How to lock the gimbal's yaw axis
725 1 2022-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve Graf
lvl.2
United States

I've been trying to find a way to lock the gimbal's yaw axis on my Mini 2...

I've gone through the Gimbal class documentation and I'm able to rotate the gimbal on each axis and set a gimbal state callback, but I can't find a way to prevent the drone from adjusting the yaw of the gimbal. Setting the gimbal mode to FPV, YAW_FOLLOW, or FREE seems to have little to no effect on the gimbal's adjustments. Other functions are limited to more advanced aircrafts or different products entirely (like smooth tracking). I've tried disabling the gimbal motors entirely, but the result callback provides me with a "Not supported" response.

I don't want the gimbal to compensate on the yaw axis at all for the movement of the drone. Is this currently possible for the Mini 2's? Is it even possible to lock every axis, rather than only the yaw? If so, am I looking in the wrong spot?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2022-8-11
Use props
Mats Bohlinsson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1838077 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Can't be done. I had the same problem

For some reason dji havn't made gimbal free mode available.
I think It can be enabled with some very cumbersome calls with undocumented api calls, but it's hard.

It's one of the major fault of  the mavics. Impossible to do any smooth filming in virtualstick mode.

I think there was a hack för mavic 1 to lock the gimbal, but that needed root access and moded a startup script on the drone.
2022-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules