 5 cables, from 15 cm to 1m. I think its software compatibility problem
2022-12-6
Use props
Manos916
New
Greece

Hi there. i can not connect my sony a7iii with the rs3 to take photos or shoot 360 panorama although i bought the DJI R Multi-Camera Control Cable (Sony Multi).
Any recommendations please???
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Manos916 Posted at 3-19 10:24
Hi there. i can not connect my sony a7iii with the rs3 to take photos or shoot 360 panorama although i bought the DJI R Multi-Camera Control Cable (Sony Multi).
Any recommendations please???

Hi there, please make sure the setup is correct. To ensure the gimbal can detect the camera successfully once the camera control cable is connected, power on the gimbal before the camera. You may also refer to the link below to check the setup method. https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-3/a7m3
2023-3-20
Use props
bakyaa
New

India

You have to put camera in airplane mode so that it stops expecting controls from a linked smartphone , and all features will work with just the type c cable
2023-4-27
Use props
fans6e12f631
New
South Africa

Hey everyone, I hope you’re well!

I’ve just bought a Canon M6 Mkii and I’m trying to connect it with my MCC-C cable on my Ronin S , as I connect it, nothing happens or changes.

Please let me know if I am using the correct cable? It is the one that came in the kit.

Have a great day and hopefully chat soon!
1-17 08:13
Use props
fans6e12f631
New
South Africa

Hey everyone,

I hope you’re well!

Please would you help me, I recently bought the Canon M6 Mkii and I’ve got the DJI Ronin S. I’ve tried to connect the MCC-C cable and as I connect it, nothing happens. It’s USB-C version of the cable and it just stays the same.

Am I using the right cable? Please would you help me.

Have a great day! Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
1-17 08:15
Use props
djiuser_6YnZwMbsfXpQ
New
United States

My canon 90d does the same thing with ronin sc. I’ve tried 3 different cords and nothing works
1-26 20:31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans6e12f631 Posted at 1-17 08:13
Hey everyone, I hope you’re well!

I’ve just bought a Canon M6 Mkii and I’m trying to connect it with my MCC-C cable on my Ronin S , as I connect it, nothing happens or changes.

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble. May I confirm where you purchased the cable? Would it be possible for you to share a short video showing your connection setup from the gimbal going to your camera? You may upload the video through Google Drive or Dropbox then provide the link here. I hope to hear from you soon.
1-28 02:32
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_6YnZwMbsfXpQ Posted at 1-26 20:31
My canon 90d does the same thing with ronin sc. I’ve tried 3 different cords and nothing works

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please make sure to run the latest firmware version on your DJI Ronin-SC. As for the setup, it's recommended to use the Ronin-SC Multi-Camera Control Cable(Type-C) + ① Ronin-SC Multi-Camera Control Adapter(Type-C to Micro USB). You may refer to the image below.

1-28 02:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules