Fly More bag strap broken after 10 days :(
1167 19 2022-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fizzyfizz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67520 ft
United Kingdom

Just wondering if there's a regular problem with people's Fly More Kit bag straps breaking after a very short period of time? Mine did last night without any excessive weight or pressure applied. It literally just slipped off my shoulder whilst walking to my shoot location (see photo). I bought the kit 10 days ago and am virtually anal about making sure all my equipment is cared for properly.
As it originated from the Fly More Kit, what's the process for replacing this? Does anyone from DJI see these forums? Seems a waste of time sending off for a repair. I originally purchased it from Argos in the UK on 3rd August.

THANKS

2IMG_6420 copy.jpg
2022-8-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there fizzyfizz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-8-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's pretty poor!  I've been carrying mine about by the shoulder strap  whilst hiking, but I've only had it a week. I shall inspect it carefully before l go out again.
2022-8-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blimey, that ain't good, I'd go with DJI Stephen's advice and contact support.
Hopefully they'll send you out a replacement bag without the hassle of returning the old one.  
Just as a matter of interest, am I correct in thinking it is a loop that has come undone?
If so did you happen to notice if the loop was longer than the presumed loop on the other side of the bag?
I am wondering if it was a badly folded loop that meant the stitching went through one leg of the loop too close to the end of that leg or if the end of that leg wasn't sealed?
2022-8-14
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Not great quality for 10 days.  Think I went out once with mine before I swopped for a 3rd party bag.  I have another bag coming too which I liked when I saw it (accessories are coming through now for mini 3)
Screenshot_20220814-122848_AliExpress.jpg
2022-8-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely a poor sewing job on that strap.  DJI Support should be able to look at that photo and send you out a replacement bag.  I use a 3rd party bag when on local hikes but a hard case when traveling so my original DJI bag is not in use.   
2022-8-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

chillibadger Posted at 8-14 03:28
Not great quality for 10 days.  Think I went out once with mine before I swopped for a 3rd party bag.  I have another bag coming too which I liked when I saw it (accessories are coming through now for mini 3)

That's a really nice bag.  I like the way everything is organized and readily accessible.  
2022-8-14
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-14 03:40
That's a really nice bag.  I like the way everything is organized and readily accessible.

Cheers.  I thought it looked a bit more pro
2022-8-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

chillibadger Posted at 8-14 04:16
Cheers.  I thought it looked a bit more pro

Indeed it does.  
2022-8-14
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

I’m handicapped and needed something more substantial, since I drop things. I went with the case from Skyreat. It’s compact and very sturdy.
2022-8-14
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

I also have a suitcase from Skyreat, it's perfect.

SKYREAT Mini 3 Pro
2022-8-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is one thought the comes to mind concerning these spacious hard cases etc. their size.
This is NOT KNOCKING them, they may well be great for storage purposes, the one I have for the FPV is,  but they are as bad, from the portability perspective, as the Phantoms and their hard cases.
2022-8-14
Use props
fizzyfizz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-14 01:40
Hello there fizzyfizz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

DJI Stephen, are you able to be more specific on what I need to do after clicking the link please? I couldn't see anything other than actual drone hardware repair options. Thanks
2022-8-14
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

fizzyfizz Posted at 8-14 07:25
DJI Stephen, are you able to be more specific on what I need to do after clicking the link please? I couldn't see anything other than actual drone hardware repair options. Thanks

At the end of the support page are options for a general phone and email contact ;-)
2022-8-14
Use props
fizzyfizz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Drone Jockey Posted at 8-14 09:08
At the end of the support page are options for a general phone and email contact ;-)

Thank you
2022-8-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fizzyfizz Posted at 8-14 07:25
DJI Stephen, are you able to be more specific on what I need to do after clicking the link please? I couldn't see anything other than actual drone hardware repair options. Thanks

Hi there fizzyfizz. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Kindly please refer to the post give below by Drone Jockey for you to be bale to contact our DJI Support Team and for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.
2022-8-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-14 07:07
There is one thought the comes to mind concerning these spacious hard cases etc. their size.
This is NOT KNOCKING them, they may well be great for storage purposes, the one I have for the FPV is,  but they are as bad, from the portability perspective, as the Phantoms and their hard cases.

Exactly. I have a hard case and now, the Flymore bag.
The former for car journeys and the latter for hiking.
2022-8-14
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

LMAO, Dude thats not a natural failure of the product. You obviously pulled on it too hard while the bag was jammed in something. I wouldn't consider that as a warranty replacement. I have seen those bags up close and though they are cheap, they aren't that flimsy. Just saying. Good try though
2022-8-14
Use props
fizzyfizz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 8-14 21:47
LMAO, Dude thats not a natural failure of the product. You obviously pulled on it too hard while the bag was jammed in something. I wouldn't consider that as a warranty replacement. I have seen those bags up close and though they are cheap, they aren't that flimsy. Just saying. Good try though

Thanks for that. I have absolutely no intention of trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. This was a genuine product flaw, albeit (hopefully) a rare one. I'm fully aware it's likely not the best product on the market but I would still like a replacement if possible - as would most people with a faulty purchase.
2022-8-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 8-14 21:47
LMAO, Dude thats not a natural failure of the product. You obviously pulled on it too hard while the bag was jammed in something. I wouldn't consider that as a warranty replacement. I have seen those bags up close and though they are cheap, they aren't that flimsy. Just saying. Good try though

Blimey, we have a Sherlock Holmes here, what a great detective you would make or, perhaps, must be.
One glance at crime scene photos and the crime would be solved...........

Perhaps you could explain, to those such as myself who lack your talents, what leads you to that conclusion?
2022-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules