How do you take off your camera without losing balance?
2793 3 2022-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lefterisc95
New
Belgium

I just finished balancing my Sony A7 III on the gimbal and everything is working great.

Now I was wondering how you're supposed to take the camera off the gimbal so you can store your gimbal and/or camera away.

Just under the camera (when it's mounted) there is an unlock switch which releases the mounting plate. If I unlock that part, I can take off the camera including the mount plate (but not the glider/slider part). When I put the camera back on the gimbal, I need to rebalance that part. Is this normal? Do I need to balance that part of the gimbal everytime I put the camera on/off the gimbal (using the same lens ofcourse)? The same happens when you take off the whole slider (including the mount plate). I thought you only need to balance your camera once (when using only the same lens) instead of balancing it everytime you put the camera on the gimbal.

Thanks in advance!

2022-8-12
Use props
HankStank
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3525850 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You should not need to rebalance the gimbal after you've removed the camera and put it back on. Try to put the plate back in the same position as before and it should be fine. I operate this way everyday.
Tip; on the slider plate, once you balanced everything with that particular lens/ setup, scratch a mark on the plate to show the position next time for easy setup.

2022-8-12
Use props
HankStank
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3525850 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You can see from my picture, ive scratched 2 marks for the 2 different lenses that i mostly use.
2022-8-12
Use props
lefterisc95
New
Belgium

HankStank Posted at 8-12 02:01
You should not need to rebalance the gimbal after you've removed the camera and put it back on. Try to put the plate back in the same position as before and it should be fine. I operate this way everyday.
Tip; on the slider plate, once you balanced everything with that particular lens/ setup, scratch a mark on the plate to show the position next time for easy setup.

Thank you so much I'll use your tips immediately!
2022-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules