How do you update the remote firmware, when you dont have a usb cardreader?
6077 10 2015-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vaupell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198392 ft
Denmark

Without a USB cardreader, how do you update your remote controller?

The manual says this :

"Step 2- Download and Update the Firmware
1. Go to the DJI GO App > Camera View > System Status bar > Overall Status. Tap Download the firmware update package to download and
update the firmware. Track the update progress from progress bar in the DJI GO App. The status LED on the remote controller will blink
blue during update and blink green when update is complete with success."

EDIT : THERE IS NO "DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE" thing to click. it just says go watch videos.
when i do this, a window pops up on the device saying " watch upgade tutorial videos in the academu "  well fuck..

why have this button then..

anyway, no way to update the remote without a god damn usb card reader?
I got several, that dont run on their own, requires an os to work, etc.   but dont have those "old school" ones anymore.

If that is not possible, how do you then "DOWNGRADE" the firmware on the drone again ?  
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Don't u have a thumb drive? If u dodo a quick format fat32, put the bin file on it. Make sure p3 and controller are off. Stick the efing thumb drive in the efing controller, turn on controller and wait for 20 mins. Hope this helps
2015-8-6
Use props
Vaupell
lvl.2
Denmark

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-6 21:56
Don't u have a thumb drive? If u dodo a quick format fat32, put the bin file on it. Make sure p3 and ...

Nope that is the point.  

thumb drive is something i would expected DJI to have sold with the drone if i needed one.
EDIT :

Just checked 4 large local store that sell electronics, etc.
they dont even have those anymore, sure they sell loose card, and readers that run with thier own power supply, and requires OS to work.

But no "classical" 'thumb drives', card readers.. because everything is just hooked via usb.
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

Where the hell do u live? Lol. Have u tried connecting the controller to the P3 and updating it that way?
2015-8-6
Use props
al.zamorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

If you read the instructions, it states :

Step 2- Download and Update the Firmware
1. Go to the DJI GO App > Camera View > System Status bar > Overall Status. Tap Download the firmware update package to download and
update the firmware. Track the update progress from progress bar in the DJI GO App. The status LED on the remote controller will blink
blue during update and blink green when update is complete with success.
Firmware update through the DJI GO app will not work with older versions of the remote controller firmware. If the firmware update fails, follow
the instructions below to update the firmware using the traditional method:
a. Update the latest firmware package files from DJI official web site.
b. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive.
c. Turn off the remote controller, Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB disk onto the remote controller USB port when remote
controller is turned off.
d. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.
e. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the
remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and beeping
sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success.
f . If you do not have a SD card reader, you may insert the SD card into the gimbal and connect the gimbal with remote controller to upgrade
the remote controller.
2015-8-6
Use props
Vaupell
lvl.2
Denmark

al.zamorski Posted at 2015-8-6 22:15
If you read the instructions, it states :

Step 2- Download and Update the Firmware

ohhh the embarrassment.

RGR
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

Vaupell Posted at 2015-8-6 22:19
ohhh the embarrassment.

RGR

It's all good! But tell me this, should DJI also include the screw drivers, torx drivers, Allen wrenches, zip ties etc, as well as the sub thumb drive?

Now I'm having fun.
2015-8-6
Use props
stvnvicbc
lvl.2

Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-6 22:24
It's all good! But tell me this, should DJI also include the screw drivers, torx drivers, Allen wr ...

Yes they should Ray!  And croissants too dammit.  We want croissants!!
2015-8-6
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update your firmware like this:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-phantom-3-firmware-if-using-dji-go.50065

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-6
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

stvnvicbc Posted at 2015-8-7 00:33
Yes they should Ray!  And croissants too dammit.  We want croissants!!

We don't mean nothing by it, we just trying to make u feel more embarrassed for jumping the blaming gun.
Hope all went well with the update and enjoy. Read section in manual on CSC and stay away from it unless u want to fork out another 1259
2015-8-6
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-6 22:24
It's all good! But tell me this, should DJI also include the screw drivers, torx drivers, Allen wr ...

Let's have some more fun - my Chroma *did* come with those tools! It didn't include a thumb drive but it did include several Allen wrenches and even a pair of tweezers.

I wrote Horizon Hobby and asked what the Allen wrenches were for, what the tweezers were for and where could I find instructions/video on how do use these tools for repair.

Politely said, their answer was not very informative! Apparently the tweezers are to move wires around if necessary and the Allen wrenches are used to remove the "shell" from the quad - but they didn't offer any help on that either!
2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules