4157 43 2022-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DSB62
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5846 ft
Canada

Hello,

This problem first started in April when I brought out my Spark to fly, Go4 would not start.  It just falshed and went back to the home screen of android where you can see the app logo.  Then I donwloaded the APK files direct from the DJI site and it worked perfectluy.  But today it would not start again, so I downloaded the APK files and installed the DJI GO4 app from the DJI site, and it still flashes and shuts off.  So I tried DJI Fly and it does not Support the Spark.

What am I to do, assume my investment is no longer supported like apple does for the Ipad or what?.

Anyone who can offer help please let me know.  Also, I uninstalled the DJI GO4 app, then reinstalled the new download from the DJI site.

Thanks in advance
2022-8-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-8-14
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

LG velvet. With all updates
2022-8-14
Use props
djiuser_6b5M70hrVo0t
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285591 ft
Australia

I'm using S20 and DJI go 4 app is still crashing in mine. It says app has a bug.
2022-8-15
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

The Go4 app is known to have problems with the latest Android OS versions.
Get yourself an older, used phone with no personal info on it, plus put no SIM card in it. Put an older version of DJI Go4 on it, a 4.1 or 4.2 something works fine. Newer versions have no added benefit for Spark pilots, anyways, these version only need more memory on your phone.
DJI Fly is for the Mini drones only AFAIK.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2022-8-15
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191726 ft
Austria

I have the same error. I tried older dji go 4 app but it has some issues with access to memory, although I allowed every thing. With the latest version I get the same issue like OP.
2022-8-15
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

Wolferl Posted at 8-15 00:58
Hi,

The Go4 app is known to have problems with the latest Android OS versions.

Thanks.  I will give it a try.  I have an S4 and a few others but will have to change the cable out.  Any idea why my videos from earlier runs are pixelated or there are transition lines when flying over water.
2022-8-15
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

Koppo Posted at 8-15 03:30
I have the same error. I tried older dji go 4 app but it has some issues with access to memory, although I allowed every thing. With the latest version I get the same issue like OP.

Thanks for the heads up.
2022-8-15
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_6b5M70hrVo0t Posted at 8-15 00:45
I'm using S20 and DJI go 4 app is still crashing in mine. It says app has a bug.

Ok. Thanks.
2022-8-15
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Croatia

Ay news on this? Im on vacation and need the drone first time after a year and I cant use it. I'm really disappointes from dji!
2022-8-15
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

DSB62 Posted at 8-15 04:38
Thanks.  I will give it a try.  I have an S4 and a few others but will have to change the cable out.  Any idea why my videos from earlier runs are pixelated or there are transition lines when flying over water.

Hi,
I was using an S4 too, and it worked nicely. But I now use an LG G5 (without a SIM card) because it has a larger screen. And I'm using MOD 2.0 app to get more video transmission range with remote controller.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2022-8-16
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

Wolferl Posted at 8-16 01:38
Hi,
I was using an S4 too, and it worked nicely. But I now use an LG G5 (without a SIM card) because it has a larger screen. And I'm using MOD 2.0 app to get more video transmission range with remote controller.

Thanks again, where do i get the Mod 2.0 app.  Sorry I dont know the mods and where they are, but  we are still talking about DJI GO4 mod 2.0, right
2022-8-16
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

Koppo Posted at 8-15 22:51
Ay news on this? Im on vacation and need the drone first time after a year and I cant use it. I'm really disappointes from dji!

Yes this is a response I received.  I am in the process of trying it. Downloaded the App and everything appears to work fine.  It is an app modification that I have tried for control and works well.  I have not tried it over water yet.  I just searched the dji MOD 2.0 and followed the instructions.

"Hi,

Cheers,
Wolferl"
2022-8-16
Use props
Air Recon Nola
lvl.1
Flight distance : 916555 ft
United States

I have a 1plus 8+    phone i Have been flying with   the update has killed  DJI Go 4 app  no matter how much i download delete or fiddle.    I here its to do with the security patch in it      when can we expect a patch.
I see the mavic 3 uses the new app    soo are mavic 2 useres just screwed   !!!  
2022-8-16
Use props
djiuser_dhO55rYqHKI5
New

South Africa

My DGI GO 4 does not work on my Samsung A72.
Please send updates.
2022-8-16
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Croatia

Thats a total NOGO from DJI. At least they could give a statement or response? It seems Android 12 users have a problem in general.
2022-8-16
Use props
ISee
lvl.1

United States

Samsung S21 \ Android 12 The App stopped working. APK from DJI Store doesn't help. DJI support Could you advice?
2022-8-16
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

ISee Posted at 8-16 16:01
Samsung S21 \ Android 12 The App stopped working. APK from DJI Store doesn't help. DJI support Could you advice?

This is the response I received and have tried. It definitely gets you back flying, but I have few questions left in the setup.  Today I was trying it, and when I used quick shots on my Spark for active track, as I walked forward the drone moved backwards.  I had to break operations as it was moving into the trees pretty fast.  I did test for vertical range and hit 400' no problem without loosing control out about 1500'.  So far so good.

"Hi,

2022-8-16
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Koppo Posted at 8-15 22:51
Ay news on this? Im on vacation and need the drone first time after a year and I cant use it. I'm really disappointes from dji!

Have you downloaded the latest version from the DJI site?

https://www.dji.com/downloads
2022-8-16
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

you need the mod 4.1.15  version, i should give you a link below. (use old android phone or tablet)
here how to install, 1.delete old version dji go4.
2 download my version and put it on your phone or tablet(android)
now before you install set phone in airplane mode.
3 install and log in use name: A, password B
4. complete your install and closed the go 4 app.
now set phone to the internet use wifi and start the go app.
right corner menu go to offline maps and download you map of choice.
you are done.
now start RC, Start Spark wait for green light for connection, now then you put your OTG cable in your RC.
Here is the link( 30 days available)
https://ufile.io/jgo60f4y
now you have all modes like the mavic pro and FCC power.
also you don't need internet any more , you have offline maps!!
also when you want to fly waypoints it's easier to use this app in combination with the go4 mod app.
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... namp;hl=nlamp;gl=US
with the mod missions you can plan waypoints missions in advance.
with only the go4mod version you must save each waypoint (like the mavic pro) and then executed the mission.
cheers
Jos
2022-8-17
Use props
ISee
lvl.1

United States

DSB62 Posted at 8-16 16:06
This is the response I received and have tried. It definitely gets you back flying, but I have few questions left in the setup.  Today I was trying it, and when I used quick shots on my Spark for active track, as I walked forward the drone moved backwards.  I had to break operations as it was moving into the trees pretty fast.  I did test for vertical range and hit 400' no problem without loosing control out about 1500'.  So far so good.

"Hi,

Thank you for you respond. but I didn't get it. should I just take out SIM card? or change my Phone?
2022-8-18
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

ISee Posted at 8-18 11:05
Thank you for you respond. but I didn't get it. should I just take out SIM card? or change my Phone?

Hi ISee,

It has nothing to with the SIM card.
My suggestion was to use an older, maybe used, phone just to fly your Spark with.
This older phone uses an older Android OS, where the Go4 app still works nicely.
Since (old) phones without any security updates pose a security threat, it's good to *not* put any personal infos (contacts, emails etc.) *or a SIM card* in it, just in case.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2022-8-19
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

dji_MODDER Posted at 8-17 01:01
you need the mod 4.1.15  version, i should give you a link below. (use old android phone or tablet)
here how to install, 1.delete old version dji go4.
2 download my version and put it on your phone or tablet(android)

Thanks. It works but now I have 2 errors.  1. Gimbal motor overload, and 2. USB connection keeps getting lost mid flight.  Which cant be good.  Luckily i was just hovering locally
2022-8-20
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

DSB62 Posted at 8-20 07:01
Thanks. It works but now I have 2 errors.  1. Gimbal motor overload, and 2. USB connection keeps getting lost mid flight.  Which cant be good.  Luckily i was just hovering locally

hmmm, strange thing you have. The reported errors didn't received from any other users using the mod version.
Are you sure to use a good OTG cable?
2022-8-21
Use props
fans3501861c
New
Flight distance : 18645 ft
United States

Had this been addressed yet? I can't fly my Spark with my Pixel 6. If this is how DJO supports their products I will never buy from DJI again.
2022-8-21
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Austria

I used MOD version and right after takeoff I got an IMU error and my drone flew away. I was able to run for high ground to gain connection back and fly it somehow back to me without GPS in Att mode. I almost lost it, I wont use any MOD versions anymore. This never happened before. I'll wait until DJI comes up with a workable version. In the meantime, DJI is loosing my trust day by day by not making a public statement about this.
2022-8-22
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

Koppo Posted at 8-22 02:43
I used MOD version and right after takeoff I got an IMU error and my drone flew away. I was able to run for high ground to gain connection back and fly it somehow back to me without GPS in Att mode. I almost lost it, I wont use any MOD versions anymore. This never happened before. I'll wait until DJI comes up with a workable version. In the meantime, DJI is loosing my trust day by day by not making a public statement about this.

Thanks. Thats good to know.  I tried it yesterday.  I was able to control my spark well with the RC sticks .lost connection at 250 ft elev. And had to restart the app but drone was still recording.  It did not return to home but even though my screen was black I could still fly by sight.  To come home.  That was good but i was over water so that was a panic moment for me.  I thought it was my cable but now i dont think so.  I think the old phone and old version my work.  Just have to try that if i can find an old version.
2022-8-22
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

dji_MODDER Posted at 8-21 03:19
hmmm, strange thing you have. The reported errors didn't received from any other users using the mod version.
Are you sure to use a good OTG cable?

As per my knowledge it is a good cable.  Worked perfect until the upgrade and then nothing functioned.  The mod blacks out in the middle of a flight as well.  The drone can still fly.  Does not return home but you at least bring it down and move it with the RC.  Have to restart the app midflight.  In quick shot I have no choices.  After subject selection it automatically goes to dronie but instead of up the drone heads backwards.
2022-8-22
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

I think DJI is pulling an Apple and expects us all to buy new drones.  My daughters 6 year old Mac will. Ot function all of a sudden and has to buy a new 3000 machine.  Sounds pretty comparable.  What are the other drone solutions we can move to with the same quality???
2022-8-22
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

fans3501861c Posted at 8-21 18:39
Had this been addressed yet? I can't fly my Spark with my Pixel 6. If this is how DJO supports their products I will never buy from DJI again.

Nothing from DJI just an apology.  I am going to get a ne sable and try with my ipad mini old version that apple wont allo updates on so its as dead as my spark right now.  Just have to find an older version djigo4 for apple i guess.
2022-8-22
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

DSB62 Posted at 8-22 04:50
...After subject selection it automatically goes to dronie but instead of up the drone heads backwards.

It's actually normal behaviour for dronie mode to go backwards and climb only then. Have a look here (not my video):

2022-8-23
Use props
shashinstudiollc
lvl.1
United States

dji go 4 doesn't work on my fully up to date pixel4xl either; open the app, and it immediately crashes the app. have gone through the whole process of clearing cache and data, reinstalling, etc

app is essentially unusable at this point, which keeps me from integrating airloft

thankfully i have my smart controller, but it would be nice if this app were updated - it hasn't been updated on the app store since september of 2020
2022-8-23
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

Wolferl Posted at 8-23 01:31
It's actually normal behaviour for dronie mode to go backwards and climb only then. Have a look here (not my video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLitsufYd6c

You are right.  I was so shocked that i had lost and recovered my drone by the app shutting down midflight that I thought I would try a quick shot and see if I can use the mod that way.  In my mind I was executing a rocket command, because that was the shot I was taking over water before I lost connection at 250' elevation.  I came down with a black screen through VLOS and thought maybe quick shot works better.   The app allows you to get to quick shot through the RC icon, but once I touch quick shot, it goes right to the highlight subject screen, which I did, hit go and it was a dronie straight back into the bush.   I apologize for the error in describing what happened and my mind was set on rocket.
2022-8-23
Use props
Radu Secara
New
Flight distance : 153967 ft
Romania

Hello,
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and I use a Onenplus 9 Pro to fly the de drone. The DJI GO 4 app won't start and can not Fly my drone anymore. Please help!
2022-8-23
Use props
djiuser_b0B6qVGe01xN
New
Flight distance : 123556 ft

United Kingdom

djiuser_6b5M70hrVo0t Posted at 8-15 00:45

Hi I changed from a galaxy s9 to a galaxy s20fe I had to install  all new apps. I downloaded  the dji4go app from dji but it just keeps crashing.  I uninstalled the app deleted cesh and re installed from dji still it keeps crashing. I hooe to fly my mavic air tomorrow  but cant unless I resolve this issue  with dji4go  app.
2022-8-23
Use props
djiuser_b0B6qVGe01xN
New
Flight distance : 123556 ft

United Kingdom

Radu Secara Posted at 8-23 11:27
Hello,
I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and I use a Onenplus 9 Pro to fly the de drone. The DJI GO 4 app won't start and can not Fly my drone anymore. Please help!

I have same problem all day on my mavic air I tried clearing cash,uninstalling,installing and only from official dji site. NOTHING WORKS. Grrrrr.
Iam using samsung galaxys20fe and everything updated too.
2022-8-23
Use props
Radu Secara
New
Flight distance : 153967 ft
Romania

djiuser_b0B6qVGe01xN Posted at 8-23 11:56
I have same problem all day on my mavic air I tried clearing cash,uninstalling,installing and only from official dji site. NOTHING WORKS. Grrrrr.
Iam using samsung galaxys20fe and everything updated too.

PM to DJI Wanda, she helped me. App works on phone and I'll try later fly the drone.
She send me a link to download the beta versin of de DJI GO 4.

Succes!
2022-8-24
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

DSB62 Posted at 8-23 05:05
You are right.  I was so shocked that i had lost and recovered my drone by the app shutting down midflight that I thought I would try a quick shot and see if I can use the mod that way.  In my mind I was executing a rocket command, because that was the shot I was taking over water before I lost connection at 250' elevation.  I came down with a black screen through VLOS and thought maybe quick shot works better.   The app allows you to get to quick shot through the RC icon, but once I touch quick shot, it goes right to the highlight subject screen, which I did, hit go and it was a dronie straight back into the bush.   I apologize for the error in describing what happened and my mind was set on rocket.

No worries, dude, all is good!

Happy flying!
2022-8-24
Use props
djiuser_B1lmMojKf1hi
New
United States

I have an S22 Ultra and was using the DJI Go 4 app and it was working. Something has Changed and the app immediately crashes.. I have went online to find solutions and have not found one that works.. I think the DJI rep that says my phone is not supported and to go and use another phine on thier approve phone list needs to be fired. No offense but I paid $1500.00 for my phone and that's some terrible advice. Your not going to support the latest version of android or the latest flagship phone. send an email to the developer and have yet to get a reply.  This was working on my phone to begin with. I don't recall downloading an update for my android that caused this problem. I believe it was an update to the DJI app but I could be wrong. Now I have several if DJI's Drones that are out of commission because the app doesn't work. I bought DJI because of the support they provide or at least I was told they provide. So far I am not impressed. Please come up with a viable solution to this issu
2022-8-24
Use props
DSB62
lvl.1
Canada

Radu Secara Posted at 8-24 02:20
PM to DJI Wanda, she helped me. App works on phone and I'll try later fly the drone.
She send me a link to download the beta versin of de DJI GO 4.

Thats great news.  Can you share the link with everyone please.
2022-8-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules