Crash into lake after previous issues
607 6 2022-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NCAI USA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50935 ft
United States

I'd been having issues with my Air 2 getting really squirrly imediatly after take off and in one instance it started drifting towards me causing me to jump out the way before it crashed into the side of my house. No major damage to the drone as it was moving relativly slowly but trashed all 4 props and scuffed the fusilage. Glad I wasn't injured.

I contacted dji support and they had me recalibrate the compass, and the IMU connection.
Next few flights were uneventful.

the next day I was again having issues with telemetry. I was just 59 feet away from the drone when the satelight, distance, speed etc turned red and got "RC not connected to aircraft: message. I double checked everything and rebooted everything, controller, phone display and the drone. Since there are some power lines and a cell phone tower not far from my house I decided to do my next flights a few miles away far from any possible interference. Same thing, after powering up and taking off all telemetry quit. Drone still responded to controls to landed, reboot everything and tried again but same thing.

Next day back on phone with tech support and recalibrated everything once again and all was good,,,,,, untill this morning.

Booted up, waited a while before I took off so make sure all was well. Walked a few hundred feet away from it and all still working. Took off and all was good until it wasn't. Got squirrely again, lost altitute and crashed into a lake and sank 5 minutes into the flight.

I have dji refresh, filed a flyaway with all the details and now waiting to see if they will replace.  I don't see how this was my fault as I brought up the issues to tech support and they gave me the go ahead fly thinking the problem had been solved.

Anybody have any similar experiences with this kind of thing?
2022-8-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your recorded flight data might help find the cause of the incident.  

To get to your flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report
For help interpreting the data you can post a link for the report here.

Or just post the .txt file.
2022-8-13
Use props
NCAI USA
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-13 14:18
Your recorded flight data might help find the cause of the incident.  

To get to your flight data, go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
I looked at the log and it shows nothing remarkable. There was a note about manned aircraft in the area but that's it. No communication errors, nothing. Like a normal flight then nothing.
2022-8-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

NCAI USA Posted at 8-13 14:35
I looked at the log and it shows nothing remarkable. There was a note about manned aircraft in the area but that's it. No communication errors, nothing. Like a normal flight then nothing.

Hopefully, you will get good news from DJI then.  

2022-8-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there NCAI USA. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before and now you are having this issue with the said DJI Mavic Air 2. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-8-13
Use props
NCAI USA
lvl.1
United States

I uploaded the logs at dji's request. No idea how long it will be till I get an replacement.

Now wondering why my post has been moved from the Air 2  discussion board to this forum???
2022-8-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

NCAI USA Posted at 8-14 14:32
I uploaded the logs at dji's request. No idea how long it will be till I get an replacement.

Now wondering why my post has been moved from the Air 2  discussion board to this forum???

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Your post should be classified into the service sector according to Forum Rules. Our teams have sent you the email about the result. Please check.
2022-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules