MAVIC 3 CINE - CONNECTION LOSS AFTER 1000 FT?
1194 8 2022-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4747cbe1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149409 ft
Canada

Hi guys,

I had the chance to upgrade my drone from the mavic 2 pro to the Mavic 3 CINE and so far the quailtiy bump up in image quality is stark.

I am however experecineing a bit of an issue which is quite annoying.  My Mavic 3 CINE seems to disconnect from my RC PRO controller after around 1000 FT or so in flight.  I usally am flying around 90 to 120 meters in altitude.  

Eveyrthing is up to date, software wise.  

Please note, I am not flying in areas such as desne urband evniroments, like downtown of a major city or so.  Could this be because there could be some trees or a 1-2 houses in front of me/ sitting in my car during flights?

Please advise.  I bought the RC PRO controller with the mavic 3 to avoid any issues like this within a 15km range, as advertised by DJI.

Thank you for the help.  

2022-8-11
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi Fans, I have the same issue. It seems it's because the car windshield or other glass parts and metal construction of the car causes interference. If you step out of the car and point your controller antennas directly into the direction of the drone, imho you would see tremendous improvement, especially at the height you are describing. Hope this helps. Also you probably can't point your antennas into the direction of the drone sitting on car seat. I had the same issue sitting in the car, once I get out and point the antennas towards the drone, the reception is great and I can fly lower altitude without any issue for much longer distance. Hope this helps.  Thanks, Mike.
2022-8-11
Use props
fans4747cbe1
lvl.1
Canada

Mzp Posted at 8-11 14:47
Hi Fans, I have the same issue. It seems it's because the car windshield or other glass parts and metal construction of the car causes interference. If you step out of the car and point your controller antennas directly into the direction of the drone, imho you would see tremendous improvement, especially at the height you are describing. Hope this helps. Also you probably can't point your antennas into the direction of the drone sitting on car seat. I had the same issue sitting in the car, once I get out and point the antennas towards the drone, the reception is great and I can fly lower altitude without any issue for much longer distance. Hope this helps.  Thanks, Mike.

Thanks for the response Mike.  I will definitely try this out and report back.
2022-8-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message or error codes on the DJI Fly application when this is happening? In addition kindly please fly your DJI Mavic 3 to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-8-11
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56533511 ft
United States

Switch to 5.8Ghz only in the transmission tab. This will most likely resolve the issue until they fix the firmware.
2022-8-12
Use props
fans4747cbe1
lvl.1
Canada

seattle_helo Posted at 8-12 19:36
Switch to 5.8Ghz only in the transmission tab. This will most likely resolve the issue until they fix the firmware.

Is this a safe method of operating the drone?  Solely on the 5.8 ghZ transmission?  I took out my drone out today and I was able to get to 1.23km before experiencing a the signal cutting in and out
2022-8-12
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
United States

Well it's not ideal but it's far safer than randomly losing signal even when the machine is next to you. I almost had a M3C fly into power lines directly next to me because the system 'lost connection' and it went into the RTH routine. It's most certainly a bug in the firmware and my guess is that it's specifically a RC Pro issue. In the meanwhile if you need to get work done switch to 5.8GHz and it will just work. The only issue is that you need to remember to do this after each power cycle.
2022-8-16
Use props
fans4747cbe1
lvl.1
Canada

seattle_helo Posted at 8-16 15:08
Well it's not ideal but it's far safer than randomly losing signal even when the machine is next to you. I almost had a M3C fly into power lines directly next to me because the system 'lost connection' and it went into the RTH routine. It's most certainly a bug in the firmware and my guess is that it's specifically a RC Pro issue. In the meanwhile if you need to get work done switch to 5.8GHz and it will just work. The only issue is that you need to remember to do this after each power cycle.

can you instruct me with how to switch over the transmission to 5.8GHZ.  My mavic 3 cine almost flew into trees when I instructed it to fly back to a way points hyper lapse...wild stuff.
2022-8-16
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
United States

After power up and initialization go into the transmission tab of the settings on the DJI Fly app. You'll see buttons for dual band, 2.4 and 5.8GHz. Select the 5.8GHz button and you'll then be good to go.
2022-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules