Photos and Video
882 23 2022-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

A few photos and a video from the Mini 3 Pro from the UK.
It's my first drone, I've finally progressed from flying in a straightline
EDIT: Please see posts 4 and 19 for photos and video.
Thanks.
2022-8-13
Use props
DocSavage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48107 ft
United Kingdom

photos? where
2022-8-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still no attachment?  Don't forget to add the link.......
2022-8-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sorry, this website doesn't work for me at all.
I've added the photos, but when I post it, all I and you see is the top two lines.

Here's a screen grab of what I see when typing out the message.
2022-8-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 8-13 06:48
I've added the photos, but when I post it, all I and you see is the top two lines.

Those are striking images. Nice work.
2022-8-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-13 06:56
Those are striking images. Nice work.

Thank you
2022-8-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-8-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 8-13 06:48

Nice images,
re website, you need to wait a bit longer for it to actually post, the tell tale sign that something is working is the URL that shows in the bottom left as soon as you hit reply or post, this site just takes wee bit longer than others.

Untitled.png
2022-8-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MS. Good day and thank you for sharing these beautiful photos that you have shot using your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Great captures and keep flying.
2022-8-13
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 8-13 18:20
Nice images,
re website, you need to wait a bit longer for it to actually post, the tell tale sign that something is working is the URL that shows in the bottom left as soon as you hit reply or post, this site just takes wee bit longer than others.

Thank you.
I'll remember that for next time
2022-8-14
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-13 19:15
Hello there MS. Good day and thank you for sharing these beautiful photos that you have shot using your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Great captures and keep flying.

Thank you Stephen.
2022-8-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Shots       
2022-8-14
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Is really hard to tell true quality here as DJI limits to 2MB better off posting external link. Your shots look epic by the way, love how you delayed speed on the wind turbine must have been using a fairly strong ND? There are lots of examples over in the Works section
2022-8-14
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you very much
2022-8-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 8-14 05:16
Thank you very much

You're very welcome.
2022-8-14
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-14 01:02
Is really hard to tell true quality here as DJI limits to 2MB better off posting external link. Your shots look epic by the way, love how you delayed speed on the wind turbine must have been using a fairly strong ND? There are lots of examples over in the Works section

Thank you for your kind words.
That's a good idea.
Links to the photos shown above:
https://www.marksykesphotography.co.uk/Aerial/i-qmRVKfj
https://www.marksykesphotography.co.uk/Aerial/i-SgMDxvs
https://www.marksykesphotography.co.uk/Aerial/i-gxV2K77
https://www.marksykesphotography.co.uk/Aerial/i-vbk72FX
https://www.marksykesphotography.co.uk/Aerial/i-tZRQHKZ
https://www.marksykesphotography.co.uk/Aerial/i-V3kJTRR
https://www.marksykesphotography.co.uk/Aerial/i-tRfDzGX
https://www.marksykesphotography.co.uk/Aerial/i-6v2rXTJ

For the wind turbine (second link above) I used 3 of the 4 DJI ND filters, as I wasn't sure which one would look best. I'm not sure which filter gave me that image though.

And finally, a link to a video. Which shows the affects of the drought in the UK and my daring flight "skills"
https://www.marksykesphotography.co.uk/Aerial/i-zLsPx9s

The photos were shot at 12MP, upscaled to x1.5 using Topaz Gigapixel. After I'd save the TIFF file, I downscaled the image to 20% and saved the JPG.

The video was shot at 4K, but I only upload at 1080p to save time. Also the hosting site might reduces the size and quality too, as it looks terrible compared to playing 1080p on my computer.
2022-8-14
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Nice work
2022-8-14
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you Sir.
2022-8-14
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

MS Posted at 8-14 05:29
Thank you for your kind words.
That's a good idea.
Links to the photos shown above:

These are great MS. Not sure if you are on to this but focusing on the Mini 3 Pro seems to be  little twitchy. I now always keep on auto focus and just before I take the shot tap the screen to focus then hit the AF button on screen to jump into Manual Focus (MF) mode which locks it in. Have had a couple of shots messed up cos I didn't do that. You'll be used to fixed focus with the Mini 2?

That was a great tracking shot, you almost danced with a couple of birds and a tree there but impressive! The tracking on the Mini 3 Pro seems amazing.

Not sure if you have tried the 48MP mode but every test I have done it looks considerably clearer than 12MP standard mode.

I think you will have a ball with the Mini 3 Pro
2022-8-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

MS Posted at 8-14 00:03
Thank you Stephen.

Hi there MS. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-8-14
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-14 12:54
These are great MS. Not sure if you are on to this but focusing on the Mini 3 Pro seems to be  little twitchy. I now always keep on auto focus and just before I take the shot tap the screen to focus then hit the AF button on screen to jump into Manual Focus (MF) mode which locks it in. Have had a couple of shots messed up cos I didn't do that. You'll be used to fixed focus with the Mini 2?

That was a great tracking shot, you almost danced with a couple of birds and a tree there but impressive! The tracking on the Mini 3 Pro seems amazing.

Thank you.
I keep forgetting the refocus before each shot. Sometimes I forget to focus at all!

I messed up a bit with the video. I've started a bad habit of pressing the joystick in a side wards direction when going forward. So I went off course a bit. I know I can disable sideways movement, but that's an extreme measure.

This is my first drone, I don't have a MIni 2.

I tried 48MP when I got the Mini 3, but ironically had the same issues I'm now having shooting 12MP. I've not tried it since there's been the FW updates. I'll try it again.

2022-8-15
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-14 20:05
Hi there MS. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  .

Thank you and happy flying to you too
2022-8-15
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

MS Posted at 8-15 01:07
Thank you.
I keep forgetting the refocus before each shot. Sometimes I forget to focus at all!

First drone!  You are doing amazingly well then Yes I get a bit complacent sometimes and forget to focus too just have to try and remember makes a huge difference to quality. I think we all end up pressing the stick thinking the drone will go one way but it's another. Good luck
2022-8-15
Use props
MS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 8-15 02:50
First drone!  You are doing amazingly well then  Yes I get a bit complacent sometimes and forget to focus too just have to try and remember  makes a huge difference to quality. I think we all end up pressing the stick thinking the drone will go one way but it's another. Good luck

Thank you. I appreciate your help and advice.
2022-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules