Using wide angle/anamorphic lens with waterproof case
587 4 2022-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
askliarov
lvl.1

Egypt

Hello!
I'm trying to use waterproof case with anamorphic lens(freewell) and got some troubles with that. The main problem is when camera moves it's bumping on the case glass and you have gimble error, so you need to restart the camera. I found a small trick - remove bottom of pocket 2 so it can go dipper into the case, and now it is possible to switch on and off camera without error, make some recordings, but camera still bumps of the glass sometimes and you can see these bumps in a video. Also in this state record button sometimes triggering by itself, so this solution is not so good...
It is really pitty, becasue if you just don't close the case tight it works just perfectly. I think I will try to find way how to put soemthing between the top and bottow of the case(see the picture) like some extra rings and it can help, as I understand 3-5mm will be enough.
18ee28ed5d1756a706f710eeaf634390@large.jpg

Maybe you already found good solution, please share it!
Many thanks!

2022-8-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there askliarov. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party accessory ( freewell anamorphic lens ) that you want to use on your DJI Pocket 2. I hope that our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Pocket 2 and has the same setup can give out the best recommendation and information with regards to this matter. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on your DJI Pocket 2 compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition, using 3rd party accessories might cause damage or harm on your DJI Pocket 2 and can void the warranty as well. Thank you.
2022-8-14
Use props
askliarov
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello! Thank you for the answer. Yes, I know that it is under my responsibility, and case modification as well. But if you don't mind, in case of success I will put what I did here ;)
2022-8-15
Use props
askliarov
lvl.1

Netherlands

Ok, finally I made the ring, it is needed just 3mm in depth to avoid lens touching the screen. But now new problem appeared, haha, sometimes when you move camera to fast you can see black shapes of the case in your video on sides. So, bye-bye my dream to use anamorphic underwater... unless it will be option to set max tilt/turn for the gimbal.
2022-8-15
Use props
askliarov
lvl.1

Egypt

Hm, DJI Stephen, I also tried to don't use any lenses and move fast left and right, and I can see borders of case on left and right sides. So this is an issue and can be reported separately from this topic. To fix it, the range of pan must be a bit less. Otherwise you will have black spots along the left and right edges  when you move left and right.
Many thanks!
2022-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules