Smart Controller Waypoint Properties Issue
1295 11 2022-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikenie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1518146 ft
United States

I can add waypoints on my Smart Controller connected to my Mavic 2 Pro, but tapping on them does not show properties. Tapping it just adds another waypoint or an error pops up that reads "new waypoint is too close to the adjacent waypoint" (of course, as I'm tapping on a current waypoint). As of Aug 14, 2022, my firmware and DJI Go app versions are refreshed and up to date. Please help! This useful feature is unusable!!
2022-8-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to take a screen recording on your DJI Smart Controller showing the issue with the error message for us to check it here on our end? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-8-14
Use props
mikenie
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-14 18:59
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to take a screen recording on your DJI Smart Controller showing the issue with the error message for us to check it here on our end? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Thanks for the quick response! Can you access this YouTube link to see what I'm having trouble with?

Problem accessing WP properties on Smart Controller (https://youtu.be/rUmdCGLh4Kk)
2022-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mikenie Posted at 8-15 08:11
Thanks for the quick response! Can you access this YouTube link to see what I'm having trouble with?

Problem accessing WP properties on Smart Controller (https://youtu.be/rUmdCGLh4Kk)

Thanks for the video provided. It seems that you did not tap exactly on the waypoint you've set. Please try tapping it again or test it with a touchscreen pen. If it still does not work, please tell us the current app version.
2022-8-16
Use props
mikenie
lvl.1
United States

Oh, rest assure that I'm clicking on the waypoints (and, yes, I've used a stylus as well). I'm not one to ask for help until I'm at my wits end and can't find a solution on my own. This situation has been going on for as long I can remember and I've tried at least a hundred times to get the properties to show. Please help! My versions are as follows:

Smart Controller: Firmware: V01.01.0064; Android version: 7.1.2
Aircraft: 1.00.0770
Go App: 4.3.50

I also saw that someone else in the forum was dealing with this as well: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=268568.

Thanks for anything you can do to help!
2022-8-16
Use props
Wilson 000
lvl.2

Hong Kong

mikenie Posted at 8-16 08:50
Oh, rest assure that I'm clicking on the waypoints (and, yes, I've used a stylus as well). I'm not one to ask for help until I'm at my wits end and can't find a solution on my own. This situation has been going on for as long I can remember and I've tried at least a hundred times to get the properties to show. Please help! My versions are as follows:

Smart Controller: Firmware: V01.01.0064; Android version: 7.1.2

You can try to zoom in on the map, I try before and it works!
2022-8-17
Use props
mikenie
lvl.1
United States

Yes, it's what I do every time I try so that I'm sure that I'm clicking on the existing waypoint.  This is definitely a software issue, not an user error issue. It's either faulty software or a setting that is wrong...
2022-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mikenie Posted at 8-17 09:06
Yes, it's what I do every time I try so that I'm sure that I'm clicking on the existing waypoint.  This is definitely a software issue, not an user error issue. It's either faulty software or a setting that is wrong...

We will report this case to our engineers for further investigation.
2022-8-18
Use props
mikenie
lvl.1
United States

Thank you. Please follow up soon. Again, I'm not the only one dealing with this issue.
2022-8-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mikenie Posted at 8-18 09:39
Thank you. Please follow up soon. Again, I'm not the only one dealing with this issue.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please try to follow the steps below: Enter the Setting of your phone, find DJI go4, and then uninstall the APP. After that, reinstall the APP from our official website to see if it works. If the issue persists, please try to contact our team via support@dji.com and send it back for further testing.
2022-8-19
Use props
mikenie
lvl.1
United States

This is not an issue with my phone, but rather my DJI Smart Controller. I've "refreshed" the install a couple of times. Do you recommend actually uninstalling it as well?
2022-8-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

mikenie Posted at 8-23 09:40
This is not an issue with my phone, but rather my DJI Smart Controller. I've "refreshed" the install a couple of times. Do you recommend actually uninstalling it as well?

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Please try to install the latest version on the website. At the same time clear the previous version for the fear of it will interfere with the running of the latest one.
2022-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules