I hate wating for the app to stitch a pano that I throw away
939 6 2022-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thethomasthomas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

When making panos, I always throw the jpg away, and stitch the raws on my pc. I really wish DJI would give us the option to disable the in-drone stitching, and just have it take a series of raws. The jpgs aren't useable in any professional application, and it wastes a lot of time and battery if you just throw them away, as I do.

2022-8-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out. I will take this concern of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-14
Use props
LeBang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1042448 ft
Vietnam

Yes... please add RAW only option.
2022-12-18
Use props
jarrah31
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Which application do you use to stitch photos together out of interest?
2023-5-2
Use props
thethomasthomas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

jarrah31 Posted at 5-2 12:47
Which application do you use to stitch photos together out of interest?

I use Hugin.
2023-5-3
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

+1 Great idea.
2023-5-4
Use props
thethomasthomas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

MS Posted at 5-4 02:28
+1 Great idea.
Yeah, the more I think about it, the crazier the current implementation seems. The biggest constraint for drone photography is clock time (I need to capture that sunray, quick!) And battery time (I hope this battery gets me home.). So, having the drone, basically, pause in the middle of flight is annoying enough.  On top of which, the stitching process is power hungry, and eats watts fast.

Flying cameras should not be using their precious resources stitching 24 frame panoramas mid flight. It's crazy that this is non optional.

Someone else timed the stitching process and discovered that even though the app says its 50% done when it starts to stitch, it actually takes a lot longer to stitch than to photograph. It's not 50/50, it's more like 40/60 or 30/70. The 50% thing must be a placebo.

Please, DJI, give your drones a power boost, and your loyal customers a time bonus, with OPTIONAL in-flight stitching!
2023-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules