Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans60f0a8e5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4472454 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey,
I have a new Mavic 3 that I have flown 5 times. I have owned several of the Phantoms and previous versions of the Mavics. This drone keeps disconnecting less than 200 ft away from the controller and initiating RTH. I haven't had issues like this since the first Phantom came out. There were no tall buildings or power lines or anything causing interference. Just one small building I am flying around. How do I upload the flight logs or change them from txt files? Any advice or updates? It had latest updates/firmware etc.
Thanks,
2022-8-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Mavic 3 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2022-8-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Post the txt file and there are people who can read it.
Or upload to https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/
... and post a link to the report it gives you.
2022-8-14
Use props
fans60f0a8e5
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-14 22:53
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Mavic 3 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

[view_image]

It is a Mavic 3 Fly More Combo. I have used it in several locations. The range on this drone is 15km or 9miles and I can't go more than 200ft without it disconnecting. I am using an Iphone 12 pro with it.
2022-8-15
Use props
fans60f0a8e5
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-14 23:06
Post the txt file and there are people who can read it.
Or upload to https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/
... and post a link to the report it gives you.

Hey,
Here is the link for the flight log.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/4D57D9C7BSYBCZXYXOLQ
Thanks!
2022-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This drone keeps disconnecting less than 200 ft away from the controller and initiating RTH.
Looking at that flight data, you are getting a lot of indications of weak signal, a few times at 200-300 ft, but much more often at 800-1000 ft.
Each red dot on the Google Earth image below shows where this was happening.

There were no tall buildings or power lines or anything causing interference.

Interference in the flying area can be the cause of poor signal.
Before deciding that there's a problem with the drone/controller, you need to identify whether there might be an issue with the environment you fly in.

You mention flying this new drone 5 times.
Looking at the site in the flight data you posted, it has a large number of houses around your site, probably putting out a ton of wifi interference.
The further you fly into this, the signal dropouts increase.
Have you flown somewhere with no/low signal interference?
A flight just to the west would be a good test flight to see if there's a big difference and help understand if the problem is with your equipment or it it's due to interference in the local environment.

Another thing to consider is that the drone has the ability to use frequencies in the 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz bands.
If you are getting interference, sometimes switching to one or the other can help reduce the effect on your flight.

Co.jpg
Screenshot_20220816-090804a.jpg
2022-8-15
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Yes all of the signal errors showed up near the houses. Very possible wifi saturation. I would really want to see your transmission screen in the DJI Fly App when flying in that area. You really need to study the 2.4 and 5.8ghz bands - the fly app will show you on the graph what the interference looks like. If you see tons of interference all the way across the band you are transmitting on, then this will most certainly be a contributing factor. As Labroides said above you could switch to the other band and likely see improvements - but it all depends on what the saturation is like. Study that transmission tab so you can see what's going on.
2022-8-16
Use props
fans60f0a8e5
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ok, but I fly near/over/around houses all the time. I am a real estate photographer and construction progress photographer. I have never had this issue with the Mavic 2. I've had 4 of them. I am constantly hiding behind trees, cars, houses etc so that I am not in the video while keeping an eye on the drone. This is supposed to be the next generation of drone, better than the Mavic 2 which I fly every day and have no issues with disconnecting when the controller is this close to the drone. I can test it in an open area tomorrow to see if that makes a difference.  If the Mavic 3 is going to disconnect every time I am near houses I rather stick to the Mavic 2 pro that has been my workhorse for years.
2022-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules