DJI go 4 app not working S22 ultra after 8/10/22 update
2377 6 2022-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coop5571
lvl.1
Flight distance : 227034 ft
United States

The DJI Go 4 app will not open on my Galaxy S22 Ultra after the 8/10/12 security update.
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_Oql74uA2M8Iv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116506 ft

Norway

Ik heb helaas het zelfde probleem met Android 12 en samsung a51. Ik heb de oude dji fly nu geïnstalleerd en kan nu vliegen met de mavic pro 2 maar dit kan niet de bedoeling zijn. Heb ook al van alles geprobeerd maar krijg de dji go 4 niet meer aan de praat.
2022-8-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there coop5571. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( Samsung S22 Ultra ) that your are using on the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4  application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S22 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized for the DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it. For reference I will post a DJI link  where in you can find the recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ) . In addition support for additional mobile devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you.

2022-8-12
Use props
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen -- sorry but this is nonsense.  I and many others are having the exact same issue.  The app used to work, now it doesn't.  I have a Galaxy S21+.  These are very common modern flagship smartphones.  There is no reason why they should stop working except for very bad QA on DJI's part.  Fortunately for me it still works on my old OnePlus 6, but without that I'd be dead in the water.  Is that what you want to happen to your customers?

You should support *Android*, not specific devices.  A reasonable app shouldn't simply start refusing to open after some update.

This is the second time this has happened since I got this phone.  If it isn't resolved quickly, DJI will be on my permanent #$%^@ list.
2022-8-12
Use props
vstud
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9521 ft

Canada

HOROBLE experience! I was driving to fly my Mavic 2 pro drone for 4h from  home and then hike to fly a drone and... suddenly after app starts crushing! I was really mad. Troubleshooting and downloading latest app from official DJI site did not help. I can't imaging how people are stressed when they showing on site to do a paid job and they can't. Really bad experience...

Samsung S22 Ultra + DJI MAVIC 2 PRO

2022-9-7
Use props
vstud
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9521 ft

Canada

If someone has a solution, please share with me. After such a bad experience, considering to sell my drone.
2022-9-7
Use props
djiuser_TCOiUaoTRQa4
New

United States

vstud Posted at 9-7 03:25
If someone has a solution, please share with me. After such a bad experience, considering to sell my drone.

I've had the same issue for about a year now. I purchased a samsung s22 ultra and my drone hasn't worked since. I even download a file from dji and it still hasnt worked. Now I have an expensive paper weight as well...
2022-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules