Mini 3, flight plus battery and A2 c of c
852 4 2022-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

So for those of us that have taken the A2 exam I see no reason why we cant fly the Mini 3 with extended battery without the distance restrictions being imposed?

Its going to take the drone over 249g, Air2s is already over this which is why I sat the A2 anyway.

Why then as consumers are we still restricted to purchasing here in the UK?   Its their choice if they fly with it knowing what restrictions it might impose.
2022-8-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Because if they sold the battery here it would no longer be in the <249g category as the MTOM would increase (Something the Australians just got hit with),   For the same reason that prop guards are no longer sold.    If you want a plus battery just buy one and use,  I have one in the UK and its great,  even makes the drone more stable.
2022-8-13
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cheers.  Just going to see I can source from without getting ripped off
2022-8-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 8-13 01:09
Cheers.  Just going to see I can source from without getting ripped off

Good luck with that, around £130 is the norm, there were cheaper ones on Ali but there's no telling if ya gonna get stitched at the door when it arrives...

You cannot even get a friend in the US to buy it and set the UK as the shipping address. POOR very POOR DJI, some of us can legally fly up to 500g. In a sense its not DJI's fault but the UK for blindly following the EU. But, in the next breath, it is the fault of DJI because THERE ARE NO C RATED DRONES ON THE MARKET, THEREFORE THE MOTM IS NOT LEGALLY BINDING IT IS STILL MOTW FOR SUB 250g!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2022-8-13
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A2 C of C came through today
2022-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules