2303 8 2022-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384698 ft
United States

Hi all,

My M3P hyperlapses have lots of movement (of the drone) in them, so kind of thinking I am doing something wrong.  These were just taken with the drone in one fixed locaton, with very little wind, at least that I could tell.  Many other hyperlapses I've seen with the M3P are much more stable looking.  Is there a setting or other thing that will improve the stability of the shot? Is there something wrong with my drone?  See below links and let me know your thoughts.  Thanks!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ai2lWURo-v0Dgog4_4CBxMRRrXLdnw

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ai2lWURo-v0Dgog5tWYUMgLCeLtf8Q

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ai2lWURo-v0Dgog-cXe1jtVF6liP8Q

2022-8-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. First, can you please try to perform the gimbal auto calibration for us to make sure that the gimbal is stable when flying? Also please try to perform the said test in a different location wherein there is no strong wind that can interfere with the feature. You may want to check our fellow DJI Pilots tutorial on how to make a perfect hyperlapse with your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-8-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have not played with the hyperlapse feature yet but looking at the speed of the clouds, i do think wind is the issue here.
2022-8-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In addition to Bashy's thoughts, the drone seems fairly high. Wouldn't that mean that it is using only GPS for position holding?.... Even if the drone was low enough for the ground to be within range of the VPS sensor, in two of the videos I suspect the ground was too dark for VPS to work so, again, GPS only position holding.
2022-8-14
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same here:

2022-8-14
Use props
Harryscopic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1422920 ft
Spain

I have seen the same problem, and I think there are several factors. First, many hyperlapses you see online have been stabilized in the edit and look better than the raw footage so comparing them to yours isn't fair.

It's a small light aircraft and not as stable as the bigger ones, so unless there is zero wind it can move around (consider that wind at altitude is greater than on the ground). Then there's the relative position of the subject you're recording: if you are close to the ground or trees they will show more movement than subjects that are far away or much lower than the drone. Also, hovering in place may not be as stable as gently moving forward because of the air dynamics around the propellers and the direction changes that the controller has to cope with.

We can do timelapses with this drone but I wouldn't expect the same results as with a Mavic 3 or even an Air 2s.
2022-8-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SeehawerB Posted at 8-14 23:42
Same here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH6zYMUNjG4

In this one, the wind is quite clearly the factor here.
2022-8-15
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
United States

Harryscopic Posted at 8-15 00:29
I have seen the same problem, and I think there are several factors. First, many hyperlapses you see online have been stabilized in the edit and look better than the raw footage so comparing them to yours isn't fair.

It's a small light aircraft and not as stable as the bigger ones, so unless there is zero wind it can move around (consider that wind at altitude is greater than on the ground). Then there's the relative position of the subject you're recording: if you are close to the ground or trees they will show more movement than subjects that are far away or much lower than the drone. Also, hovering in place may not be as stable as gently moving forward because of the air dynamics around the propellers and the direction changes that the controller has to cope with.

Yes, I plan to experiment with a slow directional movement instead of hover in place to see if that helps to stabilize the video.  I can't figure out how  to set a course that the drone flies when shooting...
2022-8-16
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
United States

Seems the newest firmware addresses the issue...
2022-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules